Author Topic: BitShares 0.6.1 Feedback  (Read 11723 times)

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
I don't have a suggested change, just a general comment. The only area that causes me major grief is the delegate voting section. I know there's guides in the forum, for a new user, it's still too confusing.

What's confusing about it?

I don't disagree that it could use improvements [1], I'm just wondering what problems you see with it.

[1] Improvements:
  • Delegates I voted for in the past but no longer do (unfilled thumbs up) shouldn't show up in My Votes in the GUI.
  • I should be able to see what percent of my BTS stake is currently voting for each delegate in both the My Votes page as well as the general delegate page (right next to the thumbs up/down button). Also, if the percentage is 100% and I am currently giving a thumbs up to that delegate, then the percentage text should be green; if the percentage is less than 100% and I am giving a thumbs up to that delegate, the percentage text should be orange; if the percentage is greater than 0% and I am either giving a thumbs down or not giving a thumbs up, the percentage text should be red.
  • Instead of representing the not voting state with an unfilled thumbs up, I think it should be a different icon that is less confusing as to what the current state of your vote is meant to be. Also, I would prefer if color were used to distinguish between thumbs up and thumbs down (rather than only the orientation of the hand/thumb), so that it is more clear what your votes are when quickly scrolling through the list.
  • The client should tell me how many delegates I have given a thumbs up to.
  • The client should show whether a delegate has defined a slate and allow me to view that slate. It should also visually represent the fact that a delegate I gave a thumbs up to has defined a slate (say by visually modifying the thumbs up icon in some way).
  • Whenever I press the button to update my votes, it should provide me with a confirmation dialog that confirms the voting method (all, delegate recommendations, random, none) and allows me to optionally view the list of delegates it will actually vote for in the slate (as well as the total number) before confirming.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 05:54:51 pm by arhag »

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
I don't have a suggested change, just a general comment. The only area that causes me major grief is the delegate voting section. I know there's guides in the forum, for a new user, it's still too confusing.

Offline btcxyzzz

• View Profile
...and GUI client is still completely bugged. Stating "Not Connected" for no reason. Shame for such a good system, GUI is definitely the weakest point here, come on, fix that.

Offline btcxyzzz

• View Profile
https://bitshares.org/resources/downloads     Here you can download file named bitsharesGUI-0.6.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz, but it's not a GUI client. GUI client can be downloaded from https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/releases    and it's the same filename, but filesize is ~80 MB, compared to first mentioned one which is ~19 MB.

This is pretty much confusing and misleading, hope this will be fixed.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Feedback? Awesome wallet! ;)
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
Great improvements the wallet looks and feels much better so great work :)

Couple of minor cosmetic comments:

When clicking a tab it moves you to the top of the window again, would be better if window position remained within new tab.

Button hover is very slow to respond

Offline graffenwalder

Gui windows.
Margin call orders display is now fixed.

I'm not a real fan of the new sorting feature.
It now pops up a window, descending ascending etc..
I think the original clicking on something to sort it, was more of a natural experience.
Also the sorting doesn't seem to work.
The "arrow" icon to get to the pop up in BTS:Bitsilver is under the text: call price(Bitsilver:BTS)

And there's no way to scroll through a list, if it's longer than the window it's in.
edit: Scrolling works if you go back to dashboard, then to the markets.
But if you go from one market to another it stops working.

When transferring unable to select last assets on the list, if there are more than 10 in your account.

Recents markets seem to be randomly auto removed

The burn wall, shouldn't have bitassets on it's amount options list.
Luckily trying to use it results in an error.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:01:45 pm by graffenwalder »

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
"Transfers are irreversible, please triple-check the name you have entered."

Much better!

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline cube

• View Profile
What are the things fixed in this version over the last?
openen the link gives you an answer:

Various GUI fixes
    Fix wallet_backup_restore failure
    Fix wallet_import_bitcoin failure

Yes, I opened the link and it did not say much.  I believe there would be more to it. 

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
openen the link gives you an answer:

Various GUI fixes
    Fix wallet_backup_restore failure
    Fix wallet_import_bitcoin failure

Offline cube

• View Profile

Offline vikram

https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/releases/tag/bts%2F0.6.1

Please only use this thread to post constructive feedback that may be useful to the development team.