Author Topic: Bitshares African Initiative Part 2: Phase One  (Read 4234 times)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Using bitshares delegates is generally a terrible way to jumpstart a for-profit business. Voters are pretty good at determining whether a delegate is honest or not, but its extremely difficult to determine the expected return of a private startup and what kind of benefit it will give to bitshares. Bitshares stakeholders are not venture capitalists. If we go down this road we might end up with a system where the businesses that are unprofitable and thus cannot raise private capital on their own, but are good at politics and campaigning gets subsidized and run at a loss, paid for by bitshares stakeholders. It results in a less efficient system.

Delegates should be for public goods to the bitshares blockchain that cannot use another business model without seeing a serious reduction in their direct benefit to the blockchain, such as core development, open source development, and bitasset marketing. It's also fair that flagship businesses that have been long time members of the community and have made big contributions (before they ever campaigned for delegates), such as DACX and tradeBTS get subsidized. Similarly subsidizing metaexchange is fine since they are making their entire platform opensource (and cryptohedge is probably going to copy it, among others)

But if you want to raise money for your business as a newcomer, then you should make a UIA and raise funds from investors who are willing to take the risk of betting on your business model. It's not fair to socialize this risk and the cost of funding the business to all bitshares investors.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
Welcome BrotherG!
            I am glad to hear your plan , and you are new bee for this forum.so I think you maybe first do some work make everybody  similar with you ,.
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline BrotherG

• View Profile
We would be looking for another Bitshares genius to help run the delegate. Our planning is high but tech ability low :(.  This would not be permanent, only just to jump start us and enable us to do the massive promo to push the agenda. Then we would turn the resources back over to another worthy Bitshares startup.

Offline mira

• View Profile
Welcome BrotherG!  I'm very glad to be introduced to you and your work, and it would be exciting to see the synergy with bitshares you are describing. 

I would suggest that you edit your opening post with a link to Part 1 of your initiative (and vice versa, and so on with additional parts of your initiative) so that it is more easily accessible to those that may have missed it.  With the high volume of posts in this forum it's easy for an earlier one to fall out of view rather quickly.

Would you be maintaining the delegates yourself, or partnering with someone to run the technical end?

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
"If you fail to plan you plan to fail" so it's nice to know that you have a plan and an exciting one at that.

Offline BrotherG

• View Profile
Yeah that's the plan man. Byte master said getting a delegate position is good way to jumpstart a business. What better business than one with Bitshares at its core?  Ohhh yeah!!

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I wish you best of success with this project. It sounds awesome and I'm going to try one of your other books from the Amazon reviews. I didn't quite understand the delegate connection, though. Are you running a delegate campaign on this basis?

Offline BrotherG

• View Profile
Bitshares African Initiative Part 2: Phase One

Thank you all for the warm welcome you gave me yesterday. As I indicated before, I am an animation producer with a company based in the Bahamas, in partnership with Jeffrey Poitier (nephew of legendary Sir Sidney Poitier!) called African Legends Animation Ltd. It is a new company, and, like so many startups, we are gathering funding. In order to stay as independent as possible we have decided to partner with Bitshares  to seek some delegate positions to help create  an innovative platform for funding, economics and incentive based upon this great DAC. We think we have come up with a way for Bitshares to get the equivalent of millions in promotion for comparatively little cost.  We are asking for the Bitshares community to vote us in for 2 full paid delegates to get this done. After phase two is implemented it would go down to 1 delegate, with the intention of not needing the paid delegate at all as soon as possible.

Just to point out an example from history: There was once a show called Soul Train that could not get advertisers due to racism. They were approached by a small hair care business called Johnson Products who needed a way to reach their audience. So Johnson Products bought airtime and in a few years went from $12 million in revenue to $40 million (worth $114 million in today's money) in a few years. Everyone needs an edge in a new venture. A way to gain a foothold. I think that working together African Legends Animation Ltd and Bitshares can get to our goals, be each others edge.  And we propose do it via these elements in phase one:

Indigogo crowdfunding (funding goal $300,000)
Blockchain tokens called BitNubs (as in Nubian)
A Bitusd educational fund give way
A promotional tour of comic/scifi conventions and African festivals
A book series I wrote as source material

http://www.amazon.com/Princess-Nefertari-Protectress-Nile-Saga/dp/1500325740

The animated project:
The Princess Nefertari Animated Adventure Series
The first animated adventure supported, funded and sold via blockchain technology!

