Author Topic: [Feedback] 100% Delegate Proposal for EZBitShares!  (Read 2909 times)

Offline ubits

• View Profile
I would vote for a EZBitshares delegate, I think the potential is huge!

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I'm just not sure who the customer base would be. Are there that many people using something like this? Who are the potential admins and who are their potential users?

The reach would be people mostly who are dealing with or are familiar with online payments, but may not be involved with crypto for it. There are millions of site owners using cpanel control panel.

Potential admins would be web hosts that are either top level or resellers. Shared and reseller offerings get bundled with lost of features, some free some paid for. They do this to try and differentiate themselves from all the other offerings out there. Try to provide more value for what people are buying.. regardless if hey are going to use it all.

EZBitShares would be another feature they could introduce and promote to their customers as an added value for their hosting.

Hope that helps clarify.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

My question to you is simple... what do you think? Any suggestions? Got your vote? Terrible trash it? Love us just the way we are?

I think this all sounds fantastic.  I particularly love the fuurther down the road parts you mentioned, but first things first.

I'm ready to send you a delegate tip as soon as you're voted in!   :)

Awesome! I would love to get DelegateTip!!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

I think it's a nice idea for presenting BitShares to another niche of users (power admins) and giving them easy deployment options. I would support your efforts here with my votes.

Is there anything analogous to this in the Bitcoin space? i.e. a wallet deployment script baked into one of these sys admin products like Cpanel?

How successful was adoption of that idea, if so?

Thanks for the feedback robrigo!!

To answer your question, no, doesn't look like anybody ever made that attempt.

Keep in mind it's not just a wallet for admins... its for their customers too. Many of them are resellers or unmanaged and their customers use their cpanel accounts themselves. So this would reach not just the admins.. but their customers as well if the admins wanted it too.

Does that help clarify?

Ahhh gotcha. Isn't it possible for a customer's web wallet to be compromised via a rogue admin that they were buying the resold software through? I guess this is no different from using a VPS that a company could possibly have back door access into.

What would be the typical use case for a customer using a resold cpanel account? Would the admin they bought it from typically have access to their box?

Also, AFAIK there is only a CLI client, no complete web wallet yet. But I think jcalfee is working on the js for a web wallet.

Is your project assuming the web wallet will be built off the bitshares-js code?

Hosting environments with cpanel are generally shared environments. Resellers and shared accounts alike are all on the same box. Typical box will have anywhere from 300 to 1000 accounts on it.

Yes.. the project assumes the development of the web-wallet at this stage. If however we find that holding up our project we might then pick that up as part of what we work on or seek out alternatives.. perhaps even link the cpanel to the clients own CLI client.

Cpanel is a starting point for most website owners with many features and pre-install scripts they often rely on for building their sites and sometimes managing them. They use it for SSL installations, email creation, and now we are introducing the bitshares wallet... first as a potential means for the admin to charge customers bitUSD..but also as a means for customers to possibly accept Bitshares/assets on their websites.

I understand there are cart solutions out there and the like.. but for a lot of site owners (these are not tech savvy folks.. and they do make the majority) they will look at what they can do in their cpanel to get something installed and stick to it. For the more savvy ones, this will also be useful for making it easier to setup customers. This might sound strange if you know about server admin, but speaking from experience, this is how the majority of folks out there go about things for themselves.

So with the rough number of cpanel servers worldwide, this would penetrate a space where millions of eyeballs turn to for their website admin.

As mentioned, cpanel would just be the start.. we will move into other control panels and can be used in vanilla installs as well.

Hope I answered the questions.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I'm just not sure who the customer base would be. Are there that many people using something like this? Who are the potential admins and who are their potential users?

Offline mira

• View Profile
My question to you is simple... what do you think? Any suggestions? Got your vote? Terrible trash it? Love us just the way we are?

I think this all sounds fantastic.  I particularly love the fuurther down the road parts you mentioned, but first things first.

I'm ready to send you a delegate tip as soon as you're voted in!   :)

Offline robrigo

I think it's a nice idea for presenting BitShares to another niche of users (power admins) and giving them easy deployment options. I would support your efforts here with my votes.

Is there anything analogous to this in the Bitcoin space? i.e. a wallet deployment script baked into one of these sys admin products like Cpanel?

Keep in mind it's not just a wallet for admins... its for their customers too. Many of them are resellers or unmanaged and their customers use their cpanel accounts themselves. So this would reach not just the admins.. but their customers as well if the admins wanted it too.

Does that help clarify?

