Author Topic: Keyhotee Status Update  (Read 389786 times)

Offline Riverhead

After registering your identity go to contacts and double click in your founder id. It'll be there with a gold background.

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
You'll see a point value associated with your ID.
Where?

Offline Riverhead

You'll see a point value associated with your ID.

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
How do we check that the registration with 0.7 is OK?

My ID is "vito" and my public key 8BmwDMW6GKG6i5m8AH1uvXW53kUYWWY2iQSsVTWdn1y58Uwkcg

Offline codinat

• View Profile
mac os10.8的keyhotee 还是0.7.0,怎么不更新到0.7.99?还有退出时总出问题,解决了吗?

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile

You're really only giving five days notice?

Is this going to be shared anywhere besides pages deep in an update thread on a forum?

How many founders do you anticipate losing?

They did send an email to founders on the 15th stating that IDs should be registered using the new client, but it didn't specify a deadline.  They should definitely send another email if there are any still unregistered.  Hopefully we can avoid losing any founders without too much more delay.

Offline 520Bit

• View Profile
Can anybody identify whether my Keyhotee public key is OK?

My Keyhotee public key: 5Cjgva2jU4cPhKCn83oyg1TeqLThahVa141gK8EqFKsvdhcrJM

It was registered in version 0.7.0. And I can login in version 0.7.99. How can I know if I need to register again or not?

And I received two test messages, are they from the dev?

One is from 7zW2f8ATR8zEhfwKxDKmW8ijq4aXB6DkeiWQw198D2qt8H1Xc7, another is from 6EU8sAqbiXk9Xw8yidyrghhPUhAhyRZQRLG9LsdZRNHJpv8Lyx.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 05:54:48 am by 520Bit »
Accept BTC/XCP/MSC: 152oBitoBwHwxR5UpUQnsvWSFjYHkheDJk
PTS: PtPXhrP5jk8BPH5fFcPnBgNSrfmJ6DCFcW
PPC: PRT95iQEKUzJSb2XsPjLgdbyoSyKiDmyb9

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Can I register also a  Keyhotee ID's or is it only for them they participate on Decembers snapshot?
As a new member of bitshares I have lost the snapshot, what can I do to participate now with a Keyhotee ID? And why should new member not have a way to participate? If existing members want also advantages on future dacs via keyhotee? Is there a solution? What to do? You must be carefull because the side effect is that many of us would feel like second category members... Am I missing something? Will we have the oportunity in future to have same advantages?

Everybody will have a chance to get a regular ID.  Founders took extra risks by donating to help us get started, so they get special recognition for doing that.  It's sort of like having your name carved in the cornerstone of a building for helping to fund it.

As far as Bitshares goes, PTS is now much cheaper so you can still get a great deal on shares in future DAC snapshots.  Those who got shares in XTS paid more, but they will soon be able to sell them to you in a free market.  So you can still get in on everything one way or another.

But it is always true that new investors take smaller risks and get smaller payoffs than earlier investors.

The good news is that everybody here today will be viewed as a high-payoff early investor when the rest of the world discovers what we have brewing here! 

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Riverhead

My understanding is that founders are getting special perks or recognition for contributing funds early so that this project could get off the ground. Without them this project may not have happened.

We all want to go back and be early investors in Google or Microsoft but sadly we can't.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Can I register also a  Keyhotee ID's or is it only for them they participate on Decembers snapshot?
As a new member of bitshares I have lost the snapshot, what can I do to participate now with a Keyhotee ID? And why should new member not have a way to participate? If existing members want also advantages on future dacs via keyhotee? Is there a solution? What to do? You must be carefull because the side effect is that many of us would feel like second category members... Am I missing something? Will we have the oportunity in future to have same advantages?

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Public Notice

Keyhotee Founder IDs will have an expanded role in the genesis block of many Bitshares DACs.

You should register your Keyhotee Founder ID's by the end of April to gain maximum advantage from them.

After that we can't guarantee that the next genesis block to be initialized will include them.

;)

The expanded role will be explained soon,
just wanted to alert you to the need to finish registering using the new version of Keyhotee.

You're really only giving five days notice?

Is this going to be shared anywhere besides pages deep in an update thread on a forum?

How many founders do you anticipate losing?
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline bytemaster

DPOS requires that we can register delegates in the blockchain.
Delegates are more easily identified by name than number
Hence we have the ability to register names in every blockchain

Therefore, we will reserve all Keyhotee Founders in the genesis block of every chain.

Translated from here:
Since that Keyhotee founder IDs are more important now,  is there any chance to acquire new founder IDs?

We are not going to start any new funding methods until we have delivered a working product.   We will make a few more announcements regarding how the name system will work and I think it will address your desire to purchase life-time IDs.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:42:25 pm by bytemaster »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Therefore, we will reserve all Keyhotee Founders in the genesis block of every chain.
holy moly ... more excitenment...

Offline 麥可貓

• View Profile

Translated from here:
Since that Keyhotee founder IDs are more important now,  is there any chance to acquire new founder IDs?
PTS: PmRVDPymZqSAZEXauHZSewrUrE66af7epT
BTSX: michaelcat
Delegate Team: x1.sun  x2.sun

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.