Author Topic: Gaming proposal , not accepted .  (Read 22918 times)

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
I thought this was an excellent idea, and I believe the risk/reward ratio is highly in our favor. Bytemaster said that by the end of the year, anyone will be able to do this with smart contracts anyways, so the concerns about potential "regulatory crackdown" for gambling are a moot point. To turn down the opportunity to create some desperately needed utility for bitAssets at this point would be foolish.

As for user adoption, think about how many people play "bingo" instant lottery tickets. Hundreds of thousands? Millions? Imagine if they found out that they could play them online, using real money, to win real money. A lightweight wallet that you could fund and then play? And completely decentralized, so people from every country in the world would be driving the jackpots higher and higher. The upside potential is huge, considering the 80 hours it would take to implement. (bytemaster's estimate).

"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline bytemaster

If anyone wants to drive BTS out of  China and lost the only major fiat portal we could ever have in at least 6 months and ruin all the hard working promotion effort with serious VC investors  , please do this . 

Otherwise , don't .

No gambling should be on BTS wallet , period .

I've already obtained opinion from experienced lawyers .

Agreed..  what about the BTS blockchain?

you mean a different looking and branding wallet using the BTS chain ?

Yes
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
If anyone wants to drive BTS out of  China and lost the only major fiat portal we could ever have in at least 6 months and ruin all the hard working promotion effort with serious VC investors  , please do this . 

Otherwise , don't .

you mean a different looking and branding wallet using the BTS chain ?
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
I can't vote as the reason for "no" isn't the reason I would give. 

I don't think any new features are needed, just wallet stability/speed/easy use, including making it visually compatible with forex software/existing CFD platform formats. 

I wouldn't be able to play the bingo anyway because apparently my 2 year old mac-mini is too primitive to run BitShares properly.  I've been told its my hardware that's the problem, and that the light client solves the problem, but it doesn't because the light client wont support the exchange features for some time. 

There must be ways to improve it to reduce the hardware requirements.  I don't care about any other stuff being added.

Offline bytemaster

Otherwise , don't .

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Pheonike

I think when it would make a good seperate mobile app when the lite client is ready. But definitely not integrated in the the main app.

Offline cn-members

• View Profile

Otherwise , don't .

BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline cylon

• View Profile
On the latest mumble, Bytemaster said that if BitShares was mentioned on too many mainstream media outlets or received too many new client downloads, then we could just remove the app it and keep the publicity.

BitShares Bingo would be to Bitshares what Solitaire is to Windows.  A favorite program of some. 

BitCNY gaming is real CNY because BTC38 is a gateway for real CNY
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 04:15:29 am by cn-members »
BTS: cylon