Author Topic: BitShares 0.6.1 Feedback  (Read 11730 times)

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Account balance in Dashboard disappeared, but I can see it in console and exchange.
 It happened before, but normally returns back after 3/4 logins. Probably will return again  :)
try right click -> refresh
Thanks it works  :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Account balance in Dashboard disappeared, but I can see it in console and exchange.
 It happened before, but normally returns back after 3/4 logins. Probably will return again  :)
try right click -> refresh

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Here's my experience with it so far:
1. Lags too much. On a VM with 1300MB RAM, running only xfce and BitShares, it'll start swapping.

2. No possibility of deleting accounts (unregistered ones - I understand the limitation/possible impossibility of removing blockchain registered accounts) - hide it under 3 red popups if you must, but please add it!3. Takes too long to start-- without any visual feedback (meanwhile, the log is getting spammed like mad).4. Logs way too much, if there is an option from the gui to minimize logging, I missed it.Other than that, it's been working fine for me so far.
Sorry about formatting, don't know what's wrong, it's mangling spacing between lines..
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 12:22:24 pm by karnal »

Offline Overthetop

I find some bugs in the 0.6.0/ 0.6.1 wallet:

1. the balance of one account in my wallet is wrong,and several transactions were missing in the transaction history list .
 2. the pending short usd order is missing ,so I can not cancel the order. (I still can find the order in the short order list)

Those issues were showing up after I restored the wallet  because the wallet become unable to unlock.( I rescaned the wallet twice after resyncing the block data)

How should I do?

thanks.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 02:04:24 pm by Overthetop »
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
No dialog opened after clicking the Vote button. Didn't recognize any error messages but will check for that again.
Edit: Checked for error messages: If I click "vote" there is no error popping up. But at the right top there is an error message that gets shown to me when I click on the bell, it says: "JSON Parse error: Property name must be a string literal." And it are 2580 errors (same error I guess). Clicking on "show details" doesn't work (noting happens when I click on "more details") .

One minor thing: If I am in the delegates section (see all the delegates) and then click on a delegate and then click on the "back" button at the left top, it brings me back to the general delegate section (to the top of the active delegates) and not to where I have been (not to where I scrolled to; i have to scroll again; and not to the standby delegates section if I was there before clicking on the one delegate).

Delulo, I'm still having hard time replicating this. What is your wallet version - 6.1? Do you see any account's balances and transactions?
Version is 0.6.1. I can see all balances and all transactions. Although this morning I had to restart my VM because no tx and only one account showed up in the client (this though is another issue because the problem with the vote button exists when I see all tx and balances correctly). Maybe you can ask toast. He seemed to have a clue what this was about.

Offline valzav

• View Profile
No dialog opened after clicking the Vote button. Didn't recognize any error messages but will check for that again.
Edit: Checked for error messages: If I click "vote" there is no error popping up. But at the right top there is an error message that gets shown to me when I click on the bell, it says: "JSON Parse error: Property name must be a string literal." And it are 2580 errors (same error I guess). Clicking on "show details" doesn't work (noting happens when I click on "more details") .

One minor thing: If I am in the delegates section (see all the delegates) and then click on a delegate and then click on the "back" button at the left top, it brings me back to the general delegate section (to the top of the active delegates) and not to where I have been (not to where I scrolled to; i have to scroll again; and not to the standby delegates section if I was there before clicking on the one delegate).

Delulo, I'm still having hard time replicating this. What is your wallet version - 6.1? Do you see any account's balances and transactions?

Offline valzav

• View Profile
One small but nasty glitch:
Drop down list of assets to transfer only has 10 entries. As USD is so far down the alphabet I can't transfer BitUSD using the GUI.

This will be fixed in the next release.

Offline Markus

• View Profile
One small but nasty glitch:
Drop down list of assets to transfer only has 10 entries. As USD is so far down the alphabet I can't transfer BitUSD using the GUI.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
The vote button doesn't work (also didn't in prior versions for me). In order to vote I manually have to send myself all my stake...

Overall: It is more fluent and quite an improvement! :)

Could you elaborate more how the vote button doesn't work for you? What happens when you press it? Normally Vote Confirmation dialog should appear and after you confirm it should send all your account's stake to yourself.
Ok. I have version 061 (on Ubuntu). I change a few votes in the delegate section. Then I go to my account and to the Vote section. There I click the Vote button. Nothing happens (no balance sent, no balance received). I did make sure that I am synced. This has been the case with that latest 0.4.x version too (skipped the 0.5 version). Voting works by manually transferring my balance to myself.

Hmm.. strange - I cannot replicate this issue. Does the confirmation dialog appear after you press the Vote button? Do you see any errors in the upper-right corner under bell icon?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 03:27:34 pm by delulo »

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
I'm on OSX, 4 Giga RAM, flash hard drive. It works quite well, even if it looks very very buggy : most of the time my second account doesn't appear, the transactions take much time to appear even after the blocks have synced.

Globally the wallet is way way better, it does what it is supposed to do, but the user experience remains quite bad, IMO.

There are many annoying things. If your short is fractioned in 10 different transactions, you'll have to cover each of them manually, paying a fee for each (probably not only a GUI problem, but that's very frustrating).

When one asks for a price by clicking on it, a slightly higher price is selected. That is psychologically very hard to swallow, even if the amount is negligible. You clicked on a price, you want to select THAT price, not a higher one.

So you change the price to what the sell order is... but, of course, you probably have some unappearing decimals so the buy doesn't happen. Quite unnerving !

Then, you ask for 1000, and you get 999.999. When you autoshort to yourself, you find yourself with a 0.001 short that someone will have to buy and pay the fee... and then you have to cover that 0.001 and pay the fee again. Argh. Obviously, fees are negligible, but psychologically, it is not, it feels like a hassle.

On my Mac, scrolling down is not sleek. It stops, to make the orders defile.

Clicking on a button doesn't exactly feel like it should feel, for example the "confirming" action after putting an order appears somewhere often out of the visual field. Maybe a pop-up would be better ?

Maybe we also need a confirming for cancelling actions ?

Good luck guys ! We have the best product, as soon as we have the perfect UI, traders will flock !
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline valzav

• View Profile
The vote button doesn't work (also didn't in prior versions for me). In order to vote I manually have to send myself all my stake...

Could you elaborate more how the vote button doesn't work for you? What happens when you press it? Normally Vote Confirmation dialog should appear and after you confirm it should send all your account's stake to yourself.
Ok. I have version 061 (on Ubuntu). I change a few votes in the delegate section. Then I go to my account and to the Vote section. There I click the Vote button. Nothing happens (no balance sent, no balance received). I did make sure that I am synced. This has been the case with that latest 0.4.x version too (skipped the 0.5 version). Voting works by manually transferring my balance to myself.

Hmm.. strange - I cannot replicate this issue. Does the confirmation dialog appear after you press the Vote button? Do you see any errors in the upper-right corner under bell icon?

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline Methodise

I have to right click "RELOAD" button to show everything in my wallet,weird.
OSX.

Thanks, I needed this fix, I was having problems too.

Definitely an issue.
BTS: methodise

Offline valzav

• View Profile