Author Topic: I'm Nervous, Please Reassure Me  (Read 13881 times)

Offline ak

• View Profile
Please tell me I'm wrong about all this so I don't have to sell my bitshares and give up on what seem like such an amazing concept.

I haven't heard much about marketing recently, what is the new team doing? Did Adam stop doing his "quick updates form Adam?" I suspect he is no longer working for bitshares as much, or maybe not at all. Please tell me I am wrong.

My apologies for not reporting into the forums a bit sooner. I just posted another quick update.

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
"Not only will this make you treat each moment more preciously, but you will be more patient with yourself and with others, recognizing that there are millions of moments on the path to any worthwhile achievement." - Menachem Mendel Schneerson

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Just want to say this , no matter you have good news or bad news , don't base your investment purely on news .  Buy when the time fits , sell when the time fits .  :P
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
Sometimes  I also have a little anxiety, but most of time I am full of confidence .
look at what we have achieved now , DPOS , TITAN and peg. each are great thing.  why the price is drop ,I think many people does`t  know  bts,  you can image what the price would is after many people know it .
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
Mining bitUSD isn't gonna make a big difference I think. Most large miners instantly sell their blocks OTC for fiat already, or send them to an exchange account that automatically insta-dumps. Minebitshares only makes sense for people who are actual bitshares supporters. The thing we need to market is the light wallet with shapeshift. That's really the most important thing because it has the possibility to disrupt all bitcoin spending wallets and it's finally a product that can actually be sold on its own merit rather than visions and promises.

I second this.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Marketing shouldn't want or expect engineering to be growing the marketing department.

Marketing simply wants engineering to deliver soon on needed features (UX/Lite Wallet/Stable release).  Then they'll be really happy with engineering. :)

I will point out that the work engineering has been doing for the past six months is because marketing (wisely) wouldn't let us get away with launching a campaign before the product was ready for prime time.

Since that day, engineering has been slaving away to meet marketing's high standards.

Cursed marketeers.  Nasty things.  Make you late for dinner.   

:)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
"Nice" isn't exactly the word I would have used.
(I'll avoid hyperbole, lest I be accused of hyperbole.)

But this is what I was hoping for.
Regardless of whether Music winds up spinning off its own chain eventually.

They are contributing to our volume now.
They are contributing to our network effect now.
They are contributing to our user base now.
They are contributing to our marketing hype now.

And they are getting similar benefits from us.

Synergy.
Strength greater than the sum of its parts.
That's very nice! 

Sure, but coming from the high of thinking Music will be using BitUSD for the long-term to thinking it might just be a way to get Notes trading until their blockchain is ready left me underwhelmed. I am however happy to know that the option of Music using BitUSD (whether it is through a child DAC mechanism similar to what I proposed, or simply Turing complete scripts on the BitShares blockchain, or some other mechanism) for the long-term is on the table.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
How about an invitation from engineering for marketers to join forces. Say hey, get a delegate to make videos of the team, or to write white papers, or both,  and come to Blacksburg so we can make real candid documentation and collaborate on some excellent shit

If such an invitation is necessary, consider it made.
We have such interactions with marketing every week.
I have personally offered to make videos to marketing specs.
And will buy a beer for any marketing delegate who shows up in Virginia.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
If it's its own blockchain, there will be a snapshot from NOTE UIA to the real NOTEs after the NOTE UIA is frozen. If it doesn't have its own blockchain, we'll be building whatever smart contract stuff they need into BTS directly. That is still not decided and it's not that important in the short term, this just lets people trade the snapshot.

Okay... That's nice I suppose : /

For a moment I was getting really excited about the possibility of a child DAC.

"Nice" isn't exactly the word I would have used.
(I'll avoid hyperbole, lest I be accused of hyperbole.)

But this is what I was hoping for.
Regardless of whether Music winds up spinning off its own chain eventually.

They are contributing to our volume now.
They are contributing to our network effect now.
They are contributing to our user base now.
They are contributing to our marketing hype now.

And they are getting similar benefits from us.

Synergy.
Strength greater than the sum of its parts.
That's very nice! 

