Author Topic: Forget MUSIC, we need BitFLIX  (Read 5287 times)

Offline yellowecho

Actually, I've learned a lot each time Cob or Eddie has explained something to this community. One thing I've learned is that these guys probably know a hell of a lot more about this business than we do. Let's let them do their thing and get this started. Then we can decide how it should be adjusted.

+5% From what I've read so far the approach Cob and Eddie are taking makes a lot of sense.  It seems they're taking advantage of the strengths blockchain technology can offer (speed, security, proof of consensus, low-costs, auto-pay, etc) and marrying it with the strengths a company can offer (license agreements, use protection, fast/ robust servers, etc) to create a viable yet completely different competitor to Songza, Spotify, iTunes, and the like.  I think we should wait until they release Peertracks before criticizing.. I have a feeling it's going to pretty dang cool.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline joele

• View Profile
This community, including the core dev team, was able to put up a bank on the blockchain.
And the bitshares toolkit is what was used to bootstrap bitsharesMUSIC. Yet the most conversation happening about Peertracks is outside of their sub-forum (for eg here).

The community could be massively useful in providing ideas and solutions if they would only want to engage us...

Actually, I've learned a lot each time Cob or Eddie has explained something to this community. One thing I've learned is that these guys probably know a hell of a lot more about this business than we do. Let's let them do their thing and get this started. Then we can decide how it should be adjusted.

+5%

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
This community, including the core dev team, was able to put up a bank on the blockchain.
And the bitshares toolkit is what was used to bootstrap bitsharesMUSIC. Yet the most conversation happening about Peertracks is outside of their sub-forum (for eg here).

The community could be massively useful in providing ideas and solutions if they would only want to engage us...

Offline Pheonike

They are working with labels an other organizations that don't want details coming out too soon. That was probably a major condition for being involved with project.

Offline VoR0220

I think Peertracks and Cob lack an innovative mindset and that's why they're being so hush hush about how exactly it will work. I think they have an outdated business model and I hope to show why in the coming months. :) Either way...may the best man win.

I'm not sure sure I know enough about their model to make that kind of conclusion, but I'm fully behind what they are doing. If you fork, please don't forget to drop some on the community.

Won't be forking Peertracks. Will be forking Bitshares though and I do plan on sharedropping. I'm quite fed up with the lack of transparency around the project but just based on what he has alluded (central server, royalty payments) I don't like it one bit.

Why do we need such transparency?
IMHO, updating on forum aperiodically is enough for me.
BTS has been quite transparent from the time when it was born and I don't see we benefit much from it.
Have you seen any successful company explaining to its shareholders what they are doing everyday?

Still have yet to see a true white paper. Enough said?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9360.0

Is it enough?

Not a technical paper. Doesn't explain how they plan to accomplish these goals. Sure, these all sound great on their face and I liked the paper when it first dropped. But the desire for a technical paper about HOW they plan to do this has been there and has failed to appear.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 09:20:29 am by VoR0220 »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile

I think Peertracks and Cob lack an innovative mindset and that's why they're being so hush hush about how exactly it will work. I think they have an outdated business model and I hope to show why in the coming months. :) Either way...may the best man win.

I'm not sure sure I know enough about their model to make that kind of conclusion, but I'm fully behind what they are doing. If you fork, please don't forget to drop some on the community.

Won't be forking Peertracks. Will be forking Bitshares though and I do plan on sharedropping. I'm quite fed up with the lack of transparency around the project but just based on what he has alluded (central server, royalty payments) I don't like it one bit.

BTS has been quite transparent from the time when it was born and I don't see we benefit much from it.
Have you seen any successful company explaining to its shareholders what they are doing everyday?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9360.0

Is it enough?

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

Offline VoR0220

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile

Offline VoR0220

I would be interested to see in what you come up with when you are ready, as i am sure others would as well. 

I think from what we know of peertracks it could turn out to be a good thing, but i agree with you on the transparency front.  The last newsletter with the crap about oh google and apple will copy us just made me roll my eyes.  Nobody realizes just how slow big companies, even innovative ones, move.  Unless they have been planning something similar for a very long time it wont be coming out anytime soon.  I also cant see them getting into  uncharted territory with cryptocurrency and concepts such as token buy backs that skirt selling stakes in a individual or company type laws without startups testing the waters and marketplace first.

eg-fucking-xactly!

jaran

I would be interested to see in what you come up with when you are ready, as i am sure others would as well. 

I think from what we know of peertracks it could turn out to be a good thing, but i agree with you on the transparency front.  The last newsletter with the crap about oh google and apple will copy us just made me roll my eyes.  Nobody realizes just how slow big companies, even innovative ones, move.  Unless they have been planning something similar for a very long time it wont be coming out anytime soon.  I also cant see them getting into  uncharted territory with cryptocurrency and concepts such as token buy backs that skirt selling stakes in a individual or company type laws without startups testing the waters and marketplace first.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
They seem to want to pick up market share first and go from there. We'll see how it goes.

Offline VoR0220

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline VoR0220

Peertracks may be set up pretty well for this. Someone would just need to do the same thing for videos that it's doing for music files.

ha!

Exactly.  That's the beauty of the BitShares protocol.  In fact, if Peertracks proves successful then they could launch Peerflicks using the same model.  BitShares is going to blow minds in 2015.