Author Topic: Top UIA Holders Question  (Read 2331 times)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Cryptohedge will need this for when we do the sharedrop on CFSGOLD. Scan for every address that holds the asset ID, and then send them CFSCOIN accordingly. So I hope there will be some way to do this relatively easily, and it would be even more awesome if bitsharesblocks could just make lists of it so anyone can easily do these kind of sharedrop promotions. It could even be used for manual dividend payments - if you specify some minimum limit of UIA an address needs to hold before it can receive any dividend then it will be very efficient as long as it doesnt happen too often.

The other option for sharedropping on UIA holders is to have a bot that you can send e.g. your CFSGOLD to, which then returns a new UIA that represents CFSGOLD post sharedrop (CFSGOLD1 or something) and then CFSCOIN.

Working on this exact thing for the NOTE distribution right now

This kind of functionality seems pretty essential if the UIAs are going to be useful at all.

Yes, I need this function too. Like, "wallet_asset_distribute_dividend target_uia payee_account paid_amount paid_asset"
So if I want to sharedrop 1000 bitUSD to CLAYOP holders (clayop pays the fee), I can type "wallet_asset_distribute_dividend CLAYOP clayop 1000 USD"

Oh, having "calcluate_dividened_distribute_fees" command also seems great...
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Cryptohedge will need this for when we do the sharedrop on CFSGOLD. Scan for every address that holds the asset ID, and then send them CFSCOIN accordingly. So I hope there will be some way to do this relatively easily, and it would be even more awesome if bitsharesblocks could just make lists of it so anyone can easily do these kind of sharedrop promotions. It could even be used for manual dividend payments - if you specify some minimum limit of UIA an address needs to hold before it can receive any dividend then it will be very efficient as long as it doesnt happen too often.

The other option for sharedropping on UIA holders is to have a bot that you can send e.g. your CFSGOLD to, which then returns a new UIA that represents CFSGOLD post sharedrop (CFSGOLD1 or something) and then CFSCOIN.

This kind of functionality seems pretty essential if the UIAs are going to be useful at all.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

Thanks for the responses everyone.  :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I believe cube's point was the website you linked to only shows the lists for BTS, BitUSD, and BitCNY, and not all other BitAssets nor any UIAs (and even then it only shows the top 1000 balances and not all of them). The original question was about UIAs specifically. Now if you are answering fuzzy's question literally as in "Yes, it is possible, and here is proof of that fact" then okay. But I took fuzzy's question as "Does anyone have a resource available at the moment that can allow me browse through the list of all UIA balances grouped by UIA type and ranked in order of quantity?" in which case the answer is "not that I know of at the present".
That's the engineer in me .. I don't try to interpret what a "costumer" might want me to do. I usually expect people to precisely ask :)
my fault :)

I am not aware of any publicly available script that can do what fuzz asked for .. so you will have to parse all transactions manually .. at the moment ..
However, as of the "new" plans for UIA .. I think the core client will need some more features exposed to RPC interface which will make those things alot easier to implement (easier in terms of not having to parse all blocks)

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
sure .. if a BTS address qualifies for a "who"
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13946.msg181232#msg181232

Isn't that bts and bit assets?
The blockchain does not distinguish between any of them. ANY asset on the blockchain is essentially an ID and any balance consists of an amount/asset_id pair

I believe cube's point was the website you linked to only shows the lists for BTS, BitUSD, and BitCNY, and not all other BitAssets nor any UIAs (and even then it only shows the top 1000 balances and not all of them). The original question was about UIAs specifically. Now if you are answering fuzzy's question literally as in "Yes, it is possible, and here is proof of that fact" then okay. But I took fuzzy's question as "Does anyone have a resource available at the moment that can allow me browse through the list of all UIA balances grouped by UIA type and ranked in order of quantity?" in which case the answer is "not that I know of at the present".

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
sure .. if a BTS address qualifies for a "who"
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13946.msg181232#msg181232

Isn't that bts and bit assets?
The blockchain does not distinguish between any of them. ANY asset on the blockchain is essentially an ID and any balance consists of an amount/asset_id pair

If you think about the question:
 - Shouldn't the blockchain be able to identify how large your balance is?
 - Doesn't BitSharesMUSIC want to monetize that particular feature for "free entry to concerts for holders of bibercoin*"

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline fuzzy

Is there any way to tell who holds the most/least of a user issued asset on the blockchain?

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D