Author Topic: BeyondBitcoin hangout with Bytemaster 02-13-15  (Read 3556 times)

Offline JoeyD

Hmm, someone has editing powers and is doxxing me I see.

Sorry for the late reply, but on linux you can just do
oggenc wordsofgold.wav

And it will spit out your ogg for you. For anybody running linux use sox for your soundconversions or if you really really reeeeally need a gui, use soundconvert.

EDIT
For windows use the link from the horses mouth
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 06:42:15 pm by JoeyD »

Offline fuzzy

It was recommended to me that I record the .wav instead of the .ogg file for reasons of quality in the final cut.

When I can get back to my computer I will see if there is a free way to convert to .ogg for fast download.   Thanks for the input.

I got the impression Cass was asking for an easier accessible soundcloud link.

Btw ogg itself is the free way to encode wav files, get some sleep man, you're saying silly things now.

*Edit-- I'm JoeyD.  I live in a house boat and sometimes believe i'm a dolphin.*

Btw ogg itself is the free way to encode wav files
What do you mean joey?  You are kind of a guru on this type of thing so i'm all ears!

*Edit-- I'm JoeyD.  I live in a house boat and sometimes believe i'm a dolphin.* 
wth does this even mean?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
When I can get back to my computer I will see if there is a free way to convert to .ogg for fast download.   Thanks for the input.

ffmpeg is always handy. Or I guess it's called avconv on Ubuntu. What OS are you running?

I can quickly convert it on my machine with:
Code: [Select]
avconv -i Mumble-2015-02-13-09-02-22-vx31.commandchannel.com-Mixdown.wav -acodec libvorbis Mumble-2015-02-13-09-02-22-vx31.commandchannel.com-Mixdown.ogg
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 12:09:04 pm by arhag »

Offline JoeyD

It was recommended to me that I record the .wav instead of the .ogg file for reasons of quality in the final cut.

I got the impression Cass was asking for an easier accessible soundcloud link.

Btw ogg itself is the free way to encode wav files, get some sleep man, you're saying silly things now.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 04:05:44 am by fuzzy »

Offline fuzzy

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
Revolution is inevitable.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
no reason not to use .ogg for this purpose...

@ fuz: Sidenote: What about having a link on bitshares.org (in the community section) to the beyond bitcoin hangouts (on soundcloud)?

yup pls create a issue on github ..! It's easier for me to follow! thx
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
no reason not to use .ogg for this purpose...

@ fuz: Sidenote: What about having a link on bitshares.org (in the community section) to the beyond bitcoin hangouts (on soundcloud)?

Offline First

• View Profile
Hi file is over 500 mb. The others were a lot smaller. Can you double check please!

Offline fuzzy

Offline bobmaloney

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline fuzzy