Author Topic: Help get BitGold on every BTS exchange!  (Read 2202 times)

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
I was wondering why not provide them with the links to the BitGold code they need directly in the email, that way they don't have to look.
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Bter has 88 entries but <50% have >0 volume today and <20 have >1BTC volume so they're making <$1 a day in fees on >75% of their entries today.

I imagine other exchanges aren't too dissimilar and they're worried about adding duds. BitShares could consider just asking for a trial period & guaranteeing a minimum turnover and backing it up with a deposit or even just paying a small fee. Considering how little they make on so much of their entries this should be affordable and maybe seperate BitGold from the noise of all those asking to get listed on some exchanges.

i like this approach!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Bter has 88 entries but <50% have >0 volume today and <20 have >1BTC volume so they're making <$1 a day in fees on >75% of their entries today.

I imagine other exchanges aren't too dissimilar and they're worried about adding duds. BitShares could consider just asking for a trial period & guaranteeing a minimum turnover and backing it up with a deposit or even just paying a small fee. Considering how little they make on so much of their entries this should be affordable and maybe seperate BitGold from the noise of all those asking to get listed on some exchanges.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Rune

• View Profile
aren't our top 2 delegates from yunbi?

Yep, and I'm sure they will implement bitgold, bitUSD, bitsilver as soon as we start asking for it :) They currently have CNY/bitCNY but it's getting zero volume because bitCNY isn't that interesting a product when coming from fiat.

Toast said they're the best bet for bitgold so I'm optimistic!

Can we also ask them to accept BitCNY as equivalent to CNY just like btc38 does?

Anyone can offer the CNY/BitCNY market making directly on their market engine. Getting the exchange to do this kind of market making is bad, it will cost them money and they will either have to charge a spread, or get subsidized through delegate pay. It's better to just have private traders do it, though I like btc38 having the feature enabled because it's good marketing for the peg.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Yep, and I'm sure they will implement bitgold, bitUSD, bitsilver as soon as we start asking for it :) They currently have CNY/bitCNY but it's getting zero volume because bitCNY isn't that interesting a product when coming from fiat.

Can we also ask them to accept BitCNY as equivalent to CNY just like btc38 does?

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Rune

• View Profile
So I've been writing out fancy official looking business emails from rune@cryptohedge.io to the 5 exchanges that currently have BTS trading on them (the project actually started because I thought this would be the best method to push bitassets :P) . I've gotten some responses but it's going a bit slow since we at cryptohedge do not have any connections to any of these exchanges, so now I'm gonna try turning to the community for help.

Getting BitGold out there is probably the best kind of marketing we can do in the short term, since BitGold is an asset people might buy into even if they aren't interested in BTS, because people who are in crypto often love gold as well. I think we need to focus on BitGold/BTC first. It's a pair that will move a lot, and getting BTC onto an exchange is easy. It will also enable shapeshift to integrate BitGold on their service. We can get BitUSD later, then BitCNY, BitSilver, BitOil... etc. Once an exchange has implemented one BitAsset and seen high volume from it, it will be easy to get them to support more.

I'm hoping our community can come together and contact every one of these exchanges until they all implement BitGold. We want at least one exchange to trade BitGold ASAP so we can start shouting out that "now you can easily trade bitcoin for decentralized gold" and put the cryptohedge funds on there. Timing is key, so we should all pursue this with all available resources until it happens! The sooner we get it the better.

Here's a list of the 5 exchanges and the best way I could find to contact them about adding a new coin. If you know a better way to contact them that the way i found, please write it thanks :)

Poloniex:

https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

In "announcement thread" you can put the bitasset whitepaper, since there is no btt announcement for bitgold. http://docs.bitshares.org/content/
Also I wrote BITGOLD as ticker.

Bittrex:

Best i could find was: media@bittrex.com
Really weird they don't have an email or a system for adding new coins when they seem to be the most "accepting“ altcoin exchange out there.

Bter:

Bter has a voting system for new altcoins. But before we can get bitgold listed in the voting system we have to recommend it to them first: http://support.bter.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Btc38:

This isn't easy as there isn't an easy way to get in touch with english staff. I submitted a support ticket explaining bitgold and asking who to contact to get new coins listed. Haven't received a response yet.

Yunbi:

support@yunbi.com this email isn't necessarily read by someone who speaks english. If you're going to recommend them to add BitGold/BTC, you can put 比特金 (bitgold) in the title to make sure they understand that you want bitgold.