Author Topic: BitGold Added To Bter- Buy Now  (Read 9610 times)

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
Good news bter has changed withdrawal to 0.0005 BITGLD which is very reasonable.
Thank you bter  :) Let's start trading BITGLD  +5%

Good news!

https://bter.com/trade/bitgld_btc

Indeed. Thanks BTER  +5%

Offline ubits

• View Profile
Good news bter has changed withdrawal to 0.0005 BITGLD which is very reasonable.

Good news!

https://bter.com/trade/bitgld_btc

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

38PTSWarrior

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Update from bter:

Code: [Select]
Bter Support (bter)
Feb 8, 10:27

Dear Sir,
It will be reported to our dev to adjust it.

Best Regards
Bter.con

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
I already contacted them, I assume they will change it soon.
Great I contacted them as well so hopefully they will  correct it today.

Still at 0.5 withdrawal fee.  I hope nobody gets burned withdrawing without checking the fee fist!
It would be great if Toast could contact them as well.  :)

Offline onceuponatime

Still at 0.5 withdrawal fee.  I hope nobody gets burned withdrawing without checking the fee fist!

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
De we know if anybody contacted Bter to inform them about this outrageous mistake?

Offline monsterer

BITGLD Withdrawal

Minimum 0.6 BITGLD, Maximum 1000 BITGLD
Fee:    0% + 0.5 BITGLD (No fee for Bter Code).

That is outrageous!!!

Is that half an ounce of gold withdrawal fee?
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline joele

• View Profile
0.5 bitGold withdrawal fee that is 2.95 BTC or $643 :D
Simply means no withdrawal at this moment.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 03:19:10 am by joele »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
BITGLD Withdrawal

That is outrageous!!!

It must be mistake. Where is the business logic?

Its a mistake.  That is the default withdrawal fee for most coins.  They didnt think about it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Rune

• View Profile
BITGLD Withdrawal

That is outrageous!!!

Don't worry it's 100% a mistake. I'm sure they will fix it when they're made aware of it.

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
BITGLD Withdrawal

That is outrageous!!!

Offline Rune

• View Profile
BITGLD Withdrawal

That is outrageous!!!

Hahaha this is hilarious. Bitgold = most expensive altcoin ever?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
BITGLD Withdrawal

That is outrageous!!!

Lol.  They need to fix that.  bitGLD is probably the only thing they've ever had on their site that is worth anywhere near what a BTC is worth, let alone worth more.  The .5 fee is probably a default that is totally fair for normal things but absurd here.

Actually I find it pretty hilarious.  $600+ free to withdraw lol. 
(I wouldnt find it funny if I had sent a bitGLD to them though). 

Offline onceuponatime

BITGLD Withdrawal

That is outrageous!!!

Offline bobmaloney

There is no reason we couldn't try to specify lowercase "bit" for the full names, while also using lowercase "b" for the monikers/abbreviations.

bGLD = Bitshares bitGOLD
bUSD = Bitshares bitUSD
bEUR = Bitshares bitEURO

Sent from the tiny wrinkles in my brain via mind bullets!

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
but all the exchanges that have added bitassets so far have called them bitXYZ not bXYZ.  Making them switch might annoy them.

Better to do it now then rather than put it off for later when it could be even more annoying.

I say stick with bitXYZ. Lets reinforce our bitGLD and bitUSD brand names.

Absolutely try use 'Bit' wherever possible if you want that to be the brand name.

The majority of companies try to build a brand and brand loyalty. All these ideas about being in a Bitcoin wallet without people knowing they're using BitShares or becoming known by 4 letter moniker everywhere instead of BitXYZ wherever possible is incorrect to me.  Brand recognition is very important.

Either we want to be BitGold or we want to be BGLD. If we want to be BitGold then we have to use it wherever possible.

Well, bter has had to call it BITGLD because they cannot support more than 6 characters. If we go by this paradigm of name = symbol, then we'll have to change bitgold to BITGLD (I think it actually used to be this way?).

The way I see it people always expect an asset name and a trading symbol, and it would actually be a brand advantage for us if our bitgold became the first bitgold to have a symbol and become more like a "real" coin/asset that people are aware of, and understand can be traded.

Bitcoin - BTC
BitShares - BTS
BitGold - BGLD
BitUSD - BUSD

and so on. I have to admit BOIL doesn't look too inviting :P Maybe there's a naming system that looks better?

Yes. I think you're right actually.

I think we should consider making standardized 4 character monikers for all bitassets.

so like BUSD, BCNY, BGLD, BOIL, BSLV. It's useful for exchanges and coinmarketcap.

I saw you mentioned coinmarketcap earlier and I thought you meant change from BitGold to BGLD under 'name' on CMC.,
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 09:57:48 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Rune

• View Profile
but all the exchanges that have added bitassets so far have called them bitXYZ not bXYZ.  Making them switch might annoy them.

Better to do it now then rather than put it off for later when it could be even more annoying.

Absolutely try use 'Bit' wherever possible if you want that to be the brand name.

The majority of companies try to build a brand and brand loyalty. All these ideas about being in a Bitcoin wallet without people knowing they're using BitShares or becoming known by 4 letter moniker everywhere instead of BitXYZ wherever possible is incorrect to me.  Brand recognition is very important.

Either we want to be BitGold or we want to be BGLD. If we want to be BitGold then we have to use it wherever possible.
[/quote

Well, bter has had to call it BITGLD because they cannot support more than 6 characters. If we go by this paradigm of name = symbol, then we'll have to change bitgold to BITGLD (I think it actually used to be this way?).

The way I see it people always expect an asset name and a trading symbol, and it would actually be a brand advantage for us if our bitgold became the first bitgold to have a symbol and become more like a "real" coin/asset that people are aware of, and understand can be traded.