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
How about an invitation from engineering for marketers to join forces. Say hey, get a delegate to make videos of the team, or to write white papers, or both,  and come to Blacksburg so we can make real candid documentation and collaborate on some excellent shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Marketing shouldn't want or expect engineering to be growing the marketing department.

Marketing simply wants engineering to deliver soon on needed features (UX/Lite Wallet/Stable release).  Then they'll be really happy with engineering. :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Who are the leaders growing in marketing?  On null street I have only seen a great wax and wane.  How about some transparency from Adam Earnest &, Lance Kasper?  They are the only marketing guys getting paid that I am aware of.  All other marketing guys volunteering time and are funneling funds back into the ecosystem but are not paid to pocket a cent.

Rgcrypto, matt608, hpenvy (got us going on many contacts, including shapeshift I think), MethodX (though he has scaled back and is using his funds to support the others efforts).
Also Rune's bizdev efforts with creating Cryptohedge.

There is work starting on funds for a professional quality video to explain bitshares/bitassets that we can point people to.

The people who have delegates are basically volunteering time and using the delegate funds to buy ads.  They havent had much time to accumulate funds yet, and some of the projects require a stable release version before they can launch.

Marketing has a strong beachhead and a clear way to grow into an AWESOME force with a multi-million dollar budget. 
Engineering has given them the tools and stepped out of the way.

Marketing's current crop of leaders have the ability to market internally to the community to get more paid slots and to grow the value of those slots. 

In that sense, they are in the same position as the engineering "department".
(Except that they are marketers and ought to be able to out-compete engineering for support.)

That way leads to the dark side. 

Offline gamey

• View Profile

The thing to realize is to not look at your investment as an even proposition.  If it works out youll be paid far more than double the current price. The odds can still be against BTS's success but still be a very sound investment....
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Who are the leaders growing in marketing?  On null street I have only seen a great wax and wane.  How about some transparency from Adam Earnest &, Lance Kasper?  They are the only marketing guys getting paid that I am aware of.  All other marketing guys volunteering time and are funneling funds back into the ecosystem but are not paid to pocket a cent.

Rgcrypto, matt608, hpenvy (got us going on many contacts, including shapeshift I think), MethodX (though he has scaled back and is using his funds to support the others efforts).

There is work starting on funds for a professional quality video to explain bitshares/bitassets that we can point people to.

The people who have delegates are basically volunteering time and using the delegate funds to buy ads.  They havent had much time to accumulate funds yet, and some of the projects require a stable release version before they can launch.

Awesome... I think we can all agree that we have sufficiently helped teenagecheese through his nervousness. :)  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ander

• View Profile

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile

If it's its own blockchain, there will be a snapshot from NOTE UIA to the real NOTEs after the NOTE UIA is frozen. If it doesn't have its own blockchain, we'll be building whatever smart contract stuff they need into BTS directly. That is still not decided and it's not that important in the short term, this just lets people trade the snapshot.

Bitassets need to be useable across chain. Or music and play may create its own.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
If people new what marketing initiatives were valued by leadership maybe more would get done

Marketing initiatives are TOTALLY valued by the core developers.
(Note that I did not say "leadership" since marketing is growing its own leaders.)

We have great confidence in the people working there.

It has allowed us to focus on other things for which we are, frankly, less incompetent.

If we were micro-managing marketing, that would be an expression of no confidence.

It should be obvious that just the opposite is true.

All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
We need usable tools, and some to succeed in real world with bitAssets. This kind of news attract many people.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

"Child dac" is an option for "whatever smart contract stuff"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
If people new what marketing initiatives were valued by leadership maybe more would get done

Marketing initiatives are TOTALLY valued by the core developers.
(Note that I did not say "leadership" since marketing is growing its own leaders.)

We have great confidence in the people working there.

It has allowed us to focus on other things for which we are, frankly, less incompetent.

If we were micro-managing marketing, that would be an expression of no confidence.

It should be obvious that just the opposite is true.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem

Offline toast

• View Profile
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
I'm excited about NOTE snapshot being made liquid exclusively on BTS.

What? How does that work? Details please.

The NOTEs will be a UIA issued to the snapshot addresses. How else could it work?

