Author Topic: I wanna try Bitshares, BUT..  (Read 6302 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
welcome KenCode   ;)

I must warn you that bitshares have drug effects... so be careful  :)
Just my 2 BTS   8)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
If all goes well a hosted web wallet (blockchain-info-style) will be available today or early next week in beta.   Good enough to TRY.   

As long is there is no central control, authority or other company that can get hacked, then ok, maybe a web wallet would be ok, BUT,  I dumped my blockchain.info account since they are a central point of failure.

Welcome  :)

i'm still using blockchain.info for small day to day transaction!
Same i'll do with web wallet! Sure if there is a central point of failure .. but it's ok for me...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

All is well now, thank you everyone for your help!

My laptop is only 3 years old roughly, it's a Dell, top of the line when I bought it. The best way to get Bitshares Client installed, although it took about 45 minutes, was to go to the bitshares github and copy every line into your Terminal to build/make the bitshares client run properly:
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/blob/master/BUILD_UBUNTU.md

The first time you start up the bitshares client, let it run and run and run till it syncs first!
Then after a few hours it should be done, from there, come to this forum for your free bitshares faucet deposit, then once that deposit shows up in your bitshares client, THEN you can register your name, shapeshift a few bucks into your new account, and voila, you're up and running with bitshares.

Everyone here is awesome, you just gotta be patient getting it all setup, it's worth it, no worries! :)
Cheerz from Munich! :)
   -ken

Glad it all got sorted for you. Looking forward to your participation here! :)

+5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
All is well now, thank you everyone for your help!

My laptop is only 3 years old roughly, it's a Dell, top of the line when I bought it. The best way to get Bitshares Client installed, although it took about 45 minutes, was to go to the bitshares github and copy every line into your Terminal to build/make the bitshares client run properly:

The first time you start up the bitshares client, let it run and run and run till it syncs first!
Then after a few hours it should be done, from there, come to this forum for your free bitshares faucet deposit, then once that deposit shows up in your bitshares client, THEN you can register your name, shapeshift a few bucks into your new account, and voila, you're up and running with bitshares.

Everyone here is awesome, you just gotta be patient getting it all setup, it's worth it, no worries! :)
Cheerz from Munich! :)
   -ken

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Edit: send me your bts, I'll give you 0.5 bts for registration

Those images above are mine, I got it installed ok, but it won't let me register.

I'd like to register my username: kencode
It says my public key is:
BTS4zEc53ZizvYHZEjK7Fm63dnM4buGqf9KamurkynTxryKrzEypw

Please and thanx! :)
  -ken

sent 1 BTS :) have fun

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

Those images above are mine, I got it installed ok, but it won't let me register.

I'd like to register my username: kencode
It says my public key is:
BTS4zEc53ZizvYHZEjK7Fm63dnM4buGqf9KamurkynTxryKrzEypw

Please and thanx! :)
  -ken
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
i'm a linux newb, been using for about a year and a half now, whenever i grab a new app i just use the software manager to do it. Obviously bitshares does not exist in the software manager so I am gonna try this via the bitshares website tar.gz, so here it goes:

1. Downloaded "bitsharesGUI-0.6.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz"
2. Extracted it
3. double-clicked on the appp/executable "bitshares_client"
now what? nothing happens.

Did you set bitshares_client to chmod +x ?could be the issue.

It seems you have a hard time understanding how Linux operates, I recommend you to read some simple tutorials about installing and using linux. (use google)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Ok, I finally got bitshares installed, but it will not let me register for an account.
It opens a browser window, loads up the faucet page, but none of the logins are working.
twitter, reddit, bitshares login, etc. see the error message in the image i have linked here..
please help me setup an account with bitshares, i feel like a drug addict that ain't gettin his fix,  this sucks, i need it bad baby!
do i need to update or upgrade or something?

please advise, thanx :)
  -ken

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I cross-posted a link to this thread in our Technical subforum. Someone smarter than me should be able to help you soon.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14421.new#new

thanx so much :)

here's what I get right now:

mama@mama-pc ~ $ cd Downloads
mama@mama-pc ~/Downloads $ bitshares_client
bitshares_client: command not found
mama@mama-pc ~/Downloads $ ^C
mama@mama-pc ~/Downloads $

I followed the steps here too:

It compiled ok I guess, took about 30minutes, but it made it all the way through to 100% completion and gave me a prompt again so now what doI do so I can run bitshares for the first time and setup/fund an account?

Thanx in advance :)
  -ken
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I cross-posted a link to this thread in our Technical subforum. Someone smarter than me should be able to help you soon.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14421.new#new

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
i'm a linux newb, been using it for about a year and a half now, but have never had to install anything like this before. in wondoze i would just run the exe, but i dumped all m$ products from our home.

are there any linux people here that could walk me thru the install of the latest bitshares_client? i have the tar.gz extracted and ready to go.

skype (kenCode_de) would be awesome and heck i could even send you some btc for your time!!

i'm desperate to get bitshares running today before bts price gets above a penny, PLEEEEEZE :)
once i finally have a bitshares account i will immediately buy a bunch thru shapeshift.

Please skype me or email me (ken@kenCode.de) so I can buy tonight, please and thank you for your time :)
  -ken

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

and buy some up (bts, yes?) on (kraken?).

or buy on shapeshift.io - it's very easy with them. hope they'll re-add bitusd soon.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
If all goes well a hosted web wallet (blockchain-info-style) will be available today or early next week in beta.   Good enough to TRY.   

Please sign me up (ken@kenCode.de) so I can download it, open a bitshares account, and buy some up (bts, yes?) on (kraken?).

Thanx in advance :)
  -ken

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I'm glad you've discovered BitShares. It brings blockchain decentralization to banking, exchange, and soon other types of business and finance. Yes, Max is doing a great job and we love his work. Please feel free to post in the General section of the forum, also, since more people are reading that and you often can get a more robust discussion going there.

i'm hopin to do my first crypto options trading with bitshres.. calls puts iron condors etc. technical analysis can finally be done without having to worry about market manipulations like with wall street fiat. our analysis can actually make sense now! anyway, my bitcoin point of sale (pos) company here could really use bitshares too so i don't have to sell bitpay anymore, worrying about them getting hacked etc. lots of reasons why i'm so stoked about Bitshares!! :)
cheerz guys, weissbier's on me if you're in munich!
  -ken
www.PalmPay.chat