Author Topic: Light Wallet Beta Release  (Read 37943 times)

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
why not package the web wallet into app?

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
I compiled the qt light wallet,  how to deploy the web service like wallet.bitshares.org? is there any guide document, thanks.

The Qt wallet is not designed to be deployed as a web service. The original one is thats why it was based on web tech like coffeescript.

Offline bitatom

• View Profile
I compiled the qt light wallet,  how to deploy the web service like wallet.bitshares.org? is there any guide document, thanks.

Yes, the light wallet targets Qt 5.4. It should be possible for a sufficiently motivated user (lol) to get it working on 5.3, but this is unsupported as it requires breaking some useful features.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 05:58:02 am by bitatom »

Offline modprobe

Yes, the light wallet targets Qt 5.4. It should be possible for a sufficiently motivated user (lol) to get it working on 5.3, but this is unsupported as it requires breaking some useful features.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
My linux build chokes here:

Code: [Select]
[ 3591s] /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/bitshares-bts-0.8.1/programs/light_wallet/QtWrappers.cpp: In member function 'QString TransactionSummary::timeString() const':
[ 3591s] /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/bitshares-bts-0.8.1/programs/light_wallet/QtWrappers.cpp:40:105: error: no matching function for call to 'QTimer::singleShot(int, const TransactionSummary* const, void (TransactionSummary::*)())'
[ 3591s]           QTimer::singleShot(20000 + distribution(generator), this, &TransactionSummary::timestampChanged);

Apparently Qt-5.4 is required but OBS only has 5.3.

Edit: after replacing &TransactionSummary::timestampChanged with SLOT(timestampChanged()) in three places it compiles.

Edit2: BitShares-light RPMs available on Fedora-21 and openSUSE-13.2: https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:p_conrad:bts/BitShares
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 07:30:09 pm by pc »
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
  • GitHub: wmbutler
I just wanted to drop a note to thank you for this. It addresses one of the most pressing shortcomings of BTS (watching the blockchain rebuild itself).

I really think the most useful derivative of this would be building an ionic/cordova app that uses BitUSD as the underpinnings. This would bring bitUSD to the masses pretty quickly. I could help with front end and UX if anyone else has the backend chops.
PTS: PnBVP1iLTsV6U8z4BeJYhF8jMpkLhtTi9r
BTS2.0: billbutler
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Offline modprobe

You should be able to recover your account on wallet.bitshares.org using your recovery password if the light server fails permanently, but you could also host your own server and edit the javascript in the light wallet to point it to your server as well.

After we get a stable release, I'll look into multi-server modes of operation which should be more fault tolerant.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Thanks for the heads up, @vlight. The server was down following the xen patch that's been making its rounds recently. It's back up now.

If the server is permanently down, are we not able to transfer coins? We may need backup to json feature in LW.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline modprobe

Thanks for the heads up, @vlight. The server was down following the xen patch that's been making its rounds recently. It's back up now.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Getting this error "Unable to connect to unspecified(0) No connection could be made because target machine actively refused it" with 1.0 beta 3

Offline yellowecho

At present, I have no plans on integrating with any particular exchanges or gateways. Sending to and receiving from these services using the light wallet should work as expected, and I do not necessarily want to endorse any particular service over another.

There is a way to achieve both goals:

* Offer a single deposit/withdraw interface
* Integrate a bridge wrapper
* Choose the bridge with the best price for the chosen coin type

This doesn't unfairly advantage any particular bridge and is win/win for everyone :)
+5%
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
At present, I have no plans on integrating with any particular exchanges or gateways. Sending to and receiving from these services using the light wallet should work as expected, and I do not necessarily want to endorse any particular service over another.

There is a way to achieve both goals:

* Offer a single deposit/withdraw interface
* Integrate a bridge wrapper
* Choose the bridge with the best price for the chosen coin type

This doesn't unfairly advantage any particular bridge and is win/win for everyone :)
  +5%

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
there's no real world value in bitBTC. that's my point. you can't use it like bitcoin

Another viewpoint: currently bitBTC is more valuable than bitcoin, check the price on metaexchange: https://metaexchange.info/markets/bitBTC/BTC

0.982 bitBTC -> 1 BTC
Because some delegates are feeding wrong prices.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14693.0
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:19:05 am by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline monsterer

there's no real world value in bitBTC. that's my point. you can't use it like bitcoin

Another viewpoint: currently bitBTC is more valuable than bitcoin, check the price on metaexchange: https://metaexchange.info/markets/bitBTC/BTC

0.982 bitBTC -> 1 BTC
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

zerosum

The problem is urgency. We need BTC -> BitBTC functionality in the wallet, NOW. We can take a more neutral approach later.

and what would joe do with BitBTC except for staring at them?

joe could send bitBTC to another account, which could be a bridge or gateway or another user. He needs to go to their website to set up the exchange and see the exchange rates anyways.

I get it.
We should have killed BTC in its infancy  (not develop anything for it etc. ). After all, there was no real world value in BTC... what can one do except stare at them....you could not use it like $ or Euro...