Author Topic: BitShares 0.6.0 Feedback  (Read 11090 times)

Offline vikram

Hm .. this kind of results in some serious headache considering that I cannot run any command from outside the client even if my clients are secured by a VPN network ..
What do I have to do be allowed to run json_authenticated commands via RPC? Can you help me authenticate to the client via python?

What commands require an encrypted json authentication?

If you message modprobe, I think he should be able to help.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hm .. this kind of results in some serious headache considering that I cannot run any command from outside the client even if my clients are secured by a VPN network ..
What do I have to do be allowed to run json_authenticated commands via RPC? Can you help me authenticate to the client via python?

What commands require an encrypted json authentication?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Code: [Select]
{u'id': 0, u'error': {u'message': u'Assert Exception (10)\n_self->get_rpc_server()->get_method_data(method_name).prerequisites == bts::api::no_prerequisites: ask\n\n', u'code': 10, u'detail': u'10
+assert_exception: Assert Exception\n_self->get_rpc_server()->get_method_data(method_name).prerequisites == bts::api::no_prerequisites: ask\n    {"method_name":"ask"}\n    th_a  general_api.cpp:187 batch\n\n    {}\n    th_a
+common_api_client.cpp:240 batch'}}
Can't run 'ask' through RPC. Via client it works fine .. not via RPC .. what has changed?
@vikram : can you help me out here?

I believe this was a security issue that was fixed: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/commit/7dd7d6154d46abfd79a1cb26bdcf0eeecf0dd4c3

If you want to automate market orders, you can use wallet_market_batch_update.
ah .. thought so .. thanks for clarification

Offline vikram

{u'id': 0, u'error': {u'message': u'Assert Exception (10)\n_self->get_rpc_server()->get_method_data(method_name).prerequisites == bts::api::no_prerequisites: ask\n\n', u'code': 10, u'detail': u'10
+assert_exception: Assert Exception\n_self->get_rpc_server()->get_method_data(method_name).prerequisites == bts::api::no_prerequisites: ask\n    {"method_name":"ask"}\n    th_a  general_api.cpp:187 batch\n\n    {}\n    th_a
Can't run 'ask' through RPC. Via client it works fine .. not via RPC .. what has changed?

I believe this was a security issue that was fixed: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/commit/7dd7d6154d46abfd79a1cb26bdcf0eeecf0dd4c3

If you want to automate market orders, you can use wallet_market_batch_update.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I notice it uses over 2 gigs ram when downloading the chain.. my VPS has 2 gigs total and throws up (out of memory exception).. its been a whole day wasted getting it to work.. i created a 4 gig swap file just so it can sync up.

After a while it slows down to a crawl and I have to start it up again so it will sync faster.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
after a bitEURO buy order the gui closed on my linux system and when I restarted even I answered to continue normally, a critical error occurred and it synced again from the beginning!  not to mention it takes to long to fully sync...  I don't  want to  imagine how long it will take after a year to download the whole blockchain... 

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline vikram

Offline kinglaw0577

• View Profile
    • BitShares Richlist
There is a serious mistake:6.0 block random_seed is all zero.
☆bitshares Richlist富豪榜 http://richlist.btsabc.org
☆BTSABC wallet online比特帝国在线钱包 https://bit.btsabc.org

Offline graffenwalder

I am not able to find "console" in this version. where is it hiding ?
On the right click on username->advanced->second tab is console

Offline iamabtsgirl

• View Profile
I am not able to find "console" in this version. where is it hiding ?

Offline cylon

• View Profile
Fantastic color change from bright blue to dark grey blue.  This keeps my Cylon eye from straining.

Much more professional looking.  Whoever had that idea is winning.
BTS: cylon

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
There's  a short on the GOLD/BTS market with insufficient collateral to cover 1 GOLDtoshi. This has undesirable consequences: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/923#issuecomment-73495730
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline joele

• View Profile
If I leave the UIA (CFSGold) for couple of minutes the wallet crash. It happened every time.