Author Topic: giving up TITAN will make it easier to develop the client?  (Read 4449 times)

Offline joele

• View Profile
It's a feature that every cryptocoins want, now Bitshares has it why remove.
For general users a short name compare to long 36 chars is way better, beside general users don't care what is happening in technical inside, they just care the ease of use.
I think he is just talking about making account names in the transactions visible for everyone, not getting rid of the names.
Opps, yeah, my bad.

Offline JA

• View Profile
For general users a short name compare to long 36 chars is way better, beside general users don't care what is happening in technical inside, they just care the ease of use.
I think he is just talking about making account names in the transactions visible for everyone, not getting rid of the names.

Offline joele

• View Profile

Offline JA

• View Profile
IIRC titan will be optional in future releases .. you will be able to define for yourself if you want to receive titan transactions
Yea that sounds a lot better than just removing it.
The client will get better and the lightwallet is already on the way.
I personally want to use it and hopefully the transactions will get fully untracable in the future.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
IIRC titan will be optional in future releases .. you will be able to define for yourself if you want to receive titan transactions

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
TITAN is useless for me, and maybe for most of the  users. and It seems costs much in dev resource.
Infact I do not want to use TITAN, I just want to find my credit on the blockchain explorer without logging to the wallet client. It is hard and slow to open the client. And it almost can not be accomplished by many people with a normal computer.(I can not use the wallet until I increased the RAM from 4gb to 6gb, and installed a 64 bit system)
there is only several new users everyday now. if this keep to remain the situation, BTS will fail for sure. we should concentrate.  there is a vote in playtalk. though there is little votes, but all choose to not use TITAN. how do you think?

https://playtalk.org/index.php?topic=92.0
https://playtalk.org/index.php?topic=94.0