Author Topic: Development and Accountability Tracking  (Read 3603 times)

Offline super3

• View Profile
Ok. Added a blog to my development queue.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
for dev blog - KISS just wordpress blog - it needs 10 min to get it work ...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I think at least a weekly update from the development lead about what is being worked on, any changes to the schedule, etc.

You should consider it the task of these updates to manage the expectations of those watching you.  Don't make promises you can't keep, just demonstrate competance and consistently deliver what you predict.

absolutly
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
You guys want better accountability and I agree with you. I want you to tell us how it should be done.
Some sort of voting software? Daily updates via Twitter? Video cameras on everyone?

The Invictus team is spread among multiple continents, so development is happening in real time 24 hours a day. This is why I think we have had some problems.   
tldr; Ideas to make community input real time to keep pace with all the cool things we are working on.

Also I'll try to be on #protoshares on freenode for my waking hours(super3). If you have immediate concerns just ping me there. I have access to the whole team so use me a resource till Brian takes over.

Back to work on the new website for me.

My opinion is each success should result in receiving reward credits. This would allow for the automated tracking of task completion. Basically upon each completed task the reward credits get released to the Keyhotee ID of the developer who completed the assigned task.

I don't think this is too difficult. You set up a board where the to-do list is displayed. Then you have the community vote up certain tasks to the top of the to-do list and those tasks should pay more in credits than the tasks which are not voted to the top. Also the tasks which a lot of people are doing should result in the difficulty level rising for those tasks which means the amount of credits should decrease as more people do the same task.

So if its bug testing for example if everyone is trying to be a bug tester then bug testing shouldn't pay as much. If it's a task no one wants to do but which is very important then it would be voted to the top and would pay the most.

In my opinion this functionality should be built into Keyhotee itself or should be one of the primary and most fundamental functions of Keyhotee. If we cannot use Keyhotee for something like this and have to resort to using blogs then why develop Keyhotee?

Since Keyhotee has Reputation, Wallets, and pseudo-anonymous communication it is perfect in my opinion to use for something like communication among developers. As far as accountability beyond that then of course you have change logs, blogs, or something similar to the planetKDE.org site.

http://planetkde.org/ is a good model for how to do a development blog.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 05:06:49 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)
I agree, blog is much more accessible and preferable for the purpose.   If that's not possible on the current page, Super3 should be able to throw together a Protoshares.Tumblr.com in about 20 minutes
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline que23

• View Profile
I think at least a weekly update from the development lead about what is being worked on, any changes to the schedule, etc.

You should consider it the task of these updates to manage the expectations of those watching you.  Don't make promises you can't keep, just demonstrate competance and consistently deliver what you predict.

Yep, we will start such a thread tomorrow.

Blog would be nicer. My concern was that developers were wasting too much time on the forum repeating things. Others could help spread news and answer questions if there was a blog.
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

Offline bytemaster

Yep, we will start such a thread tomorrow.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)

Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline bytemaster

Nice ideas, I think Twitter can be a nice tool to get more exposure , I think a dedicated forum would sufficient as well broken down like this:

Root
  -Project / Project percentage (i.e. Keyhotee 75%)
     -Task / Task percentage (i.e. Programming 50%)

Of course you could add as many childs as needed. Discussions can be made on project and task leven but everyone will see at a glimpse how far it's coming along and if they wish to dive in deeper they can. Just my 2 cents!

Would be nice, but having our developers troll the forums could be counterproductive... just saying.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Nice ideas, I think Twitter can be a nice tool to get more exposure , I think a dedicated forum would sufficient as well broken down like this:

Root
  -Project / Project percentage (i.e. Keyhotee 75%)
     -Task / Task percentage (i.e. Programming 50%)

Of course you could add as many childs as needed. Discussions can be made on project and task leven but everyone will see at a glimpse how far it's coming along and if they wish to dive in deeper they can. Just my 2 cents!
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline super3

• View Profile
You guys want better accountability and I agree with you. I want you to tell us how it should be done.
Some sort of voting software? Daily updates via Twitter? Video cameras on everyone?

The Invictus team is spread among multiple continents, so development is happening in real time 24 hours a day. This is why I think we have had some problems.   
tldr; Ideas to make community input real time to keep pace with all the cool things we are working on.

Also I'll try to be on #protoshares on freenode for my waking hours(super3). If you have immediate concerns just ping me there. I have access to the whole team so use me a resource till Brian takes over.

Back to work on the new website for me.