Author Topic: BitShares article on coindesk  (Read 8742 times)

Offline yellowecho

May I make a suggestion?

Being the media contact is exactly what I would like to be doing for bitshares.  Positioning and messaging is one of my strong suits and I think I would be good at it, perhaps even as good as Dan and he would be free to spend his time on tasks with more value.

I am not sure if I have Dan's star power and so Journo's may not be as excited to talk to me as they are him, but I think that would change in time.

What do you think?  Should be put on the site as the media contact and allow journo's to come straight to me?

+5%! YES you'd do a stellar job!
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
May I make a suggestion?

Being the media contact is exactly what I would like to be doing for bitshares.  Positioning and messaging is one of my strong suits and I think I would be good at it, perhaps even as good as Dan and he would be free to spend his time on tasks with more value.

I am not sure if I have Dan's star power and so Journo's may not be as excited to talk to me as they are him, but I think that would change in time.

What do you think?  Should be put on the site as the media contact and allow journo's to come straight to me?

I say yes!
yes  +5%

Definitely yes. +1

You would be great in this role.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
May I make a suggestion?

I say yes!
yes  +5%

Definitely yes. +1

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
May I make a suggestion?

I say yes!
yes  +5%

Offline onceuponatime

May I make a suggestion?

I say yes!

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
May I make a suggestion?

Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline Thom

Are you talking about 0.6.1 or 0.6.2? How is this election chosen? I'm aware TITAN is NOT an option on the light wallet, but that it is a user selectable option is news to me. I'm glad my input was heard and acted upon!
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
no mention of shapeshift ...
Or TITAN, which should be another big selling point in an article aimed at the crypto community.
AFAIK the devs are not actively selling TITAN for a good reason .. It adds complexity and smells like money laundering .. I tend to agree with them ..

Though it is a nice feature for those that want to use it .. with the new client it became even easier as people can now choose if they prefer TITAN txs or not ..

Offline joereform

no mention of shapeshift ...
Or TITAN, which should be another big selling point in an article aimed at the crypto community.

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile

“We’ve talked to everyone from Coinbase to Bitstamp to BitPay, half a dozen others, and they all want to integrate with us, it’s just a schedule priority issue,” Larimer said.

Wow holy shit, this is going to bite us in the ass so bad. Dan ALWAYS embellishes on stuff like this, he probably couldn't tell between a polite blowoff and actual interest

It's customary not to speak of the potential deals made with your partners without their direct approval .
"They all want to integrate with us" implies a solid deal , which falls into the rule stated above .
Even if that's true , it's wrong to do that without their approval .

If I am coinbase and see this kind of statement, I won't do any business with BTS even if there is potential. I won't be surprised to see Dan get sued in future because of this kind of statement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan clarified in the Mumble session today that, based upon multiple conversations with multiple potential partners, his assessment is that there is no obstacle to these deals happening except the effort required to understand what it takes and the priority each places on making it happen.  This understanding and priority will grow over time and he expects that everyone of them will eventually cross their decision threshold when the time is right.

Given the obvious number of partial misquotes that appear in that generally favorable article and the difficulty of even the greatest career politician to make a completely precise statement of fact on-the-fly in an interview, it is crazy to hold it up as an intentional misrepresentation of anything.

Those who do, do more damage to the cause than the imprecision of the original quote.

it's not about hold whom up , it's about this kind of statement could kill those potential deal if those company see that he's not good with a premature conversation that are supposed to be dealt with discreetly .

Major companies are sensitive on that front .

Incorrect quote is not the issue here , no one is perfect . But potentially damaging the potential partnerships with these company is the issue . 

It's better we realize this issue before we potentially kill something big like BTCC , OKcoin ( let's pretend if they actually would want to  go with us   , and this kind of quote would definitely kill the relationship . )

+5%  +5%   +5%    +5%

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

“We’ve talked to everyone from Coinbase to Bitstamp to BitPay, half a dozen others, and they all want to integrate with us, it’s just a schedule priority issue,” Larimer said.

Wow holy shit, this is going to bite us in the ass so bad. Dan ALWAYS embellishes on stuff like this, he probably couldn't tell between a polite blowoff and actual interest

It's customary not to speak of the potential deals made with your partners without their direct approval .
"They all want to integrate with us" implies a solid deal , which falls into the rule stated above .

If I am coinbase and see this kind of statement, I won't do any business with BTS even if there is potential. I won't be surprised to see Dan get sued in future because of this kind of statement

Dan clarified in the Mumble session today that, based upon multiple conversations with multiple potential partners, his assessment is that there is no obstacle to these deals happening except the effort required to understand what it takes and the priority each places on making it happen.  This understanding and priority will grow over time and he expects that everyone of them will eventually cross their decision threshold when the time is right.

Given the obvious number of partial misquotes that appear in that generally favorable article and the difficulty of even the greatest career politician to make a completely precise statement of fact on-the-fly in an interview, it is crazy to hold it up as an intentional misrepresentation of anything.

Those who do, do more damage to the cause than the imprecision of the original quote.

it's not about hold whom up , it's about this kind of statement could kill those potential deal if those company see that he's not good with a premature conversation that are supposed to be dealt with discreetly .

Major companies are sensitive on that front .

Incorrect quote is not the issue here , no one is perfect . But potentially damaging the potential partnerships with these company is the issue . 

It's better we realize this issue before we potentially kill something big like BTCC , OKcoin ( let's pretend if they actually would want to  go with us   , and this kind of quote would definitely kill the relationship . )
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 06:35:08 pm by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline mitao

• View Profile

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
Can someone contact them to ask them to remove that statement?
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline mitao

• View Profile

He couldn't learn his lesson obviously. Why can't anyone teach him seriously?