Author Topic: Conveying the essence of bitassets graphically ?  (Read 3184 times)

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
this will be next steps then! For the graphics i don't want to give a time frame right now!
Let me talk with all parties before and then come back to you …

Thanks Cass.  In concert with being able to bring a startup style pitch book to major VCs we could be able to do direct mail with this slide deck or with the poster art.  Very excited about this project
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 01:20:43 pm by Carpet Ride »
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline onceuponatime

Have posters in this thread voted for fund.bitsharesbreakout  yet? He is the one funding the development of our infographics and other initiatives.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13500.0

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Any idea what her final product may be?  I've been thinking we need a good Startup style pitchbook for major players like VCs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this will be next steps then! For the graphics i don't want to give a time frame right now!
Let me talk with all parties before and then come back to you …

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Any idea what her final product may be?  I've been thinking we need a good Startup style pitchbook for major players like VCs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Our most key point is market pegged assets.  How do you convey such an idea using graphics?  Whether animated or static graphics, what is the most intuitive way possible to present the idea itself.

Yeah, I've been thinking about this. In fact, I posted the following on slack a few days ago:
I'm also really interested in how to visually represent the market peg mechanics (what I am imagining is probably better suited for animation though). Here is a rough idea of what I have been imagining. I would like to represent BTS as a fluid which can fill up beakers. Then I see this beaker sitting on a scale with a dollar bill on the other side of the scale. As the value of the dollar grows relative to BTS (show appropriate increase in the USD/BTS chart in background), the physical dollar bill enlarges and the scale tips in favor of the dollar bill. Then a hand holding another beaker filled with the BTS liquid appears and pours additional BTS into the beaker on the scale thus rebalancing the scale. The dollar then shrinks and the scale tips in favor of the beaker. The hand pours some of the liquid from the beaker on the scale to the other beaker to rebalance the scale. We then show how there are many of these scales with beakers all balancing against the dollars (with their corresponding off-scale beaker to back them). We then state that 1 BitUSD is a claim on any one of the beakers on the various scales and the short position is a claim on the other beaker. For the claim holders to get access to their respect beakers, however, the beaker on the scale needs to be replaced by the 1 BitUSD. The short position owner can do this swap at any time. For someone who is not the short position owner to do the swap they must either wait until 30 days has passed since the short was created (visualize a clock on top of the scale) or if the amount of fluid (BTS) in the off-scale beaker becomes too small relative to the fluid in the on-scale beaker (margin calls).

The point of the above is that I would like to take the market peg mechanics and visualize them with concrete objects and actions that are hopefully easier for people to grasp.

lol arhag you're a genius... one step ahead..  I will think about this some more.  I've always thought along the lines of market graphs and some sort of animated arrows but that is as far as I went.  It would be interesting to read the community's thoughts.

2nd that!! ;)
  +5%

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Our most key point is market pegged assets.  How do you convey such an idea using graphics?  Whether animated or static graphics, what is the most intuitive way possible to present the idea itself.

Yeah, I've been thinking about this. In fact, I posted the following on slack a few days ago:
I'm also really interested in how to visually represent the market peg mechanics (what I am imagining is probably better suited for animation though). Here is a rough idea of what I have been imagining. I would like to represent BTS as a fluid which can fill up beakers. Then I see this beaker sitting on a scale with a dollar bill on the other side of the scale. As the value of the dollar grows relative to BTS (show appropriate increase in the USD/BTS chart in background), the physical dollar bill enlarges and the scale tips in favor of the dollar bill. Then a hand holding another beaker filled with the BTS liquid appears and pours additional BTS into the beaker on the scale thus rebalancing the scale. The dollar then shrinks and the scale tips in favor of the beaker. The hand pours some of the liquid from the beaker on the scale to the other beaker to rebalance the scale. We then show how there are many of these scales with beakers all balancing against the dollars (with their corresponding off-scale beaker to back them). We then state that 1 BitUSD is a claim on any one of the beakers on the various scales and the short position is a claim on the other beaker. For the claim holders to get access to their respect beakers, however, the beaker on the scale needs to be replaced by the 1 BitUSD. The short position owner can do this swap at any time. For someone who is not the short position owner to do the swap they must either wait until 30 days has passed since the short was created (visualize a clock on top of the scale) or if the amount of fluid (BTS) in the off-scale beaker becomes too small relative to the fluid in the on-scale beaker (margin calls).

The point of the above is that I would like to take the market peg mechanics and visualize them with concrete objects and actions that are hopefully easier for people to grasp.

lol arhag you're a genius... one step ahead..  I will think about this some more.  I've always thought along the lines of market graphs and some sort of animated arrows but that is as far as I went.  It would be interesting to read the community's thoughts.