My point is what happens to the BitShares Music blockchain. Do its features get integrated into the BTS blockchain? Is the NOTE UIA on BTS temporary until the BitShares Music blockchain is ready and takes a snapshot of it? If BitShares Music remains a separate blockchain but uses NOTE as its core stake which is in the BTS blockchain, how does that connection work? More importantly what happens to NoteUSD in that case?

Offline bobmaloney

The NOTEs will be a UIA issued to the snapshot addresses. How else could it work?

Is this for the interim before the MUSIC blockchain is launched?
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline toast

• View Profile

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Mining bitUSD isn't gonna make a big difference I think. Most large miners instantly sell their blocks OTC for fiat already, or send them to an exchange account that automatically insta-dumps. Minebitshares only makes sense for people who are actual bitshares supporters. The thing we need to market is the light wallet with shapeshift. That's really the most important thing because it has the possibility to disrupt all bitcoin spending wallets and it's finally a product that can actually be sold on its own merit rather than visions and promises.

Hmm. That shapeshift thing sounds cool. What is it all about and why s it top priority?  I mean how does it disrupt these other wallets?

AFAIK valentine is actively working on getting this in the next GUI update of the full node. Nathan hourt might also be putting it in the light wallet (most important).

The reason why it's a big deal is because with shapeshift API integrated directly in the wallet, you can use your wallet just like a bitcoin wallet, except that all bitcoin you receive gets converted into bitUSD, and when you send bitcoin to someone you actually send bitUSD that is instantly converted to BTC. I believe it's going to be the first cryptocurrency smart wallet ever created.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Hmm. That shapeshift thing sounds cool. What is it all about and why s it top priority?  I mean how does it disrupt these other wallets?

Check out https://shapeshift.io/
They have added BTS recently.

It lets you convert any crypto to any other instantly (well, anything they have added, which is most of the major ones).

So "soon", we should be able to have a mobile wallet in which you have bitUSD, and then you can spend it anywhere you could spend bitcoin by shapeshifting it.

You would be guaranteed that the bitUSD maintained purchasing power, unlike bitcoin which goes up and down. 

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
Mining bitUSD isn't gonna make a big difference I think. Most large miners instantly sell their blocks OTC for fiat already, or send them to an exchange account that automatically insta-dumps.

Maybe it wont do much, but it cannot hurt, it can only provide positive benefit.

If it converts any amount of miners away from other coins then it results in buy pressure for BTS.

Even if they sell every bit of BTS or bitUSD they get, it still results in more liquidity in the bitassets as they are buying and selling them.

Minebitshares has a positive effect on helping bitshares outperform other cryptos.  Whether that effect is tiny or big remains to be seen.
Maybe you're right it won't get too much traction, but I don't think it will hurt. We have it available so we should market it. Advertise everything we got. Every small bit helps.

Agreed

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Mining bitUSD isn't gonna make a big difference I think. Most large miners instantly sell their blocks OTC for fiat already, or send them to an exchange account that automatically insta-dumps.

Maybe it wont do much, but it cannot hurt, it can only provide positive benefit.

If it converts any amount of miners away from other coins then it results in buy pressure for BTS.

Even if they sell every bit of BTS or bitUSD they get, it still results in more liquidity in the bitassets as they are buying and selling them.

Minebitshares has a positive effect on helping bitshares outperform other cryptos.  Whether that effect is tiny or big remains to be seen.

Offline toast

• View Profile

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Want marketing?support marketer's try this areahttps://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=61.0

Insert shameless plug or these guys sound goodhttps://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13837.0

We have 101 spots and I think 20 couple are 100% and most are devs......hmmmm.

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
Maybe you're right it won't get too much traction, but I don't think it will hurt. We have it available so we should market it. Advertise everything we got. Every small bit helps.

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
Actually even if it's not ready it should be marketed heavily by the marketing team with an expected launch date, but from what I heard, it's already in operation.

Looks like this weekend...

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6236.msg181670#msg181670

This is precisely the type of stuff I think we could get all the marketing delegates working on pushing together.  If they were to put their pet projects on hold for just a short period of time, have Cass make up a few awesome looking banners (which he has been known to do) we could see "mine for bitUSD" alllll over the place.  If we don't do it, I assure you you will see a competitor like Nubits doing it...and guess what, they can print money out of thin air to fund it without nubit holder approval.

