Author Topic: Account already registered: old account retrievable?  (Read 1708 times)

Offline jamesc

Make sure you done leave anything valuable in the recycle bin.

Offline Chronos

Well, I hit Create New Account and registered it, and then I noticed I could have renamed the old one. Is there any way to delete the old unregistered account from my local wallet? Thanks.

Offline Chronos

OK, thanks. Fortunately, there was no BTS lost (other than the registration fee). Should I click Create New Account, or delete something first? I've heard warnings about having two accounts in the same installation instance.

Offline vikram

Here's what I did:

1) Installed Bitshares
2) Register account on blockchain
3) Wait for blocks to sync
4) Sync crashed over and over, finally it hung (bug: if Ubuntu's lock screen kicks in, the sync hangs)
5) Deleted ~/.Bitshares folder
6) Resynced blockchain. This time it worked
7) Error: Account name already registered.

Is there any way to retrieve my account from step 2, even though I deleted the folder in step 5? I have the password I used.

Unless you copied a backup of wallet file elsewhere, the keys were deleted when you deleted ~/.bitshares folder and account cannot be recovered.

Offline Chronos

Here's what I did:

1) Installed Bitshares
2) Register account on blockchain
3) Wait for blocks to sync
4) Sync crashed over and over, finally it hung (bug: if Ubuntu's lock screen kicks in, the sync hangs)
5) Deleted ~/.Bitshares folder
6) Resynced blockchain. This time it worked
7) Error: Account name already registered.

Is there any way to retrieve my account from step 2, even though I deleted the folder in step 5? I have the password I used.