Author Topic: BitShares 0.6.1 Feedback  (Read 11899 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
The vote button doesn't work (also didn't in prior versions for me). In order to vote I manually have to send myself all my stake...

Overall: It is more fluent and quite an improvement! :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 06:54:52 pm by delulo »

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Finally had a chance to upgrade!

It's a really big improvement, it's working very smoothly for me.  Great work everyone!  I've had a lot of problems with past versions but this is working super-smooth.  I have 8Gb ram btw.

It's looking very nice and I the layout is much better too.  It is exciting to see it working so well!

It just looks and works great, I'm so pleased.

Experience:
Took about 1 hour to load while it said "replaying the block chain", but it did it smoothly.
After opening still had the last 6 days worth of syncing to do.  It synced the first 3 days in a few minutes then said "not connected" for a few minutes,, then synced again to completion.

In the "transfer section" the familiar bug of accounts not showing up happened again, but this time, the trick of "control-click - reload" worked and they appeared.  Still, it needs to not appear at all.

No other problems!

:)

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
it seems sync. takes too much RAM. Many computer will crash.
can limit that?

I was having difficulties syncing with 4GB RAM but once I upgraded to 16GB everything works great.

Does anyone know if there's a plan for this?  Will users be encouraged to use the lightweight wallet if they don't have a quick machine?  Or will the QT and other future wallets sync better in the future?

My guess is no. I think it's a limitation of LevelDB. So with more transactions in the future it will become even slower. I think that's a dowside of having 10 sec blocks. There are just too many of them !
My computer crashed many times when ram was 4 GB. And it works well after ram upgraded to 6 GB.
Though the chain is large, if the resource rely on can be limited, then everyone can download it though with longer time maybe.  My computer will never crash when i download a very large file, i just have to wait. But to bts client, i even have no chance to wait, because the computer will crash when syncing.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
can limit that?

I was having difficulties syncing with 4GB RAM but once I upgraded to 16GB everything works great.

Does anyone know if there's a plan for this?  Will users be encouraged to use the lightweight wallet if they don't have a quick machine?  Or will the QT and other future wallets sync better in the future?

My guess is no. I think it's a limitation of LevelDB. So with more transactions in the future it will become even slower. I think that's a dowside of having 10 sec blocks. There are just too many of them !

Offline yellowecho

can limit that?

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
can limit that?

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
And where is the command line?
Top right -> advanced -> tab console
Ok, thanks! That is quite a bit hidden. I had to go to Account drop down menu...

Feedback for the 0.6.1 Windows client:
- Anytime I do not close it through File > Quit it asks me next time whether I want to reset the database. A bit annoying that you always have to think about quitting it that way...
- I newly started the client after it crashed. It started but I can only see it when I click on the "got to desktop" button. Then I can see it for a second and then it's gone again. When I have had the task manager open (and closed it again) then the Bitshares client is visible and stays visible but says "Starting Bitshares" which doesnt change.   

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I installed the 0.6.1 client (Ubuntu, compiled).... It has tabs at the top (dashboard, exchange etc.). Is that 0.6.1?
You .. that is the new layout
Top right -> advanced -> tab console

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I installed the 0.6.1 client (Ubuntu, compiled).... It has tabs at the top (dashboard, exchange etc.). Is that 0.6.1?
Also weird is that the delegates are old delegates and they still have the old standard 100% payrate (what is now 3%). Probabaly because I am not synced...
What is convenient with the Windows client is that is shows whether I am synced at the bottom. I don't (and never had) that with the Linux version :(
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:03:14 pm by delulo »

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
I've noticed on the mac version that I often have to restart the client. If my mac is asleep, then wakes up, the client is never able to reconnect without a restart.

Xeldal

I ended the process as it was stuck.  Noticed there were 2 bitshares.exe processes.

I thought I was careful to close them all before starting the last one, but I may have missed it.

In relaunching after "end process"  It gave the option to "reset database"  I chose this , entered password, now I'm back in.  working.

Perhaps a check at start-up to see if bitshares.exe is already running before trying to launch another instance would help?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Can you tried the console version of bitshares .. there should be an executable called bitshares_client .. that one will certainly give more information

Xeldal

Windows 7 64bit, 16GB RAM, SSD

Had a power outage yesterday.  I'm now unable to open the wallet.  It is stuck at the login page.  No matter what I enter for a password, I get the 3 moving dots for awhile and then it returns to the password prompt.  Doesn't even say anything about it being the wrong password.

I removed the Chain and Peers folders and restarted.  Same results.

I reinstalled the client.  Same results

I then tried to import the most recent wallet backup.  I get an error that the password is incorrect.  I'm 100% sure the password is correct.

Now I've moved a backup '/wallet/default/' folder into a fresh installation.   It appears to be stuck on the loading screen.  Doesn't give any indication of what its doing. reads 'starting bitshares'.

The chain folder grew to 762MB but no more, so i assume it was downloading the chain, but no change now for 30 mins or so.

Offline oco101

• View Profile

Had a power outage yesterday.  I'm now unable to open the wallet.  It is stuck at the login page.  No matter what I enter for a password, I get the 3 moving dots for awhile and then it returns to the password prompt.  Doesn't even say anything about it being the wrong password.

I then tried to import the most recent wallet backup.  I get an error that the password is incorrect.  I'm 100% sure the password is correct.

Same problem for me. In fact I can't use this version at all, I could not manage to make it work not even once. I have exactly the same behavior like you described and tried  everything. I have a I7-8GB RAM. 0.5.3 was working well.

Xeldal