Author Topic: Project Bring Back Method's Passion...  (Read 10516 times)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Interesting Thread... And interesting read.

All history.  Method is back and beating the pavement.  It worked.  End of story :D

What?

I am pretty sure is working on the project to teach people about encryption.   "Darknet"

hmm....... TITAN is not entirely dark , you know ...
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline fuzzy

All history.  Method is back and beating the pavement.  It worked.  End of story :D

What?

I am pretty sure is working on the project to teach people about encryption.   "Darknet"
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline onceuponatime

What?

Offline fuzzy

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Offline onceuponatime

Thanks for showing support everyone. The only thing that's changed is I no longer spend time on the forum, as it takes up way too much of my time. I was elected to put delegate funds toward strategic advertising funnels, which I'm continuing to do. I'll be keeping my community involvement to a minimum as my schedule is now much fuller than it was a few months ago. Fortunately, putting money into online advertising is hands off enough for me to continue doing with minimal time commitment.

So far I've been putting funds toward TorAds and the upcoming Thunderclap campaign. I've also saved up (almost) enough for a month long banner ad on coinmarketcap. As I originally intended, nullstreet has taken on a life of its own and no longer requires me to keep up the momentum. I set an example for others to follow and they have: if everyone contributes their skill set in small ways, that leads to a really big impact. Nullstreet has become a community effort.

I still love BitShares and expect it has a bright future ahead of it. I will contribute in areas my skills are strongest (i.e. copy, strategy, advertising) but as a volunteer and entrepreneur, I cannot make leading this marketing initiative my full time job. I have a company of my own to grow and focus on.

TL;DR I'm still around doing my thing, just not posting on the forums as much.

i feel the need for a new update.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
You make another very valid point here...delegate pay does not equate to much with respect to resources.  This makes it even more important for us all to work together and find the perfect balance between centralization of power and decentralization. Noone ever said this was going to be easy, but in the end if those who sacrifice for this project create a better world it is worth it.

well said!  +5% 2nd that!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fuzzy

Quote from: Empirical1.2 link=topic=14073.msg183377#msg183377
+5%

We expect him to play a bigger role in marketing but he's not getting Brian's salary, or any salary. Not getting Brian's bonuses or the hundreds of thousands that were spent on Vote. He lacks resources and incentives. He's and busy talented guy, he still seems to help out where he can, and is still doing an advertising campaign with his delegate pay  but let's look to the people Brian's funds we're spent on and Adam.

Method would just be enriching others and validating poor business decisions by allowing himself to be further exploited imo.

Basically this. I have next to no resources to do anything significant and even if I did have resources, I wouldn't have the time to commit to seeing they were spent wisely. Directing an entire marketing initiative is a full time job and I don't think some people understand this.

Understood. Glad to see more communication. It is essential.

You make another very valid point here...delegate pay does not equate to much with respect to resources.  This makes it even more important for us all to work together and find the perfect balance between centralization of power and decentralization. Noone ever said this was going to be easy, but in the end if those who sacrifice for this project create a better world it is worth it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:00:46 am by fuzzy »

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Quote from: Empirical1.2 link=topic=14073.msg183377#msg183377
+5%

We expect him to play a bigger role in marketing but he's not getting Brian's salary, or any salary. Not getting Brian's bonuses or the hundreds of thousands that were spent on Vote. He lacks resources and incentives. He's and busy talented guy, he still seems to help out where he can, and is still doing an advertising campaign with his delegate pay  but let's look to the people Brian's funds we're spent on and Adam.

Method would just be enriching others and validating poor business decisions by allowing himself to be further exploited imo.

Basically this. I have next to no resources to do anything significant and even if I did have resources, I wouldn't have the time to commit to seeing they were spent wisely. Directing an entire marketing initiative is a full time job and I don't think some people understand this.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Thanks for showing support everyone. The only thing that's changed is I no longer spend time on the forum, as it takes up way too much of my time. I was elected to put delegate funds toward strategic advertising funnels, which I'm continuing to do. I'll be keeping my community involvement to a minimum as my schedule is now much fuller than it was a few months ago. Fortunately, putting money into online advertising is hands off enough for me to continue doing with minimal time commitment.

So far I've been putting funds toward TorAds and the upcoming Thunderclap campaign. I've also saved up (almost) enough for a month long banner ad on coinmarketcap. As I originally intended, nullstreet has taken on a life of its own and no longer requires me to keep up the momentum. I set an example for others to follow and they have: if everyone contributes their skill set in small ways, that leads to a really big impact. Nullstreet has become a community effort.

I still love BitShares and expect it has a bright future ahead of it. I will contribute in areas my skills are strongest (i.e. copy, strategy, advertising) but as a volunteer and entrepreneur, I cannot make leading this marketing initiative my full time job. I have a company of my own to grow and focus on.

Thanks for the input and eliminating the speculations.  +5%

If anybody wants to show their solidarity with your efforts they can always DelegateTip you! :D Anybody wanting some free DelegateTip can go here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14109.0 . Sorry if that seems like hijacking the thread.. but its the new way to say thanks to delegates like MethodX that a lot of you seem to want to express. :)

Only if they knew his account name.

haha.. yeah that would be helpful wouldn't it! :D
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline onceuponatime

If anybody wants to show their solidarity with your efforts they can always DelegateTip you! :D Anybody wanting some free DelegateTip can go here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14109.0 . Sorry if that seems like hijacking the thread.. but its the new way to say thanks to delegates like MethodX that a lot of you seem to want to express. :)

Only if they knew his account name.

Offline yellowecho

Great news and nice to see you around again  :)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline fuzzy

Maybe it is just my military experience but i tend to really trust and sacrifice far more for those who sacrifice for something they believe in and this is even more true when the times get tough. 

I also inderstand the value of trying to uplift others when they need it...because sometimes even the most staunch wills are tested.  That is where community comes in i think.

@futz: I wonder why he reached out to the devs and not the shareholders? There is no nees to ask for permission anylonger

I am not altogether sure but i suspect it could have to do with a concern over losing the delegate.  But then again method has already openly stated that the delegate and nullstreet site would eventually be community owned and run and it seems like he is moving to keep that promise so it isnt like something he (or anyone else) wants to do will hurt nullstreet.  Even if that delegate was taken down because x kept running videos with stacey and for some very odd reason lost the nullstreet delegate because of it, there are 3 other marketing delegates in nullstreet.  That promise from method gave a great deal of respect for him in the very beginning...that is one reason i believe he is someone we dont want to lose. Anyone willing to sacrifice their own time to empower everyone else is A+ in my book.  Any of the nullstreet gang have updates on the multisig and open ownership of nullstreet?

He is not done yet kids

That is truly great news!  Thanks for this.  Any idea what has changed?  Maybe this is the key!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 01:30:02 pm by fuzzy »