Bitcoin - BTC
BitShares - BTS
BitGold - BGLD
BitUSD - BUSD

and so on. I have to admit BOIL doesn't look too inviting :P Maybe there's a naming system that looks better?

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
I am trying to get market moving so I bought 1 BitGOLD and sent it to Bter. Need advise with a price please.
 At first my price was 5.867 BTC for one BitGOLD 5.867 BTC x $ 217 = $ 1273.13 which is approx. what I paid for it BTS 125796 x 0.010134 = $1274.81.

Message  received from Bter:

Please confirm SELL order:
Price:   5.86700000
Volume:   1.000 BIT
Warning:   Your SELL price is 98.8% LOWER than the average market price, please double check it.

If anybody knows what I am doing wrong please advise. 
Aloha  :)
Edit: Or should I buy some more of CFSGOLD  :)

5.87ish is the correct price of bitgold/btc. Bter is just being weird because the current orders are so strange. The cryptohedge gold hedgebot will be ready tonight or tomorrow, and will slowly begin to populate the order book, but the more the merrier! :D
Thanks Rune  :)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I am trying to get market moving so I bought 1 BitGOLD and sent it to Bter. Need advise with a price please.
 At first my price was 5.867 BTC for one BitGOLD 5.867 BTC x $ 217 = $ 1273.13 which is approx. what I paid for it BTS 125796 x 0.010134 = $1274.81.

Message  received from Bter:

Please confirm SELL order:
Price:   5.86700000
Volume:   1.000 BIT
Warning:   Your SELL price is 98.8% LOWER than the average market price, please double check it.

If anybody knows what I am doing wrong please advise. 
Aloha  :)
Edit: Or should I buy some more of CFSGOLD  :)

5.87ish is the correct price of bitgold/btc. Bter is just being weird because the current orders are so strange. The cryptohedge gold hedgebot will be ready tonight or tomorrow, and will slowly begin to populate the order book, but the more the merrier! :D

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 09:23:49 pm by Empirical1.2 »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
bitXYZ will always be the brand names, but they are too long to be monikers. The cryptocurrency ecosystem has been shaped around 3-4 character length monikers, so you get all kinds of weird display bugs when you have names that are longer. Try to see what happens when you choose bitusd on shapeshift :P

I also think it's very likely that we will get discrepancies between exchanges with bitgold if we don't standardize it. Some will call it BITGOLD, some will call it BITGLD. So we will have to make some of them change anyway.

Good point!

Offline Rune

• View Profile

bitXYZ will always be the brand names, but they are too long to be monikers. The cryptocurrency ecosystem has been shaped around 3-4 character length monikers, so you get all kinds of weird display bugs when you have names that are longer. Try to see what happens when you choose bitusd on shapeshift :P

I also think it's very likely that we will get discrepancies between exchanges with bitgold if we don't standardize it. Some will call it BITGOLD, some will call it BITGLD. So we will have to make some of them change anyway.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline onceuponatime

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
That spread... We need 'sacrificing minority' who continuously shorts BitGold or BitSilver regardless of loss.
Or we need dramatic price increase of BTS that induce people to short BitGold.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline ubits

• View Profile
I think we should consider making standardized 4 character monikers for all bitassets.

so like BUSD, BCNY, BGLD, BOIL, BSLV. It's useful for exchanges and coinmarketcap.

+5% +5%

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Why does it have bitGLD, it's bitGOLD.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Lol that spread. :)

So do we still need to keep voting for bitGLD, or is it enabled?

Offline Rune

• View Profile
It's not yet possible to deposit bitgold :(

I'm able to deposit bitgold now!
You can see my sell order ;)

Ah, you have to go through the trading page to deposit! I couldn't figure that out.

For anyone else who wants to deposit bitgold you can go directly with this link: https://bter.com/myaccount/deposit/BITGLD

Offline spartako

• View Profile

I'm able to deposit bitgold now!
You can see my sell order ;)
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Nice. But i think they should add bitusd:bitgold market too.
It's a bit tricky to look at the spotprice and calculate how much BTC that should be.

The USD market page is dead. https://bter.com/marketlist/USD

It would be great, but unlikely though if they had a $ conversion though, so you could see how much the BTC per BitGold equalled in $ terms at the current CMC BTC-USD exchange rate.

Edit: It would be nice if they could use the full green BTS logo for BTC/BitUSD & the full gold BTS logo for BitGLD/BTC from Cass's options here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11753.msg155998#msg155998

(Same for Coinmarketcap)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 04:26:52 pm by Empirical1.2 »

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline graffenwalder

Nice. But i think they should add bitusd:bitgold market too.
It's a bit tricky to look at the spotprice and calculate how much BTC that should be.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

38PTSWarrior

I did not read toasts reply and voted 20 times or so

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
What else can you spend BTR on then?

... where's BitSILVER and BitBTC?

Just curious- bitSilver isn't listed on CMC assets - any idea!?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline Markus

• View Profile
What else can you spend BTR on then?

... where's BitSILVER and BitBTC?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Don't spend bter points on this, they're already adding it.
lol ...

awesome work, toast!

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Don't spend bter points on this, they're already adding it.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
I must of voted over 50 times already, I'm using up lots of BTR points though I don't get 10 free votes an hour I get 3.

Oh you get "1 to 10" votes an hour..
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 04:53:07 am by LRENZ »
Revolution is inevitable.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Remember to vote for it 10 time,s not just once.  You can just click 10 times in a row.

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
Cool I'll keep voting.

Funny how the top voted one is something called StabilityShares ha
Revolution is inevitable.

Offline ubits

• View Profile
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 07:38:54 pm by ubits »