Market it. Market it. Market it. We need to market any useful functions we have right now heavily. The longer it takes to get traction, less chance we have. If you look at google trends we are just about at August levels...if we go any lower that means the early adopter crowd (like us) are fading away too. http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitshares&date=today%2012-m&cmpt=q&tz=

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Ethereum is currently massively overvalued (I don't remember if it was Rune or Fuzzy's analysis that the current price value them at $400 trillions in the end...), they will suffer the same problems as we do for months. We still have the best product. There are countless business that could thrive on easily usable BitAssets : let's get them out there.

Yeah, Ethereum project was wise to not release during the crypto bear market.

Everyone still loves them as a result, because they dont have a price that is dropping.  If they had released Ether as a tradable item, it would have gotten dumped like every other crypto for the past year, and everyone in Ethereum would be depressed and begging them to hurry up the release.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Yeah, psychotherapy thread !

The premises haven't changed : we know that once the product is finished, it is the best. We know BitAssets work. This is huge. But everybody feels so bad. I guess it's the Bitcoin depression... if price was going +1% every day we would be ecstatic... and price is almost entirely dependent on Bitcoin.
I would love the BTS price to stabilize relative to the USD, and to let BTC sink alone.. Good news like shapeshift integration almost had no effect...

We have so many good news, good news like shapeshift integration almost had no effect...  and bad news aren't that we lose money, nor that our product is weak... bad news are just that we are late, and that many recurrent problems are still not addressed. And Brian's broken promises. (And Bingo). But it's nothing that really should get the price down so low.

Ethereum is currently massively overvalued (I don't remember if it was Rune or Fuzzy's analysis that the current price value them at $400 trillions in the end...), they will suffer the same problems as we do for months. We still have the best product. There are countless business that could thrive on easily usable BitAssets : let's get them out there.

I'm back to bullish tonight  :)

Ethereum is valued around $60m, not 400 trillion o.O

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
Yeah, psychotherapy thread !

The premises haven't changed : we know that once the product is finished, it is the best. We know BitAssets work. This is huge. But everybody feels so bad. I guess it's the Bitcoin depression... if price was going +1% every day we would be ecstatic... and price is almost entirely dependent on Bitcoin.
I would love the BTS price to stabilize relative to the USD, and to let BTC sink alone.. Good news like shapeshift integration almost had no effect...

We have so many good news, good news like shapeshift integration almost had no effect...  and bad news aren't that we lose money, nor that our product is weak... bad news are just that we are late, and that many recurrent problems are still not addressed. And Brian's broken promises. (And Bingo). But it's nothing that really should get the price down so low.

Ethereum is currently massively overvalued (I don't remember if it was Rune or Fuzzy's analysis that the current price value them at $400 trillions in the end... I'm unable to find that, hope it's not a figment of my imagination), they will suffer the same problems as we do for months. We still have the best product. There are countless business that could thrive on easily usable BitAssets : let's get them out there.

I'm back to bullish tonight  :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:11:02 pm by inarizushi »

Offline fuzzy

Actually even if it's not ready it should be marketed heavily by the marketing team with an expected launch date, but from what I heard, it's already in operation.

This is precisely the type of stuff I think we could get all the marketing delegates working on pushing together.  If they were to put their pet projects on hold for just a short period of time, have Cass make up a few awesome looking banners (which he has been known to do) we could see "mine for bitUSD" alllll over the place.  If we don't do it, I assure you you will see a competitor like Nubits doing it...and guess what, they can print money out of thin air to fund it without nubit holder approval. 

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Minebitshares is pretty cool.

It also has the effect of mining and selling other cryptos and buying bitshares automatically.  This essentialy pressures down every competitor crypto that we mine while raising the price of Bitshares.

And because Bitshares isn't really mineable, *none of them can do this back to us*. :)

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
I can't wait. I think this will be big (assuming it actually works as claimed).

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
We saw the development ToDo list but where is the marketing ToDo list? No comment on the affiliate program suite?

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Mining bitUSD will be talked about at 2 meetup events every month in Buenos Aires.

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
Bytemaster, I like this a lot. When is it ready? If it's already happening, is it being marketed heavily all over the internet by the marketing team?

