Author Topic: BitBTC:BitUSD market question  (Read 1187 times)

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
I'd like to take some advantage of the volatility of BTC by trading the bitBTC and bitUSD pair on the DAC. I see the market exists, but there are no open orders either on the buying side or the selling side.

Can one short one for the other without a price feed? I know that market depth would be necessary to make this venture worthwhile. I am pretty surprised that the speculators on the centralized exchanges haven't migrated this direction at least a little. The ShapeShift on/off ramp would make it a lot easier for those who desire to keep their funds on an exchange without frequently withdrawing in fiat.

There are orders. Make  sure it is not user issued asset markets BITBTC or BITUSD.  The real markets are BitBTC and BitUSD.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Can one short one for the other without a price feed?
you can only short either bitUSD or bitBTC .. both have to be shorted with BTS in collateral .. currently there is no way to short btc for bitUSD as collateral (though plans of an upgrade exist)

I know that market depth would be necessary to make this venture worthwhile. I am pretty surprised that the speculators on the centralized exchanges haven't migrated this direction at least a little. The ShapeShift on/off ramp would make it a lot easier for those who desire to keep their funds on an exchange without frequently withdrawing in fiat.
No sure why there seem to be no trading in that market .. seems someone has to take the "first-steps" :)

Offline joereform

I'd like to take some advantage of the volatility of BTC by trading the bitBTC and bitUSD pair on the DAC. I see the market exists, but there are no open orders either on the buying side or the selling side.

Can one short one for the other without a price feed? I know that market depth would be necessary to make this venture worthwhile. I am pretty surprised that the speculators on the centralized exchanges haven't migrated this direction at least a little. The ShapeShift on/off ramp would make it a lot easier for those who desire to keep their funds on an exchange without frequently withdrawing in fiat.