Indigogo donor prizes:
-
A Princess Nefertari Quest For Kemet ebook
-
 $100 dollar or more donation will get a Princess Nefertari signed copy. Multiples of $100 will get multiple signed copies.
-
BitNubs equal to half the amount of the US currency value of their gift. ($50 = 25 BitNubs)
Princess Nefertari BitNubs will be exchanged for:
Half off on any rental/sales of Princess Nefertari Quest For Kemet upon completion
Digital copy of Nefertari's Quest For Kemet ebook novella
Discounts on Nefertari merchandise
The Princess Nefertari BitNubs will be fungible digital collectibles for sale in Bitusd.
-
The blockchain tracked BitNubs make the owners eligible to win the $20,000 Princess Nefertari Bitusd College Quest prize ($5000 immediately and $15,000 in an interest bearing Bitusd account to be released when the young person goes to college.)

A Princess Nefertari Quest for College facebook page will be the place for ongoing promotions and will be the place where those who hold the Princess Nefetari BitNubs can claim their prizes. They just need to upload a photo of themselves holding up a phone or tablet showing their BitNubs.

------------
Video idea:
Create a video of two young teens talking about the contest and downloading the Bitshares wallet to receive their BitNubs. They end by showing their BitNubs on their phones to the camera declaring their hope of winning. At one point in the video the two kids talk about banks paying interest on deposits and one kid shouts out asking the unseen mother in the other room if banks still give you money for keeping your cash. The parent shouts back “not anymore dear...and with all the late charges and other fees we end up paying them!” Then one of the kids declares as the other kid downloads the Bitshares wallet “Not with Bitshares! That's why my parents put my college funds in Bitshares Bitusd! The wallets downloaded!”
Then the kid shouts to the of camera mom:
 “OK send us our Princess Nefertari BitNubs, mom!”
As the kids hold up their phones to the camera showing their BitNubs they say:
“Ask your parents to donate now to help produce the Princess Nefertari animated movie! They'll get BitNubs, and when they give you some you could win a $20,000 Bitusd college fund!”

-----------
Timeline/logistics:

April – website and promotional video completed and uploaded to facebook

May –
Promote at East Coast Black Age Of Comics festival May 15-16
Promote at Brooklyn Academy of Music Dance Africa Festival May 22-25

June –
Promote at African American Festival Baltimore MD June 21-22

July -
Promote at African Street Festival New York July 4 weekend
Promote at San Diego Comicon July 8-12
Begin Indigogo Fundraising July 17
Promote at Harlem Book Fair July 18

August –
Promote at Enter a float in the Bud Billiken Parade August 8 (second largest parade in the United States located on South Side of Chicago and viewed by millions http://www.budbillikenparade.org/from-the-white-house)
Promote at African World Festival Detroit August 14-16

September –
Promote at African Festival of the Arts Chicago Labor Day Weekend August 29-Sept 1
End Indigogo Fundraiser Sept 7

Sept 8 2015 start production with a goal of summer 2016 debut of 20-40 minutes pilot depending on funding

--------------------

Our current stars who are fans of my work and have agreed to work as talent for the Princess Nefertari animation:

T'Keyah Crystal Keymáh
as the voice of Princess Nefertari

http://tkeyah.com/

Damion Poitier (Jeffrey's cousin who played Thanos in the Avengers movie!)

as the voice of Prince Keshef

https://www.google.com/search?q=damion+poitier&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS605US624&oq=damion&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.5279j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Jeffrey Poitier
as the voice of Prince Ahmesh

http://repeatingislands.com/2009/04/26/film-jeffrey-poitiers-voices/

Bitshares African Initiative Part 3: Phase Two – International Outreach and Interest Share Crowdfunding Idea!

Coming tomorrow...