Author Topic: Gaming proposal , not accepted .  (Read 23183 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Seeing as that BM realises BTS is about to fail and is putting it in as a desperate step, everybody should vote yes.

spoiler alert : BTS is gonna go viral in several months due to some major promotion effort in China , unless we do something to drag their feet . A crowd funding company already got millions of USD of VC to operate their operation on BTS . That's once in a life time opportunity for BTS .

As a matter of fact , all they want is no more surprises , a stable wallet and protocol ,  everything will work out eventually .

This is dead but I'm interested, what's the status on this, any updates? This was February, we're in November now and I didn't hear any more news from China ever since.

You must have missed it.. but the poll results speak for themselves.. they dropped this idea fast.

Oh but from what cn mentioned it seemed like they had closed some kind of deal already, not related to gambling. I mean, a company already with millions of USD to operate on BTS and then it suddenly vanishes? Maybe I misunderstood it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Seeing as that BM realises BTS is about to fail and is putting it in as a desperate step, everybody should vote yes.

spoiler alert : BTS is gonna go viral in several months due to some major promotion effort in China , unless we do something to drag their feet . A crowd funding company already got millions of USD of VC to operate their operation on BTS . That's once in a life time opportunity for BTS .

As a matter of fact , all they want is no more surprises , a stable wallet and protocol ,  everything will work out eventually .

This is dead but I'm interested, what's the status on this, any updates? This was February, we're in November now and I didn't hear any more news from China ever since.

You must have missed it.. but the poll results speak for themselves.. they dropped this idea fast.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
If anyone wants to drive BTS out of  China and lost the only major fiat portal we could ever have in at least 6 months and ruin all the hard working promotion effort with serious VC investors  , please do this . 

Otherwise , don't .

No gambling should be on BTS wallet , period .

I've already obtained opinion from experienced lawyers .
Actually , it is a very interesting place in China, there are many gaming are running centralization services, geme using mortgage securities in taobao.com
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
Get the wallet as User Friendly as possible, look at Circle and their super easy to use interface, We need something like that for Bitshares, the graphs inside of Bitshares look so bad compared to other graphs, buttons and speed need to be more polished, focus on creating something that is built for the average joe
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline fuzzy

If you want gambling with bitAssets, why not consider providing some kind of legal umbrella - acquire a licence in the most cost effective jurisdiction and then create an API for bitshares gambling projects to use. That way you open the doors to all kinds of different projects while taking some cut of their profits to pay for the licencing and legal requirements.
+5%
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline monsterer

If you want gambling with bitAssets, why not consider providing some kind of legal umbrella - acquire a licence in the most cost effective jurisdiction and then create an API for bitshares gambling projects to use. That way you open the doors to all kinds of different projects while taking some cut of their profits to pay for the licencing and legal requirements.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
I still think blockchain-based Minecraft would be a great fun addition to a wallet. Minetest is an open-source clone of Minecraft.

Offline hightower

• My soul is lifted up and rest in the hightower
    • View Profile
After listening to Bytemasters reasoning, I have changed my mind and agree that the wallet needs to have a fun element.

This should be optional add-on to the wallet.

There should be many add-on wallet options

Can this be done?

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
We got this, no need to gamble. Let play play that card.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I think anything like this needs to be done by a third party, not by anyone with 'official' ties to bitshares.

Exactly. This shouldn't be an official focus.

Offline bytemaster

Who says that delegates are liable for anything?

If the delegates decide the outcome of the bet directly, they will be liable. Now, if you could make it true peer to peer, then there would not be a problem :)

No individual delegate can determine the outcome.  It would take massive collusion among delegates to start to harm it.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I see it the same .. delegates are just building blocks from transactions ..
the only two things they are liable for are signing blocks and publishing feeds ..
the content of the blocks is not the matter of the delegate

If you have them generating random numbers specifically for this purpose, though, that's a different matter.
Hu? Since when is randomness regulated?

The interpretation of the randomness is the task of the game developer

Offline monsterer

the only two things they are liable for are signing blocks and publishing feeds ..

If you have them generating random numbers specifically for this purpose, though, that's a different matter.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
If you put it into the client, the delegates will be pushed out of europe, the US, the UK and china due to gambling laws.

Who says that delegates are liable for anything?