Ahhh gotcha. Isn't it possible for a customer's web wallet to be compromised via a rogue admin that they were buying the resold software through? I guess this is no different from using a VPS that a company could possibly have back door access into.

What would be the typical use case for a customer using a resold cpanel account? Would the admin they bought it from typically have access to their box?

Also, AFAIK there is only a CLI client, no complete web wallet yet. But I think jcalfee is working on the js for a web wallet.

Is your project assuming the web wallet will be built off the bitshares-js code?

Does that help clarify?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline robrigo

Ouuuuk

45 views and not one single bit of feedback.. I must have missed something in what I was putting across here.

Is there something not clear or confusing about this project and the feedback I am looking for?

Good or bad.. feedback is feedback. I won't pull out my deathray on your or anything if its bad. Just like to get some sense of impressions.. maybe something about what I presented is not clear?

Let me know!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Good Day!!

This is an informal request for feedback on a potential delegate proposal we are working on introducing. We have not created the delegate yet, this is just really looking for your feedback to make sure this opportunity aligns well with what the community would like to see.. and of coarse vote for! :D

As many of you already know, we run an underground nuclear bunker data center.

We have been in the business of providing virtual and dedicated servers for several years now. Primarily with WHM/Cpanel management, since we are a NOC Partner with Cpanel.

During that time we developed a suite of tools called EZServerTools. These were designed to be STUPID EASY tools to enhance the performance of your Cpanel server, and gain access to easier reporting etc. It is quite literally an ON and OFF switch to install it. After that all the controls are available to you via the web interface. Some of our modules include:

EZNginx = Module that installs Nginx to Cpanel in a reverse proxy to Apache to boost performance and reduce load
EZPowerDNS = First and only module to enable use of PowerDNS, the most powerful and fastest DNS currently available you can now use in WHM/Cpanel
EZMysqlTuner = Automatically calculate the best database settings for your servers useage and continually optimize.
EZUptime = Uptime monitoring from your server that tracks your accounts and alerts you to any downtime complete with a history chart
and several others that are still in development but equally or more awesome. :)

This has been kept in closed beta while we developed it. Which is why you never heard of it till just now. :)

However, our customers have been using this suit successfully for some time. We have debugged it quite extensively and have a smooth updating process. We are ready for public beta essentially. The tool focuses on WHM/Cpanel now, but we put extensive work into making it with the ideal in mind of crossing over to other panels like Plesk and WebMin and other popular ones, not to mention vanilla servers as well. This would provide a basic web interface to install all these tools which would make it easier for administration. Not just easy though.. EZ! :D

With the public beta all these tools would be available FREE!

What we are considering is creating a 100% delegate that is dedicated to subsidizing the development of one more module, EZBitShares.

Our current plan with EZBitShares is to create a STUPID EASY installation of the web-wallet for the administrator of the server to use from his server. Within it, there will be configuration options to have the web-wallet be accessible to his end customers within Cpanel.

This will introduce their customers to BitShares, and potentially become a method for host providers to start accepting BTS or BitUSD from their customers for hosting.

Our marketing plans for the suite is to feature each module with its own website. When our EZServerTools suite is installed, people then have access to all the modules and can turn them on and off as they wish. So someone who maybe looking for an Nginx solution for his WHM/Cpanel server might install our app after finding it at the EZNginx website, and then discover the other modules, along with EZBitShares. This will likely lead to another new user in the least.

Likewise in a similar fashion there will be a site called EZBitShares.com which will also act as another funnel to bring new users to use the tool.

We are considering this in light of development updates and features we know are coming down the line to make processes smoother. If we don't see those processes happening in good time, then we may focus on building out our own wallet to simplify and reduce barriers to entry.

This work will inevitably lead to plugin development with popular billing solutions like WHMCS and Hostbillapp.

Further down the road, we want to introduce another module which would enable the server administrator to STUPID EASY install a delegate for BitShares and possibly other DACs to his server. This will require a lot more work and will be further down the road because it will mean creating a whole new repo dedicated to Red Hat Linux distro servers. Something that currently doesn't exist, but with our work, could. Again though.. FUUURTHER down the road. What I am talking about here so far is not going to happen overnight, so lets not get ahead of ourselves.

The 100% delegate would be run by the same team doing all this development to bring Bitshares into this segment of the hosting server population, which is by far the #1 hosting control panel used around the world today. It would be run from the bunker.

Just looking for feedback and your thoughts... this is NOT an offer :) .. We are just talking about a possible offer like this!

Looking forward to your replies!

Jonathan
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+