Offline bytemaster

The new Mine BitUSD pool is going to change everything.

Assuming we make it the "most profitable" pool by the time you convert to real USD then what will happen is miners will switch in droves. 

Miners represent capital that flows INTO and then OUT OF the crypto currency space.   

The interesting thing is that even if 100% of all capital flows in and then back out we still benefit from increased liquidity and a tighter BitUSD peg due to the constant buy pressure on BitUSD. 

Now it gets even more interesting because we know that less than 100% of the capital will flow back out.  Some percentage of miners will hold their BitUSD or convert it to other assets within the BitShares ecosystem.   In all likelihood miners will keep a lot of their profits within our system.

Lastly, even if miners eventually cash out 100% of their proceeds they effectively lend our network the value of their capital for the duration of their float.   This increases the market cap. 

So what does all of this mean for BTS?   It means that there exists a price that it is worth paying to simply get all of that money flowing through our network.   A small increase in buying pressure will result in a much larger increase in price. 

I think there is some conversion ratio that represents new capital being held in BTS... as long as that conversion ratio is greater than the amount we spend to get it by a wide margin then we are good. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

TurkeyLeg

The team is very focused right now with one person dedicated to each of the following tasks:

1) Light Wallet (phone, desktop)
2) Web Wallet (hosted, browser based)
3) Full Wallet GUI (current wallet)
4) Testing
5) Integration & Release
6) Gateway
7) Partnerships and Tech Support for Exchanges

Our "New Feature List" is highly curtailed focusing only on:
1) Usability & Stability
2) Escrow
3) User Issued Asset Upgrades
4) Relative Orders & updated Market Engine

Things appear to be going slower now only because we are delaying release while we focus on testing.   
The light wallet will mature very rapidly now that the core infrastructure is in place.

Marketing is getting very organized and systematic. 

Our release process is getting refined with milestones and tasks and greater discipline on testing / integration / process.

Overall our team is maturing.

I know everybody got used to getting multiple releases per week when we first started.  But that drove exchanges and others nuts trying to keep up with our pace.

So we promised them we would do fewer, bigger releases.  That's why you're not getting that big rush, the work is still being done just as fast, but they are being released less often.

On the inside, we are very happy with all the progress people are making.  But polishing and testing don't give the same feeling of motion you get when new features are being released every few days.

This is our life's work.  It's amazing that anyone would worry that we were thinking about anything else.

Well, when BM posts about Bitshares Bingo and blogs about Nubits...

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

(Also: Bitcoin is really at this same despair point right now as well I think, so many true believers have questioned everything.  Of course, both for Bitshares or Bitcoin, it could get better or it could get worse).

Yeah this is what tempers my enthusiasm, I'm unsure/pessimistic about Bitcoin. They seem to  be on a very clear longterm downtrend and they can drag most crypto's down in $ terms with them to a certain point.

Sometimes pessimism is justified sometimes not, in Bitcoin's case I think it is. I'm hoping a lot of their issues are due primarily to volatility which BitAssets help solve.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 09:03:15 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Ander

• View Profile
PLAY is looking poised to be  a big hit, and it benefits us too due to sharedrop.

I'm really glad I'm getting some PLAY, and I also plan to buy the hell out of it the first time it has a deep pullback and everyone is bearish and in despair about it (like we are now with Bitshares). 

Because you should never buy anything at a time when buying it feels good.   You should only buy when it feels horrible and you are questioning whether the thing you are buying will even survive.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
As I see it, Bitshares - the idea and the tech - is going to be successful and will change the society. Question is whether this particular BTS which is currently trading for some 4k sat is going to be successful, and I am tending towards a no now.

We are really swimming in despair right now aren't we!  Even many of us true believers feel bearish and worried. 

Some truly good news / release of stable client and lite wallet / fulfillment of promises might really jolt the price, like what happened in August.  There are probably some despondent whales out there who got fed up with the broken promises, but will buy back in and drive it up if the promises start to be fulfilled.

