Author Topic: Recurrent payments from the light wallet or mobile wallet?  (Read 1403 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Any idea what the eta is for it?  I don't see it in the milestones on github, it's an important feature. 

I'm drawing up a plan for a marketing project which will need this feature, so knowing roughly when it will be up and running in the mobile wallet would be useful to me.
I am afraid it seems to not be on any agenda atm .. maybe start a new discussion about this in a hangout, here in the forum, or even create a feature request in the github issue tracker ..

Offline matt608

• View Profile
recurrent payments have to be a feature of the blockchain and thus need to be independent from an actual "client" ..
a proper question instead would be: once recurrent payments are implemented on the blockchain, will I be able to "define" them using a LW client ... I'd say, yes :)
also possible, once mail is reliable, is to send out bills over bts-mail and have the user just "confirm" the bill

Any idea what the eta is for it?  I don't see it in the milestones on github, it's an important feature. 

I'm drawing up a plan for a marketing project which will need this feature, so knowing roughly when it will be up and running in the mobile wallet would be useful to me.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 12:18:45 pm by matt608 »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
recurrent payments have to be a feature of the blockchain and thus need to be independent from an actual "client" ..
a proper question instead would be: once recurrent payments are implemented on the blockchain, will I be able to "define" them using a LW client ... I'd say, yes :)
also possible, once mail is reliable, is to send out bills over bts-mail and have the user just "confirm" the bill

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Will recurrent payments be able to be set up from the light wallet and/or mobile wallet?

The use case I'm thinking of is for mobile phone contracts paid for with bitUSD from the mobile wallet