Author Topic: Introducing Keyhotee Video  (Read 59144 times)

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline megadeth92

Great ideas on keyhotee project development! Invictus rules :D
Account: jdroa92

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Thanks for the quick response bytemaster. 
It seems as if holding a copy of the Blockchain locally would be the safest bet.
I don't quite understand what you mean by proof of work, and proof of stake, but I'm guessing it has to do with my question about whether attacks would be possible with enough hashing power.  I'll dig in to it further.  I still have lots to learn. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

It seems to me the greatest weakness is the domain name dac.   If someone can send back a false ip with that rogue sites public key the rest falls apart.

Am I missing something about the blockchain?  Is that information built into the blockchain?  If so would there be attacks possible if you had enough hashing power?   Are you connecting to multiple sources to verify that data?   Wouldn't that be rather slow?

Basically I'm asking how I would know that the ip and public key I receive are accurate?   Layman's terms would be appreciated.

Because you have the blockchain locally or fetch it from someone whom you trust.   
The chain wouldn't be secured by proof of work, but by proof of stake.
IP is stored in blockchain.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
It seems to me the greatest weakness is the domain name dac.   If someone can send back a false ip with that rogue sites public key the rest falls apart.

Am I missing something about the blockchain?  Is that information built into the blockchain?  If so would there be attacks possible if you had enough hashing power?   Are you connecting to multiple sources to verify that data?   Wouldn't that be rather slow?

Basically I'm asking how I would know that the ip and public key I receive are accurate?   Layman's terms would be appreciated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline qaz0635

• View Profile

Offline Giga

• Futurist & Endless Dreamer
    • View Profile
Thnx for the video v helpful

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Offline fuckingegg

• View Profile

Offline Bitcoin3D

• Follow me: https://twitter.com/Bitcoin3D
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcoin3d
This is simply incredible. I can't wait!
Bitcoin address: 19uYMBnPFsho8HDKMedtHP4gLgjoD1q34F

Offline bytemaster

nice video ....

But it cant verify that you are talking to amzon ... it is only secured by ip address and ip's can be faked.

Maybe you should add a amazon keyhotee id which is verified during connection establishment much like ssl.

The IP address is paired with a public key in the blockchain.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Thepsis

• View Profile
nice video ....

But it cant verify that you are talking to amzon ... it is only secured by ip address and ip's can be faked.

Maybe you should add a amazon keyhotee id which is verified during connection establishment much like ssl.

Offline boshen1011

• Keyhotee ID:Bo
    • View Profile
People in China can not access YouTube, can you provide the source of vedio, so that I can upload the Vedio on native webside like Tudou.com, Thanks.

Yeah. Ask for james (暴走恭亲王), he had access to review the videos, and we plan to have Chinese version on our to-do list as planned.

Offline sitechalker

• View Profile
Daniel Larimer isn't just making some assertions re:  Keyhotee in the sense we normally think of assertions.  The beauty is in the fact that the vision Keyhotee and DAC encompasses is really only the tip of the ice-berg of what the power of the Blockchain can actually mean for the future of basic freedoms for humans now tied completely to technology.  we can be empowered again and reclaim our ownership of our own identities.  He has simply more fully understood the Blockchain's true potential scope and the implications for taking back our basic liberties through the safeguarding of our personal lives.  The current state of affairs is because our technology was steps ahead of our understanding as a society of why and how we needed to safeguard such basic things as our identities, communications, commerce and trade.  Places like Amazon - in fact ALL companies globally will of necessity almost certainly be compelled to use such a simple yet elegant means to transact the business of the future - in terms of money, trade, communication and commerce.  Does anyone honestly think (in light of the ongoing constant revelations of of NSA spying etc) and the many other infractions of Plutocrats, Oligarchs or kleptocrats, Hackers and (fill in the blank)- that the internet will be able to continue business as usual indefinitely?  A new more foolproof system will have to eventually be adopted.  This is the best choice yet and there will likely be many others based on similar ideas.  But the complexity of the blockchain (mathematically speaking for humans without the benefit of large Cray computers at their disposal) make this very likely the new method of choice.  This would be my opinion.

Offline leeyt

• View Profile
Thanks a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
People in China can not access YouTube, can you provide the source of vedio, so that I can upload the Vedio on native webside like Tudou.com, Thanks.

Will look into it.

Cool, looking forward that. I am pleasure to upload to video share websites in China.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.