Author Topic: Project Bring Back Method's Passion...  (Read 10524 times)

Offline nz

• View Profile
Chin up Method-X  :D.
Dig deep and think where we could be in a years time. We all need you here man.

"There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose"

Offline Thom

I can honestly say I am disappointed to hear of MethodX's "disenchantment" with BitShares. I thought the guy brought great passion to the project and was an inspiration to others through his leadership, moving forward on his own initiative to fill the gap that was so obvious to many in our community.

I truly hope the reason for his lack of enthusiasm is less about the project and more about things going on in his personal life.

On the other hand, if it is the result of not seeing growth and tangible progress as anticipated in the metrics he is focused on, then perhaps his metrics need adjustment.

If you are dedicated to the principles BitShares is based on it will give you the strength to persevere when short term metrics tell you to move on. It is this level of dedication we need to realize the grand goals to change the world. I hope I wasn't wrong in thinking MethodX had that deep, core level commitment to the core principles that fuels the passion that moves this project forward.

We all have choices to make, and sometimes the cost / benefit analysis of them lead us toward the benefit side and away from the costs, but following virtuous principles frequently demand long term thinking, sacrifice and tenacity. Which path will you take?
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline edilliam

I have "Black Swan" and also another of his books "Fooled by Randomness" in my roughly 5ft high "To Read" pile atm.  :D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
It's a marathon, not a dash. When you work with people, one thing you find out is who you can count on when things really matter. Adversity is a good test. Some people are finishers; others aren't. There isn't a whole lot you can do about those that aren't finishers. I hope we can continue counting on Method-X because he has brought a lot of passion and skills.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:40:46 am by donkeypong »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Read this book and your passion will come back instantly !  (just saying) :D   

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
maybe we must find the real reason's behind it and fix things...

he is not the only one with such feelings, isn't it?

so maybe something is really wrong (?)...

@Stan  we need a post from you  :)

@tonyk from you also  :P
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:29:20 am by liondani »

merockstar

It's just a down period in crypto.

A gigantic buying opportunity, not a time to lose passion.

I haven't been on here in a couple weeks because this new job has been running me into the ground with 80+ hour workweeks. What a disheartening post to come back to.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
now is not the time to loose passion in this project.

more people get projects rolling and it will increase in the future. at the moment crypto is not so popular, but i am 100% sure, we need now to lay the roads and tracks to be ready when the people starting for looking after alternatives.

so, maybe we should make a big google hanghout meeting with camera etc., because someone to know not only with written words or the sound of the voice will increase the bounding of our little group.

Offline edilliam

It can certainly often feel like a thankless task working in a decentralized environment. You don't necessarily get the same supporting feedback that you would get in a more traditional workplace with periodic reviews from your manager and coworkers beside you to support you through tough times etc. One thing we as a community seem to be very "good" at is mistrusting people, criticizing them, forcing them to prove that they are delivering etc. That's unfortunately important to protect our projects. But, for the workers it can then be easy to focus more on the negative stuff and not the positive.

I've personally always appreciated Method-X's hard work and commitment. He was one of the first to stand up and take the reigns when the original western marketing division faltered. I've watched a bubbling enthusiasm over at Nullstreet do amazing stuff and spawn multiple amazing projects. I think Method is appreciated by a lot of us in the community, I just think we are a bit crap at showing it sometimes and perhaps we need to figure out better systems of motivating each other.

Offline fuzzy

We all go through trying times in our lives.  We all hurt, we all get frustrated and angry with our situations.  We all fear "missing out" on any number of things we find important and valuable to ourselves. 

When we are in these difficult times it is easy to lose ourselves in feelings of hopelessness to what our higher selves believe is possible.  It becomes too easy at these times to lose interest in the beauty of what surrounds us in these moments...and it is the nature of our humanity that we must endure these struggles. 

Luckily, the beautiful thing about humanity is our own capability to uplift another person who has lost hope.  To extend a hand and our own hope to reaffirm the truth of the infinite possibilities of which we are capable.  And the most amazing thing about this existence is that in these instances, it not only uplifts the person who was down, but also reaffirms and empowers those reaching out in their capacity to feel the endless fulfillment of our infinite creative capacity. 

Recently I was told by one of our community's oldest friends that he was losing his passion for this project.  At first I defaulted to the past when our community had gone through difficult times due to someone in a position similar to his.  Method-X is so valuable.  And if he loses passion for any project, his presence will be missed. 

Every time we hang out, each of you teaches me in some small way to try to be a better person--and you leave me with new questions of what is possible.  You have reaffirmed for me the hope that must endure for my passion to continue burning brightly.  And with this new-found hope I propose you each extend a hand at this time to an invaluable member of the BitShares family-- Method-X.   Please lets fill his inbox with messages of appreciation for all he has done...

If he thinks he has lost his passion for this project, lets prove to him that passion cannot be lost--simply misplaced.  Let's lift some couch cushions and help him find it... 

« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 09:19:18 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D