Author Topic: 0.6/0.6.1 can't send funds  (Read 1979 times)

Offline vikram

The above explanation by arhag is correct.

You can use "wallet_remove_transaction 521c9756" if you want to clear it from your wallet.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
It would probably be better for a dev to answer some of these questions, but I will try my best (as a non-dev).

Strange, I thought BTS  has less-than-a minute confirmation time for transaction.  But definitely I waited longer for that tx to appear. Could it be some delegate issue? What time does delegate have to produce block and what happens if he fails to do it?

No idea what was going on there. Technically, the delegates could all ignore your transaction and never include it. But if they were doing this intentionally they would eventually be caught and replaced. But in your case, your wallet reports the timestamp of the transaction as 2015-02-14T11:07:50 and the transaction was included in block 1786818 which had a timestamp of 2015-02-14T11:08:00. That is only 10 seconds after which is consistent with the 10 second block interval of BitShares. Maybe your client had network/syncing issues immediately after broadcasting the transaction (as unlikely as it seems)? Or maybe it was some bug in the client.

As for my other block, it was produced with 0.5.3 client and it seems there was some hardfork which prevented 0.5.3. to broadcast transaction. Now I upgraded to 0.6.1 and it seems transactions broadcast OK.

That probably explains it.

I don't quite understand what to do with '521c9756'

Can I somehow cancel it?

Every transaction has an expiration time (after which point the transaction is considered invalid and won't be accepted into the blockchain). By default I believe the client sets the expiration time of transfer transactions to be 1 hour after the transaction was created. So it is safe to assume that this transaction (since it was apparently created on 2015-02-13T08:37:43) is invalid by now. This means even if it was somehow floating around in limbo on the network, it couldn't be included into the blockchain anyway.

I did 'wallet_rescan_blockchain', it took couple of minutes to finish.  but 521c9756  still in my transaction history

If i do 'wallet_rebroadcast_transaction' the trnsaction will come to bter? Do I have an option to abandon this concrete transaction? Is it unreversible already? As you told that "block is empty" I consider this transaction "bad" but not "unreversible"

Which command should I use instead of wallet_rescan_blockchain to fix my transact history? I used simple 'rescan' also. No effect. But my GUI crashed after that.

I don't know if the rebroadcast command will update the expiration time, resign, and rebroadcast (in which case the btercom transaction would become valid again) or if it just won't work because it is now expired. Either way, it is best to just give up on the 521c9756 and make a new transfer to btercom.

I am not sure how you are supposed to get rid of the 521c9756 transaction from your transaction history. My guess is that you exported the wallet from v0.5.3 which included the pending transaction 521c9756 and then imported it into v0.6.1, correct? In that case, the client pulled in that now unnecessary (since it wasn't included in the blockchain and has by now expired) transaction into your wallet database (into your transaction history) when you imported the JSON wallet backup. I don't think there is any command to allow you to erase useless items from your transaction history. I think you would either have to just ignore it or perhaps export the wallet again, make a copy of the JSON export, hand edit the JSON in the copy to take out the troublesome transaction, delete the wallets folder, and then import the modified JSON file. But it is probably best to not do that and risk messing up. Hopefully the devs have a better answer.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 03:11:50 pm by arhag »

Offline pyhta4og

• View Profile
Thank you, now I see the fa652922 on bitsharesblocks.

Strange, I thought BTS  has less-than-a minute confirmation time for transaction.  But definitely I waited longer for that tx to appear. Could it be some delegate issue? What time does delegate have to produce block and what happens if he fails to do it? I know it is not tech. support question, but could you kindly provide me a link to corresponding wiki section?

As for my other block, it was produced with 0.5.3 client and it seems there was some hardfork which prevented 0.5.3. to broadcast transaction. Now I upgraded to 0.6.1 and it seems transactions broadcast OK.

I don't quite understand what to do with '521c9756'

Can I somehow cancel it?
I did 'wallet_rescan_blockchain', it took couple of minutes to finish.  but 521c9756  still in my transaction history

If i do 'wallet_rebroadcast_transaction' the trnsaction will come to bter? Do I have an option to abandon this concrete transaction? Is it unreversible already? As you told that "block is empty" I consider this transaction "bad" but not "unreversible"

Which command should I use instead of wallet_rescan_blockchain to fix my transact history? I used simple 'rescan' also. No effect. But my GUI crashed after that.

Thank you.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
11. How could I check transactions fa652922 and 521c9756 online?

There is no 521c9756 transaction. Bitsharesblocks shows that block 1773038 (the block your wallet claims it sent the btercom transfer) is empty. This is consistent with the fact that your balance wasn't reduced by 10,000 BTS.

You can however find transaction fa652922 on bitsharesblocks.com. You should have seen a corresponding decrease of 1,000.5 BTS in your account balance, correct?

Try rescanning the blockchain and see if that fixes your false transaction history. Also, I am not sure why poloniex is saying they did not receive the 1,000 BTS, but I remember other users having deposit/withdrawal issues with them. 

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I do see the the poloniexwallet transactions on the blockchain (blockchain_get_transaction fa652922)
Though I do not see the bter tx on the blockchain (521c9756)

The block in which the tx shows as store into seems to be empty:
Code: [Select]
blockchain_get_block_transactions 1773038
[]

please try a rebroadcast:
wallet_rebroadcast_transaction <txid>

paging @vikram

as for the poloniex tx .. I have no chance to debug this .. it seems the guys from poloniex are doing something wrong ..
write them a mail and send the transaction id and block number .. they should know how to "wallet_verify_titan_deposit" an incoming tx

Offline pyhta4og

• View Profile
1. I had 106000 BTS and sent 10000 to bter (using 0.6 gui).
2. bter didn't receive them (waited a couple of hours).
3. but transaction showed in wallet_account_history so I didn't know why they didn't come to bter.
4. Then I read that there is 0.6.1 and upgraded (from github + removed ~/.BitShares + imported wallet)
5. It showed 106000 BTS so that failed transaction didn't go to blockchain somehow
6. I sent 1000 BTS to poloniex today
7. I tried to find it on bitsharesblocks by ID (fa652922) - no results
8. poloniex didn't receive it (20mins already)
9. I suspect my client fails to send transactions.
10. What I did wrong?
11. How could I check transactions fa652922 and 521c9756 online?
12. Is it possible to do it on bitsharesblocks like with bitcoins on blockchain.info??? If yes, what is  "proof url" for transaction - so I can really be sure that it was inserted into blockchain not only by my client?

Here wallet_account_history & wallet_account_balance
Code: [Select]
2015-02-12T06:07:55 1767823   MARGIN-66e0e0c9     pyhta4og            75,000.00022 BTS        cover proceeds                              165,210.53318 BTS       0.50000 BTS         29370ccd|
|                              pyhta4og            MARGIN-66e0e0c9     1.11896959 BTC          payoff debt                                 0.00009925 BTC                                      |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 2015-02-13T08:37:43 1773038   pyhta4og            btercom             10,000.00000 BTS        bter70e72fXXXXX                           155,209.53318 BTS       0.50000 BTS         521c9756
 2015-02-14T11:07:50 1786818   pyhta4og            poloniexwallet      1,000.00000 BTS         05dc461fcXXXX                            154,209.03318 BTS       0.50000 BTS         fa652922

>> wallet_account_balance

ACCOUNT                         BALANCE                     
============================================================
pyhta4og                        106,566.08237 BTS           
                                0.00009925 BTC             
                                1,141.7164 USD       

Thanks in advance,

gonna play long maidsafe. Time is money  now, while volatilitiy is growing

pity no bitmaidsafe yet