Author Topic: Negative Interest Rates Talk from Banks - Canary in the Coal Mine?  (Read 1865 times)

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

I really don't know what you mean. Negative interest rates is madness. It destroys capital. You can't have capitalism without capital. You can't have capital without savings. Savers should be rewarded for under consuming.

I'm out of the USD because it's being devalued. Bitshares used to offer me interest on gold and silver, where else could I get that? Bitshares should focus of attracting savers because everything depends on savers and saving is a virtue.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
What does this negative interest mean? Where it is going to be applied.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I would not endorse negative interest rates in bitshares.  I think a very large segment of the population would have major issues with negative interest rates. 

Getting our value out of the clutches of the bail ins is a motivating factor for many of us.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:40:39 pm by puppies »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Once negative interest rates start making their way to savings accounts in major economies more people will start hoarding cash, gold and going into crypto-currencies.

This is a another good reason to invest heavily in BItcoin/basket of the top crypto-currencies. (LTC, DGC, DASH, PPC)

If BTS can address liquidity issues BitUSD and BitGold will look very favourable too, especially with a bond market/old model where you could earn some interest on them. (Especially if cash & gold start being targeted more too.)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 09:50:28 am by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline onceuponatime

All over the news today in Canada was talk of the Bank of Canada's possibility of going to a negative interest rate of -0.5%.

Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark and the European Central Bank all have dipped into this negative interest stuff not to long ago.

They are only saying it's a possibility, not saying they are doing it.

Still.. Canary in the coal mine?

Would you endorse seeing this in Bitshares?

What do you mean?

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

All over the news today in Canada was talk of the Bank of Canada's possibility of going to a negative interest rate of -0.5%.

Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark and the European Central Bank all have dipped into this negative interest stuff not to long ago.

They are only saying it's a possibility, not saying they are doing it.

Still.. Canary in the coal mine?

Would you endorse seeing this in Bitshares?

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+