(Also: Bitcoin is really at this same despair point right now as well I think, so many true believers have questioned everything.  Of course, both for Bitshares or Bitcoin, it could get better or it could get worse).

sumantso

As I see it, Bitshares - the idea and the tech - is going to be successful and will change the society. Question is whether this particular BTS which is currently trading for some 4k sat is going to be successful, and I am tending towards a no now.

You can look at it this way - we are witnessing a revolution, and we are contributing towards it. Besides, there is a good chance that newer projects which provide better marketing and usability may sharedrop on us. PLAY is looking poised to be  a big hit, and it benefits us too due to sharedrop.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
The current level of pessimism is understandable but also reassuring.

This is July 2014 all over again, you'd never seen so many pessimistic people which is why when BitAssets were finally released there was a big upside move.

Everyday I woke up thought about whether the pessimism was justified and then bought more BTSX at 0.000016

Yes this is what I am doing right now.  I keep buying BTS and feeling HORRIBLE about it!
Every time I do, I think: Why do I keep torturing myself like this!  This needs to be the last time I add more.

This is how I come to have 4x as many BTS now as when the 'merger' happened in november.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Yes, I hope this is true, and I think it might be. :) 

Offline Rune

• View Profile
1) Usability & Stability
2) Escrow

Ohhh yes!

Btw guys, ethereum will likely not even have a GUI on release. It will be go client CLI with nothing else, at least that's all they are doing bug bounty on. Getting 2.0 tech to work is hard.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
The current level of pessimism is understandable but also reassuring.

This is July 2014 all over again, you'd never seen so many pessimistic people which is why when BitAssets were finally released there was a big upside move.

Everyday I woke up thought about whether the pessimism was justified and then bought more BTSX at 0.000016

I decreased my position over the whole VOTE/Dilution/Merger thing but now have a max BTS position again. If I didn't I'd be buying more now. Writing this post has made me realise I can short BitAssets and take a leveraged position.

I will be very flexible though and respond to what competitors do in the next month or two too.

Personally I'm really excited about the blockchain based gambling & will divest when I see that.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
The team is very focused right now with one person dedicated to each of the following tasks:

4) Testing
5) Integration & Release
6) Gateway

1) Usability & Stability
2) Escrow

Things appear to be going slower now only because we are delaying release while we focus on testing.   
The light wallet will mature very rapidly now that the core infrastructure is in place.

Our release process is getting refined with milestones and tasks and greater discipline on testing / integration / process.

I know everybody got used to getting multiple releases per week when we first started.  But that drove exchanges and others nuts trying to keep up with our pace.

So we promised them we would do fewer, bigger releases.  That's why you're not getting that big rush, the work is still being done just as fast, but they are being released less often.

On the inside, we are very happy with all the progress people are making.  But polishing and testing don't give the same feeling of motion you get when new features are being released every few days.

This is our life's work.  It's amazing that anyone would worry that we were thinking about anything else.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
On a related note, I am getting nervous. I am seriously questioning the management and organization of the bitshares team. Your idea was so great, but it really seems like you are failing to execute. You need better personnel, scheduling, and task management.

I can't really give you any reassurance because so far everything you have said is correct and they have proven to be incompetent at meeting a deadline or getting a product out in time.  We are now approximately 2-3 months behind where we were initially promised this summer, we were supposed to get a release and marketing in November, lol!  That was eventually revealed to be nothing but empty promises.

I believe that many of the paid delegates are very competent, and could get viral growth going in time, but they are all currently stymied by the lack of a viable product, which they have been waiting on the dev team for. 

The main problem is that rather than getting a good idea and then executing on it full force, they just come up with another idea, and another, and split time among all of these wonderful ideas, when what we really need first is a usable product.  Some of these ideas have even been harmful, such as whatever idea Bytemaster apparently had for making VOTE be able to murder Bitshares, which then resulted in a huge dilution and breaking the hearts of the whole chinese community, especially those who had bought DNS.  This essentially killed the one thing that was going well for bitshares, which was that it was catching on in China.  The chinese marketing team (which is actually competent!) has been working hard to overcome the bitshares team shitting all over their efforts, and looks to be building momentum again, (but only if we can ever get a stable product released, and dont destroy their efforts yet again by adding gambling to the client which they have said will make all their chinese business partners flee from it).

