Author Topic: Missing allocation funds?  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline vikram

I did wallet_collect_genesis_balances but I get a "20010 insufficient_funds: insufficient funds". However I successfully imported my AGS keys just after I did it so I don't know what's happening

Please import all keys before attempting to claim them.

I am still unclear on whether you are missing funds from the original BTSX genesis snapshot or the BTS vesting snapshot.

For the BTSX genesis, I believe 1 AGS ~= 1667 BTS counting only AGS in existence on 28 Feb. 2014.
For the BTS vesting, I believe 1 AGS ~= 117 BTS vested uniformly over 2 years starting 5 Nov. 2014.

Once you transfer funds from any snapshot, the AGS keys do not control them anymore and they belong to the recipient BTS account.

What is the output of "wallet_account_vesting_balances"? You can PM me if you don't want to post it.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
Can someone clear something for me? Does the AGS allocation include the 2 year vesting period or not? Cause if I remember correctly, in the past I've imported my AGS keys and successfully unlocked the correspondent allocation. However now it seems I dont have that allocation anymore nor can I seem to unlock it. Has something changed?

I remember unlocking around 15 or 16k bts. If memory serves me right, 1 AGS = 133 BTS, I have 122 AGS which means I should get 16k bts. So far the calculations seem right because i collected something around that value in the past. Thing is, it disappeared from my history and I can't do it again, meaning I'm now missing those 16k and I want to get them back. That's what keeps me confused. Hope I was clear enough this time.

I did wallet_collect_genesis_balances but I get a "20010 insufficient_funds: insufficient funds". However I successfully imported my AGS keys just after I did it so I don't know what's happening
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:27:44 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
I am having a hard time understanding what is actually missing from your wallet that showed up before, but you can try:
  • Upgrade to latest 0.6.1 and let it fully sync
  • Do a full rescan by running "scan" command and wait for scan to finish
  • Run command "wallet_account_balance"; are balances still missing?
  • Import your original AGS/PTS keys again using "wallet_import_bitcoin" command; type "help wallet_import_bitcoin" for arguments
  • Do "wallet_collect_genesis_balances <account_name>" and "wallet_collect_vesting_balances <account_name>"

What's missing is the allocation from my AGS. I imported the PTS/AGS keys and collected the bts from them in the past but now they're missing. I will try that and report here when i can. Thanks for the help. Nice seeing no one gets left behind / ignored  :)

Offline vikram

I am having a hard time understanding what is actually missing from your wallet that showed up before, but you can try:
  • Upgrade to latest 0.6.1 and let it fully sync
  • Do a full rescan by running "scan" command and wait for scan to finish
  • Run command "wallet_account_balance"; are balances still missing?
  • Import your original AGS/PTS keys again using "wallet_import_bitcoin" command; type "help wallet_import_bitcoin" for arguments
  • Do "wallet_collect_genesis_balances <account_name>" and "wallet_collect_vesting_balances <account_name>"

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Akado

• View Profile
You don't get it all at once. Run wallet_collect_vested_balances <account_name> from the console daily if you like. The 2,000 you recieved was the amount you could collect from day 1 of the vesting to the day you did the w.ithdrawal. I'm going to guess that if you were to collect every day, you'd get about 15-20 per day (but I have no clue what your balance is, so that's just a guess off the 2,000 you mentioned and the time it's been).

Sure, that's the vesting balance during the 2 year period. However I'm talking about the stake i would get for dns/vote, etc. In a previous version I imported the keys and got a sharedrop of around 20k that I think was regarding ags and it even showed in the transaction history, however when i updated it's gone and those BTS are missing.

I think I confused it a bit, vote/dns are the ones covered in the vesting balance right? So I guess what's missing is the ags part. Which I had done in the past and collected the respective bts but now they're gone and don't appear in my transaction history. Before I updated I had a stake of around 60k and after the update i only got 40k which was the proportion of btsx i had.

btsx -> bts ratio was 1:1 right? I got that.

But now I think I'm missing the ags allocation which I previously had on my wallet. My balance was superior and it appear as a sharedrop if im not mistaken in the transaction history. My problem is these bts are now missing and the transaction doesn't appear too. I can collect the vested balance, however it seems i can't collect the ags allocation. I guess that's what's wrong. Once I import my PTS wallet shouldn't I automatically receive the respective AGS? I can import it fine but I dont get the BTS respective to the AGS I had
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:36:26 pm by Akado »

Tuck Fheman

You don't get it all at once. Run wallet_collect_vested_balances <account_name> from the console daily if you like. The 2,000 you recieved was the amount you could collect from day 1 of the vesting to the day you did the withdrawal. I'm going to guess that if you were to collect every day, you'd get about 15-20 per day (but I have no clue what your balance is, so that's just a guess off the 2,000 you mentioned and the time it's been).
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 02:54:18 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline Akado

• View Profile
anyone can help me out with this?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
I had previously collected the bts from ags and pts allocation on a previous version by importing my pts and btsx keys. now after i updated to 0.5.3 my balance isn't the same and it doesn't appear I received from the sharedrop like it used to be on the transaction list.

I used the check_sharedrop command and it gives me a list of addresses and their original balances. Then I tried to collect the vested balance but it was only of 2,000 bts when previously i received more from the ags/pts allocation.

Now am I confusing the ags/pts allocation I collected in the past with the vested balance? Are they not the same? Why am I missing bts? I mean I received 2,000 from the vested balance but previously I received around 15 20k from the allocation. Am I missing something? I had near 60k bts and now i only have around 46k. It doesn't make much sense since to collect the vested balance which takes the 2 year period, I already need the priv keys of the address which i used to obtain AGS. I'm really confused

I have backups of my pts address which i used to get ags, the old btsx address (pre-merger) and from the new BitShares (post-merger, where previously I had imported the ags and received the allocation) and also a backup from before i updated to 0.5.3 so I think i don't have much to worry about, however, I'm really confused as to way the ags/vote/dns allocation disappeared.