Author Topic: Generating multiple addresses  (Read 2216 times)

Offline vikram

You can use "wallet_address_create" command if you really want to create new addresses; however this is not recommended nor will address handling ever be supported in the GUI. In BitShares the preferred way to maintain separate balances is to create multiple (possibly unregistered) accounts.

Offline Riverhead

There's a command called something like wallet_account_regenerate_keys. However since the wallet uses deterministic keys you can always regenerate all keys from the original wallet backup. This does not have the change address issue that a qt bitcoin wallet has.

Offline robrigo

Registering a TITAN account on BitShares will automatically cause new addresses to be generated for each trx. I believe that TITAN accounts are the default type (the other being public). This is subject to change and TITAN may become opt-in as is described in this blog post.

Offline Bentrank

• View Profile
 ::) ...........How to generate multiple Bitshares addresses?

Offline fundomatic

• View Profile
I believe bitcoin core wallet (bitcoin-qt) is a

Type-0 nondeterministic wallet. For example, the Bitcoin Core client pregenerates 100 random private keys when first started and generates more keys as needed, using each key only once. This type of wallet is nicknamed "Just a Bunch Of Keys," or JBOK, ...

Quoted from Mastering Bitcoin by Andreas Antonopoulos

So, with bitcoin-qt, you could generate as many private-public key pairs and associated addresses as you wish.

Mind that as you spend generated 100 keys and start next 100 key batch, you need to back up the wallet again.

Offline Bentrank

• View Profile
Is it possible to generate as many addresses as I would with bitcoin-qt?