So you should probably sell all your shares and walk away, unless you want to continue to invest in this product of idealist dreamers who have the potential to create something amazing that will change the world, but probably will never succeed because they cannot focus on priorities and they keep shooting themselves in the foot.

Paid delegates are the hope of Bitshares, because if we can ever manage to get a stable client out, then some people who are actually good at promoting things can do their magic and promote it, and get some viral growth.  And as Bitshares grows, paid delegates will attract more and more capital and businesses to ally with it for delegate positions.

I just hope it doenst die first.

(Apologies to everyone who is working hard on Bitshares, with this depressing and critical post.  I have been feeling a lot like Teenagecheese, given that its February and I dont see a lite client or release version yet.  There ARE a lot of positive things going on and we should not minimize them.  Its also been several months now since the broken promises of november and we havent seen improvement in some areas.  One begins to get skeptical that the current promises might be broken as well).

BAM! POW! KERSMACK!

Phew! I need a cigarette after that one.

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
You're right.

Its all open source: one can spin off a similar project or two.

Many would say it is as strong as the community behind it.

So, I guess, it boils down to what can I do for it.

I gave it my thousands of dollars and my thoughts and ideas as best I can. I am not in a life situation to work for bitshares, so that is all I can do.

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
Thank you for all the answers, I really appreciate the information...still a little concerned about marketing, but feeling better. I would really like better regularity on newsletters and updates. It's not just a greedy request for me, it would help investor confidence and reduce sell pressure. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is/was getting nervous.

Offline fundomatic

• View Profile
You're right.

Its all open source: one can spin off a similar project or two.

Many would say it is as strong as the community behind it.

So, I guess, it boils down to what can I do for it.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
On a related note, I am getting nervous. I am seriously questioning the management and organization of the bitshares team. Your idea was so great, but it really seems like you are failing to execute. You need better personnel, scheduling, and task management.

I can't really give you any reassurance because so far everything you have said is correct and they have proven to be incompetent at meeting a deadline or getting a product out in time.  We are now approximately 2-3 months behind where we were initially promised this summer, we were supposed to get a release and marketing in November, lol!  That was eventually revealed to be nothing but empty promises.

I believe that many of the paid delegates are very competent, and could get viral growth going in time, but they are all currently stymied by the lack of a viable product, which they have been waiting on the dev team for. 

The main problem is that rather than getting a good idea and then executing on it full force, they just come up with another idea, and another, and split time among all of these wonderful ideas, when what we really need first is a usable product.  Some of these ideas have even been harmful, such as whatever idea Bytemaster apparently had for making VOTE be able to murder Bitshares, which then resulted in a huge dilution and breaking the hearts of the whole chinese community, especially those who had bought DNS.  This essentially killed the one thing that was going well for bitshares, which was that it was catching on in China.  The chinese marketing team (which is actually competent!) has been working hard to overcome the bitshares team shitting all over their efforts, and looks to be building momentum again, (but only if we can ever get a stable product released, and dont destroy their efforts yet again by adding gambling to the client which they have said will make all their chinese business partners flee from it).

So you should probably sell all your shares and walk away, unless you want to continue to invest in this product of idealist dreamers who have the potential to create something amazing that will change the world, but probably will never succeed because they cannot focus on priorities and they keep shooting themselves in the foot.

Paid delegates are the hope of Bitshares, because if we can ever manage to get a stable client out, then some people who are actually good at promoting things can do their magic and promote it, and get some viral growth.  And as Bitshares grows, paid delegates will attract more and more capital and businesses to ally with it for delegate positions.

I just hope it doenst die first.

(Apologies to everyone who is working hard on Bitshares, with this depressing and critical post.  I have been feeling a lot like Teenagecheese, given that its February and I dont see a lite client or release version yet.  There ARE a lot of positive things going on and we should not minimize them.  Its also been several months now since the broken promises of november and we havent seen improvement in some areas.  One begins to get skeptical that the current promises might be broken as well).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 08:04:48 pm by Ander »

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Glad that approach is being taken. 
 +5%

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Please tell me I'm wrong about all this so I don't have to sell my bitshares and give up on what seem like such an amazing concept.

