Author Topic: Increase trading fee for higher yield  (Read 1974 times)

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline joele

• View Profile
I think it balances out somewhat.  Centralized exchanges have higher trade fees but don't charge for making and canceling orders.  I don't think higher fees are a good idea.

Cancelling order is only 0.1 bts, it's no big deal.

Make the bid/ask trade fee in percentage %, because right now the higher the volume makes the yield lower, but if the fee is in % , yield will increase parallel to trading volume.

A 0.01% or 0.02% fee is still the lowest rate in all exchangers but the effect to the yield is +5x compare to the current yield.

Higher yield attract more investors.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
I think it balances out somewhat.  Centralized exchanges have higher trade fees but don't charge for making and canceling orders.  I don't think higher fees are a good idea.

Offline joele

• View Profile
USD orders pay fee in USD, bid/ask overlap pays fee in USD.

BM, any plans to increase these fees for a better yield?

Offline bytemaster

USD orders pay fee in USD, bid/ask overlap pays fee in USD.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline joele

• View Profile
Centralize exchanger like Bter has 0.2% trading fee
So if I buy/sell 10k of bts, that is 20 bts fee, but in Bitshares that is only 0.1 bts fee

Why not let us offer 0.01% fee (min 0.1 bts and let's set max fee of 5 bts) only on market IA trade fee
So 10k trade is only 1 bts fee, the 100k trade is max 5 bts fee.
This way we are still the lowest and also it helps the yield grow, then more traders will hold and will take advantage of the yield benefits.

We are burning BTS in everything like new registration, delegates, transfer, trading.
Why not let the Market IA trading keep its fee and add all to the yield?
Also, fee for Market IA should NOT be in BTS
So trading with bitUSD:BTS, all fees will be bitUSD and will not burn but will add all to the yield.