Author Topic: Keeping track of projects that make use of your PTS  (Read 23342 times)

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Re: Keeping track of projects that make use of your PTS
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2013, 09:31:56 pm »
So there's two percentages, one is percentage of genesis block, the other is percentage of total supply? but then there are coins with infinite total supply.

I corrected it, both are for the "final" number. MMC has infinite supply, but you can pick the point where mining saturates (10million coins) and see that 100k of them belong to PTS holders, or ~1%.

Yes there are two percentages, one for genesis block and one for percentage of total supply. In theory, PTS holders will own 0% of MMC at infinite time, but you can pick some time frame out and say what the percentage will be then.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 09:27:36 pm »
I think exchange rate alone is a misleading number and can lead to you promoting scams. Instead you want to list % of genesis block allocated to PTS.

According to the list, this is a bad deal (but it is actually a very good deal):
1000PTS converts to 1 coin, but PTS makes up 100% of the genesis block

And according to the list, this is a good deal (but is actually a very bad deal):
I'll make a coin that gives 1,000,000 coins per 1 PTS. But PTS will only take up 0.1% of the genesis block, the rest goes to me.

I'm not sure how that percentage is calculated. Is it always the case that % of genesis block is allocated to PTS? I think everyone realize different DAC/coin have different value, and they can calculate the percentage based on a case by case basis.

Exchange rate is totally irrelevant. You can't tell if it is a good deal or bad deal just by the number of coins they will give you per PTS. The only number that matters is the % of the money supply that will be dedicated to PTS (which is directly a function of the % of the genesis block and final total supply of coins). It is always the case that a % of the genesis block will be allocated to PTS

I'm proud to announce the first distribution for ProtoShares owners.

ProtoShares owners collectively will receive a 1% stake in the relaunched MemoryCoin - MemoryCoin 2.0.
This is at genesis block, not final stake (I believe)

I am going to chime in here with some clarity for all involved. 

1) All chains Invictus launches will be derived from ProtoShares with a 1:1 mapping and 10% of the ultimate money supply of that chain.
this is at final stake.

So there's two percentages, one is percentage of genesis block, the other is percentage of total supply? but then there are coins with infinite total supply.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 09:19:29 pm »
I think exchange rate alone is a misleading number and can lead to you promoting scams. Instead you want to list % of genesis block allocated to PTS.

According to the list, this is a bad deal (but it is actually a very good deal):

And according to the list, this is a good deal (but is actually a very bad deal):
I'll make a coin that gives 1,000,000 coins per 1 PTS. But PTS will only take up 0.1% of the genesis block, the rest goes to me.

I'm not sure how that percentage is calculated. Is it always the case that % of genesis block is allocated to PTS? I think everyone realize different DAC/coin have different value, and they can calculate the percentage based on a case by case basis.

Exchange rate is totally irrelevant. You can't tell if it is a good deal or bad deal just by the number of coins they will give you per PTS. The only number that matters is the % of the money supply that will be dedicated to PTS (which is directly a function of the % of the genesis block and final total supply of coins). It is always the case that a % of the genesis block will be allocated to PTS

I'm proud to announce the first distribution for ProtoShares owners.

ProtoShares owners collectively will receive a 1% stake in the relaunched MemoryCoin - MemoryCoin 2.0.
This is final stake

I am going to chime in here with some clarity for all involved. 

1) All chains Invictus launches will be derived from ProtoShares with a 1:1 mapping and 10% of the ultimate money supply of that chain.
this is at final stake.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 09:29:19 pm by maqifrnswa »
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 04:48:27 pm »
That, I think, is a major flaw in the PTS design. If I wanted to create a DAC and keep PTS holders out of it, I just define "1000 PTS = 0.0001 MyDACs". I thought to any new DAC applies: 1 PTS = 1 NewDAC. Obviously I got something wrong. Again.

yes you could do this for sure, but then you don't get  the excellent PTS community backbone. Why should PTS community support a DAC who don't honor PTS holders!?
And without this trust i guess i could be difficult to turn  project into success. Just one point of view
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 04:51:13 pm by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 04:46:20 pm »

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 02:13:29 pm »

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 02:07:59 pm »
Maybe you should add the conversion rate for each DAC.

Memorycoin 2.0 for example exchanges 10 PTS for 1 MC.

That, I think, is a major flaw in the PTS design. If I wanted to create a DAC and keep PTS holders out of it, I just define "1000 PTS = 0.0001 MyDACs". I thought to any new DAC applies: 1 PTS = 1 NewDAC. Obviously I got something wrong. Again.

Good idea, added.

Offline Gekko

• Lunch is for wimps........ Greed is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 01:16:09 pm »
Misunderstanding on my side, I guess. PTS must only be honored by DACs from Invictus, but can be honored by every other DAC.

And I think FreeTrade primarily honored PTS for marketing purposes, to pump his coin.

Offline seraphim

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 11:15:58 am »
If you want to create a DAC and keep PTS holders out of it, you don't need to give them anything.

MMC is not by Invictus! FreeTrade decided to honor PTS holders because of his involvement with the community.
Meet you on STEEM

Offline Gekko

• Lunch is for wimps........ Greed is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 07:16:49 am »
Maybe you should add the conversion rate for each DAC.

Memorycoin 2.0 for example exchanges 10 PTS for 1 MC.

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
Keeping track of projects that make use of your PTS
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 01:45:23 am »
This thread is to keep track of projects that accept the PTS social contract, which allow you to import your PTS to obtain something (most likely they will also accept your AGS too). Please let me know by reply or pm me, if you found a new project that isn't listed here.

The format is as follows:
Full name of project
Announcement date
Exchange rate
PTS block (you must have confirmed balance at an address you control, when this particular PTS block is mined, to be able to receive anything)
Project links

Bitshares Merger (3i PTS support is officially ended at this snapshot, 3rd party support may or may not happen in the future)
2014-11-05
100 BTS per PTS
Block 81,579

Bitshares Play
2014-11-05
TBD (PTS receive 10% of all play currency)
Block 81,579

BitShares Music
2014-09-26
"Notes" - Unknown rate. 35%/35% PTS/AGS
Block 81,021
Official site (Client not released yet.)

Bitshares KeyID (DNS)
2014-08-01
1 PTS for 1176 KeyID (DNS) currency
Block 72,695
Official site

Bitshares Voting
2014-08-01
TBD
Block 72,695
TBD (client not yet available)

LottoShares (project abandonned, do not redeem)
2014-07-15
1 PTS for 7.08 LTS
Block 65,959
LottoShares bitcointalk thread
LottoShares lottoshares.org

Bitshares X
2014-02-18
1 PTS for 644 BTSX
block 57,787
Bitshares-x.info
Getting started with Bitshares X

MemoryCoin 2.0