Author Topic: Exco.in hacked, lots of NSR and Nubits stolen  (Read 4382 times)

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Update from exco.in:

The remaining balances have been removed from the site by users.

We have located the real identity of the user 'ambiorx' who made the fraudulant BTC, NBT and NSR withdrawals and we will be pursuing legal action. We are preparing to hand over our logs, database and other information to the authorities.

In the meantime, we will be doing an audit of our systems and investigating the possibility of rebuilding the trading engine.

Samantha Chen (YT)
Excoin Lead Developer

Offline Fuzzybear

• View Profile
exco.in - aren't this the blackwavelabs guys we kicked out of delegate positions?

https://discuss.nubits.com/t/major-announcement-exco-in-is-closing-operations/1451
Can you expand more on this or point me to threads please

I know we do not agree with their philosophy...but damn there has to be some point at which we reach out to people..
Now that is the kind of attitude we all need! +1 for you and +10 for similar username :D

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
exco.in - aren't this the blackwavelabs guys we kicked out of delegate positions?

Yep, i think so. Unfortunately that only makes me thing they were the ones doing it. They didnt have their delegate positions to receive their income so it makes sense to 'quit' like that. Hope that's not true, but if it is, bitshares just avoided a future mess by kicking them out.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
That's btw why gateways for BTS are supposed to only trade IOUs ..
https://bitshares.org/resources/gateways

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
This sucks.  What is the community's thoughts on me opening up a room in mumble for them for the time being to converse a little easier as a community in their time of troubles?

I know we do not agree with their philosophy...but damn there has to be some point at which we reach out to people..
  +5%

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
BTC tx real

BTC:
1AaKKtfWVVwwUEzwXwQxasvSqmrnTQX6zQ : 366.73852178
1NdbyjbAK4kBna2TQV8wNje5TfRR2tWxfJ : 48.63889353
1BtxvnnACtYRbWnmgaNu6HN8UfBQW5QtQR : 27.15
1AaKKtfWVVwwUEzwXwQxasvSqmrnTQX6zQ : 366.73852178
1BnNn2LsVbn8DDWx5ABrDF1Vkc2epchf7Z : 27.70094707
1PANRuwAet9F6WSVZLC2fkuxTeMFxvdzFZ : 66.24195844
12RFmHYjNSpAwLJjMHzAU91zLe9Wd7T2Fc : 14.8318297
1MCw31vCtyvtpyeNsmsuVpTFuKEXfmDb7m : 43.2308
1FYgqo8waWDYyjmGqifDtgbSfG7Pp1QA7M : 82.4259
1MY7qYCTsKfkvoXMq6XWYVUGKwsVsY5JjW : 38.7239
1B7k9aTwxAspzrGiQ3shBjB6DLmPPM3jSG : 25.0
1PwXMcNZVAeDddQ6p9S12vFSAfuHMU1q3W : 27.11
1MY7qYCTsKfkvoXMq6XWYVUGKwsVsY5JjW : 38.7239
1B7k9aTwxAspzrGiQ3shBjB6DLmPPM3jSG : 25.0
1PwXMcNZVAeDddQ6p9S12vFSAfuHMU1q3W : 27.11
13KUvkpxqbS5DiMwQscBar1pBtVvsQHhwM : 1.69983218
1BtxvnnACtYRbWnmgaNu6HN8UfBQW5QtQR : 27.15
19cRmsjcyUfiVPdy7DFu3FUfPhDKbkCruG : 27.67
17JiGNa1xprKrkvEFNvGtVYf7UekoSTqzE : 27.14
19cRmsjcyUfiVPdy7DFu3FUfPhDKbkCruG : 27.67
total loss 1336.69500448
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

https://discuss.nubits.com/t/major-announcement-exco-in-is-closing-operations/1451

The announcement on Excoin says there was a large amount of small BTC transactions in by the hackers. These BTC were then used to buy NBT and NSR. Were the BTC tx real? They did not mention.  The whole thing seems fishy and could be an inside job.  They should be able to compensate their users since they back the exchange with a reserve.

yes maybe!

+5%

BM warned of this, and rightfully so.  Those who trade on a decentralized exchange first, trade best.

any yes!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 08:47:21 am by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
BM warned of this, and rightfully so.  Those who trade on a decentralized exchange first, trade best.

Yes. @paging our marketing delegates.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

I agree whole heartedly!
Anybody, who has made the effort to translate for themselves my posts in English, knows that my mind is full of very deep concerns and true unease for any and everybody who have ever hold Nubits.

@fuzzy make sure the room is cozy and worm. We are expecting true Crypto-Fed-Warriors, most of them with significant mental issues even before joining the Nuway.

Got ya.  Bad idea.  Thanks for the input Tony Kold-Heart          ==----/-(D:)<

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 06:08:40 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline hightower

• My soul is lifted up and rest in the hightower
    • View Profile

The announcement on Excoin says there was a large amount of small BTC transactions in by the hackers. These BTC were then used to buy NBT and NSR. Were the BTC tx real? They did not mention.  The whole thing seems fishy and could be an inside job.  They should be able to compensate their users since they back the exchange with a reserve.

zerosum

I agree whole heartedly!
Anybody, who has made the effort to translate for themselves my posts in English, knows that my mind is full of very deep concerns and true unease for any and everybody who have ever hold Nubits.

@fuzzy make sure the room is cozy and worm. We are expecting true Crypto-Fed-Warriors, most of them with significant mental issues even before joining the Nuway.

Offline fuzzy

This sucks.  What is the community's thoughts on me opening up a room in mumble for them for the time being to converse a little easier as a community in their time of troubles?

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline yellowecho

This can happen to any of us, anytime, with any currency. I wish them the best.

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
This can happen to any of us, anytime, with any currency. I wish them the best.