Author Topic: Developer delegate: dev-pc.bitcube  (Read 26317 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
I'm not sure what keeps people from voting... quite possibly this is because I suck at self-marketing (which may be one reason why qualified developers are very much hesitant to apply for a job in the DAC).

Anyway, I have started working on some issues to show how I want to make myself useful, to prove that I can make myself useful, and how I want to report on it: http://bts.quisquis.de/delegate/report.html
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline graffenwalder

Fair enough. You've got multiple devs backing this proposal. And any help on their side is a big plus.
You've got my vote.

Offline pc

• View Profile
Weren't you saying that delegate pay was nowhere near enough for your time? What changed?

A 100% delegate does not pay for my full time, and this hasn't changed. My proposal offers part-time work.

But for someone who has no coding skills, could you explain what you can get done in 18 hours a month? (Current market cap)

Is it enough to make a big enough of a dent in cleaning up the GitHub issues?

I really don't know how to explain. My proposal mentions the GitHub issues mostly as a workload indicator, not as an actual problem. The amount of work hiding behind a single issue can vary wildly, so it is not possible to say that I need X hours per issue. And even a single issue can be handled in qualitatively different ways - for example an issue describing a bug can be resolved by fixing the bug only, or by creating a test case for reproducing the bug, then creating the actual fix, then verifying that the fix works by re-running the test. Creating regression tests takes more time obviously, but is also more future-proof.

I think in the end the most fair way to evaluate my work will be to check a) if I provide quality work, and b) if the time I need for producing these results is adequate. Fortunately the nature of this project makes such evaluation possible for anyone (or at least for anyone with coding skills).
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Xeldal

Weren't you saying that delegate pay was nowhere near enough for your time? What changed?

1. Pricing

I can offer to work for the BitShares DAC for €55.00/hour including all expenses. (This is less than my usual rate, and more than 20% less than the average.) I will adapt the amount of work I'm doing to the exchange rate of BTS/EUR.

sumantso

Offline graffenwalder

I like this delegate proposal, and I trust your capabilities.

But for someone who has no coding skills, could you explain what you can get done in 18 hours a month? (Current market cap)

Is it enough to make a big enough of a dent in cleaning up the GitHub issues?

Offline pc

• View Profile
I listened to the mumble recording from last Friday where the below topics were discussed, too.

There is ideas bouncing around on Nullstreet about adding a Bitcoin receive address to a rebranded BitShares lightweight wallet along with support for Shapeshift and Metaexchange. Is this in your wheel house?

I think conceptionally it is pretty clear what needs to be done for this. In such a project I could achieve a high level of efficiency, because it largely consists of modular functionality that is mostly independent from what others are working on. And even if my delegate pay is not sufficient for implementing the whole thing in a short time I can (for example) provide modules for handling BTC transactions and/or communicating with a BTC API server, and leave the rest to someone else.

So yes, I think this is a good suggestion, but since I want to take load off the core devs I will select projects and coordinate priorities with them once I've been elected.

There's also a great discussion about what it would take to add a prediction market in the general thread.

This is also a very interesting project. But in my understanding this is BM's baby (or one of his many ;-) ). Also, conceptionally it seems to be in an early design stage, and this will impact a lot of core functionality. So IMO this is not a project that would be suitable for my position.

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
There is ideas bouncing around on Nullstreet about adding a Bitcoin receive address to a rebranded BitShares lightweight wallet along with support for Shapeshift and Metaexchange. Is this in your wheel house?

There's also a great discussion about what it would take to add a prediction market in the general thread.

iHashFury

dev-pc.bitcube has been added to my slate  +5%

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline jamesc

Vikram's endorcement means a lot..  Good move using a helper delegate.  I hope you make that as simple as possible, there's a lot to do .  I look forward to working with you.

Offline pc

• View Profile
Thanks (again) for the support here! :-)

First task: add the signed message stake import function from PTS? :)

I think that is a low priority item, because most AGS/PTS holders trust the BTS devs sufficiently and will not hesitate to import their keys into the BTS client (or have already done so). This feature is more useful to new DACs that are planning to sharedrop on existing coins.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Thanks for the proposal. Your willingness to help sounds genuine. However, I would like to hear from some core dev team members as far as whether your proposal helps fill their need. And I'd like to be sure this remains a synergistic and cohesive team, rather than a sum of its parts. The other dev delegate candidates so far have already proven themselves as part of this team. If you get some of the current devs to endorse you, that would mean a lot to me.

As bytemaster stated here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13988.msg181865#msg181865, the current core team is now very focused and making steady progress. However, there are still many outstanding issues that we currently do not have the resources to address.

I think Peter makes a strong proposal, and even with the currently low exchange rate, I believe we can find some relatively low-hanging fruit for him to work on which would not conflict with anyone else's work, but still provide valuable polish and improve usability. Note that some discussion is still required in order to decide on specific tasks, but once decided, he will be held accountable at the various levels--by his delegate operator, by myself and the rest of the dev team, and by all of the shareholders.

Given the above, I support and endorse this proposal.

+5%

Offline roadscape

http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline testz