Author Topic: Banned Users  (Read 2147 times)

Offline testz

If a user is deleted all his data is also removed from the forum DB. So the spammer can then sign up again and do everything all over again. Banning is almost always more effective than deleting against spammers.

Nothing prevents spammer from registering again under another name.
What prevents automatic spammers is reliable captcha.

If permanently banned users are an issue of any kind (DB, forum stats) they should be deleted (or excluded from statistics at least).

They should be deleted but after some time - let's say we can delete all banned users once a week or month.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
If a user is deleted all his data is also removed from the forum DB. So the spammer can then sign up again and do everything all over again. Banning is almost always more effective than deleting against spammers.

Nothing prevents spammer from registering again under another name.
What prevents automatic spammers is reliable captcha.

If permanently banned users are an issue of any kind (DB, forum stats) they should be deleted (or excluded from statistics at least).

Offline bitsapphire

Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I would advise if you'll bann as mod a user completely eliminated, pls delete his account instead of just banning!
Then we won't bloat our forum DB with dead profiles ... and we'll get better stats also!

correct me if I am wrong…
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█