Author Topic: Project Bring Back Method's Passion...  (Read 10515 times)

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
This was not needed

The only reason I posted this was in hopes that all the community members who saw it would reach out to him, say thank you and offer him some words of appreciation for all he's done.   Have you guys reached out? ( no need to answer...this is a question to ask yourselves

How about we offer him five more delegate positions

+5%

We expect him to play a bigger role in marketing but he's not getting Brian's salary, or any salary. Not getting Brian's bonuses or the hundreds of thousands that were spent on Vote. He lacks resources and incentives. He's and busy talented guy, he still seems to help out where he can, and is still doing an advertising campaign with his delegate pay  but let's look to the people Brian's funds we're spent on and Adam.

Method would just be enriching others and validating poor business decisions by allowing himself to be further exploited imo.

Agree - how about a thread to call the people getting angel share funds to be more transparent, hard-working and innovative.

Then let's also vote in some more delegates to fund Method because no matter how much volunteering some people do - it's still all part of a personal value equation and  Incentives Rule The World

Also FYI Method brought ideas and production to the table only to be told by devs that they didn't like his marketing angle - Stacey.  We hadn't even tried one video. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 06:13:26 pm by Carpet Ride »
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
This was not needed

The only reason I posted this was in hopes that all the community members who saw it would reach out to him, say thank you and offer him some words of appreciation for all he's done.   Have you guys reached out? ( no need to answer...this is a question to ask yourselves

+5%

We expect him to play a bigger role in marketing but he's not getting Brian's salary, or any salary. Not getting Brian's bonuses or the hundreds of thousands that were spent on Vote. He lacks resources and incentives. He's and busy talented guy, he still seems to help out where he can, and is still doing an advertising campaign with his delegate pay  but let's look to the people Brian's funds we're spent on and Adam.

Method would just be enriching others and validating poor business decisions by allowing himself to be further exploited imo.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
This was not needed

All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I will short my shit out of bitUSDs & bitEUROs if MethodX gives a  +5% on this picture!!!

Offline fuzzy

This was not needed

Anytime there is someone in your family who needs a little lift, do we walk away from them or do we let them know we are there for them? 

The only reason I posted this was in hopes that all the community members who saw it would reach out to him, say thank you and offer him some words of appreciation for all he's done.   Have you guys reached out? ( no need to answer...this is a question to ask yourselves privately )

I know what it is like to know you are working on a project you have passion for but then at times have that passion wane.  This is especially true when in the outside world you see great opportunities come knocking and then pass you by.  And even moreso when others can be so intent on spending their time writing huge posts explaining why you are not doing well enough to meet their standards with the small amount of resources at your disposal--as opposed to taking that time to lend a hand.

This wasn't meant to be an announcement to the world that Marketing was dead!  This was meant to be a call to action for all of us to reach into our hearts and connect with someone who did bust his butt for us at a time when we needed it most. 

I hope you guys consider these words...it took me a good bit of introspection to realize this myself and I still need to be reminded at times (thanks btw mira).  We should never be afraid to confront both the dark and bright sides of our humanity...and we should never be afraid to be honest with ourselves.  At first I was mad about it, but the more I sit and think, the more I realize just how valuable all of you are.  Every single one of you.  Method is one of us...and I don't want him to leave damnit!

« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:55:05 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
i'm personally thinking, if we would pay him a usual salary he would work more again! Maybe i'm wrong. But i'm getting same problems right now!
Currently i'm working 160+ h a month for approx 960€ (i'm paying 650€ rent per month).
I would love to assist more but due salary issues...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 02:41:57 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Personally I believe he has nothing he can do till the proper funnel (online wallet, light wallet) comes online and he will be better at converting the traffic from his building up of delegate funds.

This was not needed but Fuzzy is our community evangelist.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

There is a very fundamental problem when everyone puts so much importance on one person who doesn't really want to be the leader anymore. This is not the organizational structure you will want in a DAC.

If this person is actively differed to by others then this situation can become a real bottleneck. Unless they have demonstrated unique proven skills then the bottleneck needs to be routed around until it has been corrected by whatever other means. (A freeing up of time?)

I hope methodx continues to find time to work on bitshares projects. He did good work.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Is there any chance we can delete this thread and work on achieving this with private communications?

I really dont think bitshares needs even more disappointing news right now.  MethodX has done a lot for us, and I'm sure he will do more again in the future at some point, and his delegate money is going towards needed advertising campaigns.

I worry that this thread will be interpreted by the chinese community as "the western people are doing nothing" which would be innacurate.

I understand your trepidation... Personally I would not fret over what the Chinese think on this. This is just a personal plea to someone.. though they might not have done it in such a public manner the way this is. People here do things differently sometimes.

bitsharesmarket assessment seems about right. Not the right time or place for him right now with all he has on the go.. I know the feeling well... past leaving a bad taste is also understandable. Perhaps if he saw some of the more recent cool stuff going on he might get excited.. Maybe someone should create a futures on him coming back :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Being a businessman and judging a venture by its ROI is all very well. But at the end of the day, the real question is: do you believe? Do you fuckin' believe in this project or not? If you believe, then sacrifice a little. There are plenty of people working for free, or damn near free, to push the hell of of BitShares because we BELIEVE in its future.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Is there any chance we can delete this thread and work on achieving this with private communications?

I really dont think bitshares needs even more disappointing news right now.  MethodX has done a lot for us, and I'm sure he will do more again in the future at some point, and his delegate money is going towards needed advertising campaigns.

I worry that this thread will be interpreted by the chinese community as "the western people are doing nothing" which would be innacurate.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
Being a businessman and judging a venture by its ROI is all very well. But at the end of the day, the real question is: do you believe? Do you fuckin' believe in this project or not? If you believe, then sacrifice a little. There are plenty of people working for free, or damn near free, to push the hell of of BitShares because we BELIEVE in its future.

When a majority of the community was still waiting on the secret sauce marketing campaign to launch, it was Method-X that grabbed a few of us such as Gamey, Fuzzy that were contributing in the graveyard of a marketing thread. Nullstreet launched and we all slowly reached out to those we felt we would be interested in contributing. Those people in turn pulled others into the mix.  We started producing results, the marketing director stepped down and the direction of BitShares marketing was forever changed. Asking him to sacrifice a little makes my skin crawl. 

Whatever he decides to do in the future, as an investor, I thank him for all he did.   His delegate is in the hands of the voters, I'm just sharing my personal experience.

- The Boxtroll of BitShares

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini

Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Offline mint chocolate chip

The dude is a talented guy and really made some nice progress here, but the reality is Method-X is a businessman that is juggling multiple businesses each with its own time commitments. I think he initially misjudged how the time/effort commitment was going to effect his other higher priority endeavors and it was obvious he became frustrated with the sad fact that there is just virtually no readily available funds for marketing. Even a simple banner ad on coinmarketcap was going to cost him nearly his full delegate salary per month. Businessmen like Method-X can quickly figure out the ROI for their time is just not worth it. The reality is that such a small income is likely going to have a negligible impact and a marketer here has to answer to literally hundreds of shareholders, many of which have their own opinion on how best to spend the delegate's income.

This is no surprise, he has been saying as much on Nullstreet for weeks now. With this thread, his status as a hired delegate is possibly in jeopardy. I have noticed a couple members of Nullstreet have even started discussing contingency plans to possibly move the marketing discussion if need be.