2nd that!! ;)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 01:19:50 am by arhag »

Offline gamey

• View Profile
For the animated explainer video I imagine using an image of a globe and images of the physical assets that BitAssets represent.  They could be shown to be 'switched' for the BitAsset equivalent (BitAsset icon used + pleasant sound effect), liberating them from their existing limited transmission channels.  Physical gold is now tradable as a digital currency.  USD in a bank is now tradable as a unrestricted cryptocurrency.  They could be shown to flow around the world in an unrestricted network looking a bit like a cloud but with legs (lol).   It's about showing that BitAssets are a parallel financial system running free and global, alongside and in comparison to existing more 'compact' networks where there are lots of rules and lack of service to half the world (visualised also as more limited + rigid networks on the same globe).   The national lines on the globe could then then erased, or shattered, symbolising the world gaining financial freedom.  It could zoom in to a location and say 'now you can send money from x location to x location as easily as if you were neighbours.' (or something) Then it could out again and the globe image could change to become a brain, where the BitAssets are a new layer of a brain being grown, where the 'matrix' of the financial system is thickened, as a service for all humanity is born.  'Money just got smarter'.

The BitAssets could be portrayed as a shiny new asset class, they could be put on flags and show images of crowds marching under them (a civilian revolutionary "march" rather than military), to symbolise the 'it's a movement' aspect of crypto.

Just some ideas.  I'll put this in the video production thread on nullstreet.

Not a bad idea... I don't think we need to put everything on nullstreet.

I like the idea of various assets being put on a spinning globe in little prisons.  Then the prisons break away and the assets are mutated from like USD to bitUSD ... then they fly from the globe's prisons to either a blockchain and/or computer network.

That is a good explanation of why you might like bitshares, but it doesn't explain how we are different with collateral and counterparty risk.  That is actually what I was trying to implement in my head.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
For the animated explainer video I imagine using an image of a globe and images of the physical assets that BitAssets represent.  They could be shown to be 'switched' for the BitAsset equivalent (BitAsset icon used + pleasant sound effect), liberating them from their existing limited transmission channels.  Physical gold is now tradable as a digital currency.  USD in a bank is now tradable as a unrestricted cryptocurrency.  They could be shown to flow around the world in an unrestricted network looking a bit like a cloud but with legs (lol).   It's about showing that BitAssets are a parallel financial system running free and global, alongside and in comparison to existing more 'compact' networks where there are lots of rules and lack of service to half the world (visualised also as more limited + rigid networks on the same globe).   The national lines on the globe could then then erased, or shattered, symbolising the world gaining financial freedom.  It could zoom in to a location and say 'now you can send money from x location to x location as easily as if you were neighbours.' (or something) Then it could out again and the globe image could change to become a brain, where the BitAssets are a new layer of a brain being grown, where the 'matrix' of the financial system is thickened, as a service for all humanity is born.  'Money just got smarter'.

The BitAssets could be portrayed as a shiny new asset class, they could be put on flags and show images of crowds marching under them (a civilian revolutionary "march" rather than military), to symbolise the 'it's a movement' aspect of crypto.

Just some ideas.  I'll put this in the video production thread on nullstreet.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:16:35 pm by matt608 »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
We're working on it!
We (Nullstreet marketing initiative  - thx to bitscape, xeldal and all i forgot to name here) hired a professional information designerin for next 4 month!

Yes, I'm very excited about this one too.  These graphics are going to be insanely useful.  Arlene appears to very talented.  I'm impressed with her work.
Her site w/ porfolio : http://www.backgroundstories.com/

Community Fund Supporters so far:  Many Thanks!
Onceuponatime
Bitscape
Pheonike
Aloha

Funding. Reference: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13500.msg188258#msg188258

i'll contribute 50k BTS next 4 month / so half of my delegate pay for getting this job done..!
@xeldal: talked with bitscape about, but forgot to contact you  ...

Xeldal

We're working on it!
We (Nullstreet marketing initiative  - thx to bitscape, xeldal and all i forgot to name here) hired a professional information designerin for next 4 month!

Yes, I'm very excited about this one too.  These graphics are going to be insanely useful.  Arlene appears to very talented.  I'm impressed with her work.
Her site w/ porfolio : http://www.backgroundstories.com/

Community Fund Supporters so far:  Many Thanks!
Onceuponatime
Cass
Bitscape
Pheonike
Aloha

Funding. Reference: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13500.msg188258#msg188258
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:25:02 pm by Xeldal »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
We're working on it!

+5%

#paidbyprotocol

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
We're working on it!

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Our most key point is market pegged assets.  How do you convey such an idea using graphics?  Whether animated or static graphics, what is the most intuitive way possible to present the idea itself.  If you can quickly convey the benefits of bitAssets then you can quickly transition the brainspace into the utopian market that we are trying to realize and is key into capturing the passion of new users.