Author Topic: The Chinese community is upset over BTC38's non-response  (Read 5519 times)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
We don't even need to have active IOU to bitshares markets for price discovery. Delegate price feeds can just measure the peg of bitassets instead, and then multiply the internal market rate with the peg deviation to produce the feed for minimum short price, or let bitassets be shorted freely if there is no peg deviation (say within 1% error margin).

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
We don't need centralized exchanges for price discovery. We could use bitcoin gateways instead. Then price discovery (and purchasing BTS directly with "bitcoins") is possible on our decentralized exchange. No counterparty risk for the BTS being traded (just the "bitcoins") and more importantly voting rights are kept in the hands of the stake owners and not the exchanges.
Totally agree here .. !!

This is how I hope we do price discovery for DVS. We just need julian1 and/or monsterer to set up GATEBTC for DevShares.

Also, I would love it if we could have a BitShares Standard Gateway for ECDSA coins to further reduce the counterparty risk.
Thinking bigger Brian :)  +5%

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
It's an issue of the DNS compensation thing . People feel like they're not getting the proper amount that I3 provided .
They can not agree upon on the same math .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Its a chicken and egg problem with all mayoe exchanges. .. we need them to trade bts for price discorvery yet we dont like them to store alot of bts for security reasons

We don't need centralized exchanges for price discovery. We could use bitcoin gateways instead. Then price discovery (and purchasing BTS directly with "bitcoins") is possible on our decentralized exchange. No counterparty risk for the BTS being traded (just the "bitcoins") and more importantly voting rights are kept in the hands of the stake owners and not the exchanges.

This is how I hope we do price discovery for DVS. We just need julian1 and/or monsterer to set up GATEBTC for DevShares.

Also, I would love it if we could have a BitShares Standard Gateway for ECDSA coins to further reduce the counterparty risk.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 03:54:03 pm by arhag »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Its a chicken and egg problem with all mayoe exchanges. .. we need them to trade bts for price discorvery yet we dont like them to store alot of bts for security reasons (see NXT) .. sucks ..

Still not directly a problem of this community and i fear the bigger part of the forum just cant approach btc38... but we should try to keep FUD low

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
It's a BTC38 matter anyway . I'll tell their staff to try to get the boss on this matter again .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
I still have no idea what the issue is here. I can't read Chinese  :-\
Revolution is inevitable.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
From their earlier correspondence, it seems BTC38 realised some discrepancies in their calculation and promised to investigate and provide a formal announcement.  This announcement never come to past.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13529.msg179230#msg179230
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
The Chinese community has been craving for a response for long to no avail.  I hope someone can help them.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13529.msg184391#msg184391
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.