Author Topic: Bitshares Hardware Wallet presale  (Read 2312 times)

Offline abelljefrry

I'm interested in your offering, but I'd like to gather more information about your product. Can you explain briefly how your hardware wallet works (Especially for the non-tech guys around here)?

From what I understand, Fenix is a mini-PC similar to Raspberry Pi or Android TV stick, right? So is it just a portable hardware wallet or there's some additional security features on top of it? If the answer to the latter is yes, how does it achieve that level of security?

What are the difference between your hardware wallet and Trezor or LedgerWallet? (Besides it works for Bitshares and not Bitcoin)
Need a designer for your project? Hire me! I accept BTS as payment :)

View my BitShares design portfolio here : bit.ly/BitSharesPortfolio

Offline ubits

• View Profile
I would be interested
Android
Extra Cold

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Hi faddat,
Very exciting news. I would use android and would like wallet to be served extra cold  :).
Would be happy to pay 100 bitUSD once we have some more info.
Aloha  :)

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
I would be interested in this, and willing to pay 100BitUSD.  But I'm not interested in being first and taking the risk. I would purchase after the general consensus of the community is that this product is safe, secure and reliable.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline metalallen

• View Profile
welcome faddat .. ok we stay contact with Trezor and guess hyperkey was contacted also!

if you can up with detailed business plan, pictures of prototypes etc. then i'm thinking more user would be interested!
First you should build trust with community before you ask for a pre-sale --- my 2 cents

But your initiative is much appreciated so pls go more into detail :)

Well said. +5%
浮壹白的微博:http://weibo.com/u/2279693077
BTSX Account:metalallen

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
welcome faddat .. ok we stay contact with Trezor and guess hyperkey was contacted also!

if you can up with detailed business plan, pictures of prototypes etc. then i'm thinking more user would be interested!
First you should build trust with community before you ask for a pre-sale --- my 2 cents

But your initiative is much appreciated so pls go more into detail :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline faddat

• View Profile
  • BitShares: faddat
I bought TREZORs in the pre-sale. The project was greatly delayed, which was annoying, but eventually came through and I was pleased with the product.

However, when I purchased in the pre-sale. bitcoins were much higher lower than when the product was finally delivered. For this reason, I would suggest that if you do a pres-sale it should be in bitAssets.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 08:35:12 PM by onceuponatime
»

I am thinking of doing exactly this.  I know that there's this view of a contract less society around here, but well, this seems like a really great application of a smart contract.  Here is the situation-- I need to do some software work on Fenix before I can say for sure that it is ready to go for this use case.  Fenix itself (android/Ubuntu) is all ready to go.  At this point I only need to determine how to set up the UI. 

I could:
* connect via WiFi

Or

* just output via hdmi

EXTRA COLD
*make the device incapable of connecting to the internet

FENIX WILL AUTOMATICALLY
Make sure it is always up to date

SO, DEAR READERS, can I get a show of hands?  Who would be interested if 100 bitusd got you in the door?  How would you use it?  Would you run android or windows?

Finally, thanks for your support.  Hearing people get excited about dawn hardware is the bees' knees. 
*make a fenix docker collection