Author Topic: The surveys we are receiving  (Read 1537 times)

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
While it is a good idea to keep questionnaires sent to a wider audience to a minimum to ensure greater number of responses.

I am sure that the community would be very willing to answer a lot more questions at a time.

If many more questions need answering, if links to such were posted on the forum I am sure there would still be good responses to questionnaires that take more time.

I don't quite understand what you are hoping for here. The forum allows anybody to start a threat and share their thoughts.. we all know that the devs are active here and will get your feedback without prompting for it through a survey or questionnaire.

The forum encourages others as well, sometimes giving insight into things they otherwise wouldn't get from a form fill and submit to the survey.

If there is some burning question you have in mind that you really like to give your input to bitshares on.. why not here?

Surveys are very valuable from a scientific perspective.  They can give us specific datapoints that we can then use to construct statistically significant macro-level representations of the nature of a thing/event/circumstance is perceived. 

Surveys, if done well are very good tools. 

I'm not saying we shouldn't have forum posts but it is really hard to achieve what surveys can achieve using only forum threads. Hope this helps.
Yes, what Fuzzy said.
Forums are open ended. I am sure they have many more questions they would like to have answered. But there is always a compromise between trying to get too much data and not having people answer.
I am just saying I would be happy to answer more questions and I am sure many others on the forum are too.

Offline fuzzy

While it is a good idea to keep questionnaires sent to a wider audience to a minimum to ensure greater number of responses.

I am sure that the community would be very willing to answer a lot more questions at a time.

If many more questions need answering, if links to such were posted on the forum I am sure there would still be good responses to questionnaires that take more time.

I don't quite understand what you are hoping for here. The forum allows anybody to start a threat and share their thoughts.. we all know that the devs are active here and will get your feedback without prompting for it through a survey or questionnaire.

The forum encourages others as well, sometimes giving insight into things they otherwise wouldn't get from a form fill and submit to the survey.

If there is some burning question you have in mind that you really like to give your input to bitshares on.. why not here?

Surveys are very valuable from a scientific perspective.  They can give us specific datapoints that we can then use to construct statistically significant macro-level representations of the nature of a thing/event/circumstance is perceived. 

Surveys, if done well are very good tools. 

I'm not saying we shouldn't have forum posts but it is really hard to achieve what surveys can achieve using only forum threads. Hope this helps.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans