Author Topic: Bter is down  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
If you want to use us, we are just holding your amount for a couple of seconds till it is converted and transfered. So we are trying to reduce the counterparty risk as much as possible.

+5%  One giant falls and makes way for a new service.

hope cryptohedge will get out of this mess. Not a good timing for our community these hack!

Offline Riverhead

If you want to use us, we are just holding your amount for a couple of seconds till it is converted and transfered. So we are trying to reduce the counterparty risk as much as possible.

+5%  One giant falls and makes way for a new service.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
we just updated today and are live again!

metaexchange.info

is still unaffected and running. we are working right now to add more Assets in the near future and to increase the transferable amounts. We are holding all our assets on our own servers. If you want to use us, we are just holding your amount for a couple of seconds till it is converted and transfered. So we are trying to reduce the counterparty risk as much as possible.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

I would recommend that all of you withdraw your BTS from other exchanges to our internal exchange and continue your trading there.. Even if it is slower it is more secure from hackers...Now is the time t advertise our exchange and show to the rest of communities what decentralised trading means..

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
I just deposited BTC on there yesterday with an open buy for BTS :(

Offline pyhta4og

• View Profile
I think it is standard when you got hacked :)

In the worst (and most probable for me) scenario this will be  3 btc lesson to me not to keep more than 50 bucks on centralized exchanges.

I think if bter is completely hacked it will be a good opportunity for bitshares community to advertise "unhackable" bitshares bit-assets exchange :)

btw I wonder

bitsharesblocks.com is down either? No data, just empty design.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
We shall see...

In the meantime...
shapeshift is also not exchanging btc to bts and bitusd (presumable it uses bter)
bitsharesblock doesn't work
metaexchange for btc bitbtc is in maintenance...

It will be an exciting day today...

I would recommend that all of you withdraw your BTS from other exchanges to our internal exchange and continue your trading there.. Even if it is slower it is more secure from hackers...Now is the time t advertise our exchange and show to the rest of communities what decentralised trading means..

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
Is this a regular standard check/occurrence?