Author Topic: Using TITAN to mix BTC  (Read 1034 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
it's not really "mixing" as the funds always go the whole way all together .. though you have a third party that alone knows the connection between inputs and outputs .. so you can in theory "launder" money through shapshift. If, however, someone can identify shapeshift, they can force them to open up their books which will then again lead to you.

The term mixing stands for having several individuals that send fund into a transaction with several outputs .. then you cannot distinguish who has sent how much ..

Offline joereform

With the ShapeShift gateway, one can almost instantly convert BTC to BTS and have it deposited to your registered account.

My question is whether the way TITAN is set up is an effective way to mix BTC.

In other words...

1. I have ShapeShift convert a certain amount of BTC by sending it from my HD wallet and having it send BTS to my registered Bitshares address.
2. I immediately send the same amount of BTS back to ShapeShift (either in one or in multiple transactions), and it sends me BTC to brand-new Bitcoin address(es).

If I understand how TITAN works, the amount of BTC I still have would be, for all practical purposes, untraceable. Am I correct, or am I missing something here?