Author Topic: New Wallet is Coming Along Nicely 0.6.1  (Read 6334 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Yup, works like a charm, just like most previous ones. I don't see what the big deal about stability is. Out of all the releases I've had maybe 3 that were crashing, the rest were rock solid to the point that I've been leaving the client running for days and forgetting about it.

Now, someone could say that not everyone has a "powerful" machine (i5 with 16GB RAM and an SSD) but the way I see it there will soon be separate light/mobile BitAssets wallets for our clients. The full Bitshares platform is a tool for shareholders and traders and how can anyone be an "investor" in anything when they can't afford a modern PC?

25% of the people here rarely use their wallet due to poor performance.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14125.0

I've not tried the new wallet yet though, maybe i'll re-poll in a month when everyone has upgraded.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 12:26:13 pm by matt608 »

Offline JA

• View Profile
Yup, works like a charm, just like most previous ones. I don't see what the big deal about stability is. Out of all the releases I've had maybe 3 that were crashing, the rest were rock solid to the point that I've been leaving the client running for days and forgetting about it.

Now, someone could say that not everyone has a "powerful" machine (i5 with 16GB RAM and an SSD) but the way I see it there will soon be separate light/mobile BitAssets wallets for our clients. The full Bitshares platform is a tool for shareholders and traders and how can anyone be an "investor" in anything when they can't afford a modern PC?
I too never had any problem with any version.(maybe with one but i cant remember)
And i even used a crappy xp machine once and had no problem.

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
If you haven't used the wallet in awhile, you might want to check out 0.6.1.  I'm still lost in the delegates tab but the stability and performance is worlds better for me personally.  It would be great if everyone could take a few minutes to look for bugs.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14155.0