I haven't heard much about marketing recently, what is the new team doing? Did Adam stop doing his "quick updates form Adam?" I suspect he is no longer working for bitshares as much, or maybe not at all. Please tell me I am wrong

On a related note, I am getting nervous. I am seriously questioning the management and organization of the bitshares team. Your idea was so great, but it really seems like you are failing to execute. You need better personnel, scheduling, and task management. Stop letting this be so incredibly open source, it needs fine guidance right now. Make a list of all the things that need to be done, choose people, hire people, and then manage them and push them to get it done.And get ALL of them done, there are so many things that can be done in parallel right now, but only a few are. You developed a freakin' system that lets you get paid by the blockchain! That's incredeble, use it! Do not waste that funding advantage.

This is a battle against time, many are working to implement better/different solutions than you as fast as they can, yet here we are six months later and the wallet still barely works and we just got a website. And from what I hear the light wallet will only have minimal functionality upon release...only able to send/recieve, no market, and don't put too much money in it because it has some problems, not good. The opportunity is all but gone.

Things are being done. We're still in the best spot. I'll be glad when we have a proposal voting system. No one ever thought lightweight wallet does the market stuff. Thats half the point of it, a simplified user experience.

Everyone is working on other projects, but that doesn't mean they're working faster.

It is hard to market solutions that aren't usable outside of super nerds.  So we get better software and give it a whack.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline bytemaster

4) Testing
5) Integration & Release
6) Gateway

1) Usability & Stability
2) Escrow

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Afaik an affiliate suit is being is being created to provide affiliates with a set of tools to promote Bitshares.  It will be the first of its kind in the cryptospace.  Opportunities from local networking in Argentina are emerging.  We finally have a great website to promote.  I can't speak much about China but it sounds like things are happening there with dacx and more.  From my perspective things have reversed since I arrived in September.  Marketing is taking shape and I have confidence that we finally have a strong marketing team now.  Real marketing involves bringing the product to market rather than preaching to the choir here.  The success imo hinges on wallet usability.  The marketing is in good hands with Adam, rgcrypto, methodx's fund allocation, my progress in Argentina, bitscape and the Chinese side.  Plus we've finally got a biz-dev guy, Gentso1 and Rune's cryptohedge!  There's tons of stuff happening, it's just is all happening a few months later than we would have liked and wallet problems seem to have increased (hard to judge objectively as its working fine for some).

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
Wow that's great...seems a little too good to be true, but we'll see. I sure would like the U.S. team to be pushing as hard as the Chinese who seem to just do really good work. They have really achieved a lot. Having the bitCNY direct exchange is incredible. I guess maybe they have more motivation because of financial restrictions there?

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
China is the biggest market atm by far.

spoiler alert : BTS is gonna go viral in several months due to some major promotion effort in China , unless we do something to drag their feet . A crowd funding company already got millions of USD of VC to operate their operation on BTS . That's once in a life time opportunity for BTS .

As a matter of fact , all they want is no more surprises , a stable wallet and protocol ,  everything will work out eventually .

There are other opportunities (gambling) that need to be considered for another DAC perhaps imo and time is of the essence with our current developments but if China is happy I am happy.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 07:50:41 pm by Empirical1.2 »

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile

I haven't heard much about marketing recently, what is the new team doing? Did Adam stop doing his "quick updates form Adam?" I suspect he is no longer working for bitshares as much, or maybe not at all. Please tell me I am wrong

On a related note, I am getting nervous. I am seriously questioning the management and organization of the bitshares team. Your idea was so great, but it really seems like you are failing to execute. You need better personnel, scheduling, and task management. Stop letting this be so incredibly open source, it needs fine guidance right now. Make a list of all the things that need to be done, choose people, hire people, and then manage them and push them to get it done.And get ALL of them done, there are so many things that can be done in parallel right now, but only a few are. You developed a freakin' system that lets you get paid by the blockchain! That's incredeble, use it! Do not waste that funding advantage.

This is a battle against time, many are working to implement better/different solutions than you as fast as they can, yet here we are six months later and the wallet still barely works and we just got a website. And from what I hear the light wallet will only have minimal functionality upon release...only able to send/recieve, no market, and don't put too much money in it because it has some problems, not good. The opportunity is all but gone.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 07:38:04 pm by teenagecheese »