Author Topic: BitShares article on coindesk  (Read 8858 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
“We’ve talked to everyone from Coinbase to Bitstamp to BitPay, half a dozen others, and they all want to integrate with us, it’s just a schedule priority issue,” Larimer said.

Wow holy shit, this is going to bite us in the ass so bad. Dan ALWAYS embellishes on stuff like this, he probably couldn't tell between a polite blowoff and actual interest

It's customary not to speak of the potential deals made with your partners without their direct approval .
"They all want to integrate with us" implies a solid deal , which falls into the rule stated above .
Even if that's true , it's wrong to do that without their approval .

+5%

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
“We’ve talked to everyone from Coinbase to Bitstamp to BitPay, half a dozen others, and they all want to integrate with us, it’s just a schedule priority issue,” Larimer said.

Wow holy shit, this is going to bite us in the ass so bad. Dan ALWAYS embellishes on stuff like this, he probably couldn't tell between a polite blowoff and actual interest

It's customary not to speak of the potential deals made with your partners without their direct approval .
"They all want to integrate with us" implies a solid deal , which falls into the rule stated above .
Even if that's true , it's wrong to do that without their approval .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
.. they changed the title of the original post  to .. BitShares Rebranding Signals New Communication Strategy

Nice.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline nz

• View Profile
.. they changed the title of the original post  to .. BitShares Rebranding Signals New Communication Strategy
"There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose"

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Larimer said that the BTSX shares operate in a different way to Ripple’s native tokens, XRP, comparing them to IOUs or promises that Ripple or its competitors will deliver the value when a redemption is requested.
This is also not true. XRP is a token like BTS (risks for each is network security). What is different are gateways IOUs on Ripple and Bitassets!

Formerly operated by Invictus Innovations, the BitShares exchange is a product of BitShares X, a decentralised autonomous company (DAC) that specializes in the creation of BitAssets like BitUSD and BitCNY that are pegged to the BitShares blockchain.
Almost everything is wrong in this sentence. I3 never operated Bitshares or BitsharesX. " BitShares exchange is a product of BitShares X" is wrong for obv. reasons. "(DAC) that specializes in the creation of BitAssets" sounds like BitAssets were created / issued by the company itself. "pegged to the BitShares blockchain" is wrong for obv. reasons.

Should we contact the author?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 10:51:39 am by delulo »

Offline roadscape

I took "schedule priority issue" to be a nice way of putting "profit-incentive issue"
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Reminds me of a scene from dumb & dumber :) 'There's a chance!'

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 01:57:16 am by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline nz

• View Profile
I take Dan's comments at face value but it would be nice to have one or two of these in the bag already - or at least concrete news.

“I suspect that by the end of 2015, there’s going to be three major players, bitcoin, Ripple and us, as far as blockchain technologies,” he said.
"There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose"

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
no mention of shapeshift ... 
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Heh.  Yeah, we really shouldn't expect any big things on those fronts in the near future.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Could have been so much better .... 5/10

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

So when?  :)

I wasnt aware of this too
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Plot twist: crypto mainstream site bitshares article makes many bitshares holders realize they have no idea how it works.  So they dump. :P