Author Topic: BTS is 2nd only to BTC  (Read 3047 times)

Offline alexkravets

• View Profile
Bitshares is overcomplicated, buggy, resource hungry, keeps changing, illiquid and its disciples keep on telling the world how crappy everything else is.

... not necessarily my opinion, but this is how others perceive it.

Haha that is actually all true though :) ...for now

And the supporters of most of those other coins have the same response to why their coin is actually better than it is currently being perceived by the market.

Ripple would say "It doesnt matter that the distribution is unfair.  When you value a tech startup, does it matter that the founders have lots of shares?  Ripple is actually being used by some banks".

Doge would say "It doesnt matter that it was a joke, what matters is that it developed a very strong network effect and vibrant community".

And so on.

Also, all the Proof of Work coins say that the Proof of Stake coins don't count.  So Litecoin is like: 'we are actually #2', and Doge is like: 'we are actually #3', and so on.

Its really funny.  Everyone finds a way to try and justify thinking that their favorite coin is "really the #2" behind BTC.

Not all rationale is equal though.

So what matters is whether or not your premise is correct.
If you assume POW is dead then we are #2 to ripple.
If you assume Centralization is dead then we are #1 

I think there will be plenty of market share to go around in a growing market.

Indeed, not all rationales are equal, for example:

Ripple is presently centralized, but is not inherently so. In the future it will be as decentralized as its eventual participants want, at least as much as current internet backbones a.k.a "autonomous routing systems" and likely much more.

Yes it will be a worldwide cartel of central banks and private financial institutions (for validation) but that's not centralized since there will be no single locus of control and greedy bankers will all police each other

In other words, the degree of centralization in Ripple is configurable by each site, in DPOS terms it would be as if each holder of BTS would get to choose not only a slate of delegates but also the number of delegates AND the choices would be kept secret so that it would not even be possible for some powerful outside force to tell which delegates they have to go and threaten and/or bribe to do their bidding.

Cheers ...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 07:49:57 am by alexkravets »

Offline Markus

• View Profile
Lite wallet be out this week tho right, I have hope

Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt.

Offline bytemaster

Bitshares is overcomplicated, buggy, resource hungry, keeps changing, illiquid and its disciples keep on telling the world how crappy everything else is.

And the supporters of most of those other coins have the same response to why their coin is actually better than it is currently being perceived by the market.

Ripple would say "It doesnt matter that the distribution is unfair.  When you value a tech startup, does it matter that the founders have lots of shares?  Ripple is actually being used by some banks".

Doge would say "It doesnt matter that it was a joke, what matters is that it developed a very strong network effect and vibrant community".

And so on.

Also, all the Proof of Work coins say that the Proof of Stake coins don't count.  So Litecoin is like: 'we are actually #2', and Doge is like: 'we are actually #3', and so on.

Its really funny.  Everyone finds a way to try and justify thinking that their favorite coin is "really the #2" behind BTC.

Not all rationale is equal though.

So what matters is whether or not your premise is correct.
If you assume POW is dead then we are #2 to ripple.
If you assume Centralization is dead then we are #1 

I think there will be plenty of market share to go around in a growing market. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

And so on.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:30:48 pm by Ander »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
Lite wallet be out this week tho right, I have hope
Revolution is inevitable.

Offline fuzzy

This is literally the only thing holding us back...bugs in the wallet.

It sucks too because that can significantly hinder marketing's message.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:24:13 pm by LRENZ »

Offline Markus

• View Profile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I think everything you've said will become clear soon, even to those just looking at the market cap number.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
Is it me, or does anyone else think that the only reason stellar was invented was so Uncle Jebsy could divest his stake in Ripple?  Something about the terms of their launch was fishy. 
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline oldman

• View Profile
The way I see it when looking at www.coinmarketcap.com

Ripple is centralized  BS, not to be touched
Litecoin is not innovative and has been dieing off for years
Dogecoin is a joke, a good one
Maidsafe might not even work
Paycoin is a scam
Stellar I don't know about
NXT is shady and a bad model
Darkcoin is overly engineered and flawed, SDC has a better method for anonymity

Bitshares solves all the problems critics love to slam on bitcoin, volatility, centralized mining, wallet addresses, etc etc

I can't wait to see what this list looks like by end of 2015 but in my mind Bitshares will remain at top with bitcoin for a very long time.

+5%

Pretty much sums it up.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
The way I see it when looking at www.coinmarketcap.com

Ripple is centralized  BS, not to be touched
Litecoin is not innovative and has been dieing off for years
Dogecoin is a joke, a good one
Maidsafe might not even work
Paycoin is a scam
Stellar I don't know about
NXT is shady and a bad model
Darkcoin is overly engineered and flawed, SDC has a better method for anonymity

Bitshares solves all the problems critics love to slam on bitcoin, volatility, centralized mining, wallet addresses, etc etc

I can't wait to see what this list looks like by end of 2015 but in my mind Bitshares will remain at top with bitcoin for a very long time.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 01:48:27 pm by LRENZ »