Author Topic: Keyhotee Status Update  (Read 389809 times)

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
We're also going to add a "crash reporter" so that testers can submit a report with a stack dump for any crash we can't duplicate here.

Looking forward to it.
Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Thanks for the update Dan
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
I think I found a solution for the intermittent "duplicate mails" issue, going to commit a fix to the mail server tomorrow after I've given it some final thought. We're also going to add a "crash reporter" so that testers can submit a report with a stack dump for any crash we can't duplicate here. Has anyone yet had a chance to try out the Mac client built by brownbear, drekrob, et al? It's located here: ftp://178.63.85.22/Keyhotee/MacOS/2014-03-06_02-02-21/
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Dan, I went back to the bug report thread to update my bug report, not to derail this thread.
Please check it there.

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
2. Chinese character question mark '?' still cause application crashes every time I input it.
1) Which OS version are you using specifically?
2) Can you give the specific steps you use to enter these characters?
Our main problem right now is we don't know how to reproduce this issue on our systems. Here's the github issue, can you reply there with more details?
https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/keyhotee/issues/301

Sorry,I treated this thread as the bug report thread for one second, cuz I also update that thread frequently recently.
I can reproduce that issue every time. Yep, I will write down the process with more details, as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 07:44:33 am by coolspeed »

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
For all you Mac OS testers out there, just saw this post in another thread by drekrob:
The jenkins server we are setting up already supplies nightly builds for mac and linux here:
ftp://178.63.85.22/
Would be nice to get some feedback if they run, cause i can only test them on the build server. If any dependencies are missing i would not notice as they are installed there.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
The new Keyhotee alpha release 0.5.6 for Linux is available here: http://invictus.io/bin/keyhotee_0.5.6.gz

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
2. Chinese character question mark '?' still cause application crashes every time I input it.
1) Which OS version are you using specifically?
2) Can you give the specific steps you use to enter these characters?
Our main problem right now is we don't know how to reproduce this issue on our systems. Here's the github issue, can you reply there with more details?
https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/keyhotee/issues/301

Offline CalabiYau

Version 0.5.6 : sending bug fixed - confirmed  :)

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
I am already using it since version 0.5.2 to give updates to a friend.. =)

We are getting there... =) Hey.. i am sure it's not a priority.. but add an option to change language. I need to correct some PT translations I did.. and complete some others... and it takes some time to "evaluate" what I did with changing system LANG..

Tks.. and keep up the valuable work!

EDIT: Or if there is a way to input a flag to force a LANG.. that's also ok.
You can do it by launching a cmd prompt and temporarily setting the LANG environment variable to your alternate language there, then launch Keyhotee. For example, to use simplified chinese on Windows:
<Ctrl>-R
cmd
set LANG=zh-CN
keyhotee
A similar method works for Linux as well.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
Hi Dan,
i just update my mac keyhotee that build by wackou that i believe should be version 0.5.5
i add your public key and try to send you an email, but seem it is the mail unable to reach you.. during the mail, the receiver are dedicate to you but after pressing send it is random switch to another address in my contact.
Yes, this is a known bug with 0.5.5. We put out 0.5.5 too quickly in order to let KH give better verification of founder status before the Mar 28 BTS snapshot, and by rushing we let this bug slip into that release. It's been fixed in 0.5.6.

Offline kmtan

• View Profile
Hi Dan,

i just update my mac keyhotee that build by wackou that i believe should be version 0.5.5
i add your public key and try to send you an email, but seem it is the mail unable to reach you.. during the mail, the receiver are dedicate to you but after pressing send it is random switch to another address in my contact.

Hi Dan,

ver5.5 show the both  my ID is registered with point. look great..

another problem i found is when compose a email i select to another ID but it seem it will send back the email to myself..do you have this problem?
I just made  a quick test and it seemed to work for me, but I just sent to one of my other identities. You can send to me and let's see if I get it: 5MqnjndmGZTVnteKPZbr5noMspHXEJBpntYYzwhuTzeRDUAXaL
You may need to create a contact with this public key first, I'm not sure if sending to anonymous keys is supported without an associated contact record yet (I've got this on my list of things to check).

Offline Ykw

• View Profile
I am already using it since version 0.5.2 to give updates to a friend.. =)

We are getting there... =) Hey.. i am sure it's not a priority.. but add an option to change language. I need to correct some PT translations I did.. and complete some others... and it takes some time to "evaluate" what I did with changing system LANG..

Tks.. and keep up the valuable work!

EDIT: Or if there is a way to input a flag to force a LANG.. that's also ok.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 12:35:36 pm by Ykw »

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
The new Keyhotee alpha release 0.5.6 is available here: http://invictus.io/bin/keyhotee_0.5.6.zip
Linux release to follow tomorrow, assuming no major problem reports.

This version fixes the "send to wrong contact" bug introduced in 0.5.5 that was causing emails to be lost, plus many other smaller bug fixes.

One change you'll note if you create a new profile is that there's less info requested on profile creation. There's also a mail server icon that reports the status of your connection to the mail server (it's beside the bitshares "plug" that currently reports "disconnected" for alpha testers unless you're running a special build). 

There's a new feature for selecting a contact from your contact list and emailing it to other users for import into their contact list (new contact is sent as an attachment that can be selected for import by recipient). In another day or so, this will be updated to send multiple contacts. There's also an authorization feature that will ultimately be used for a couple of things (sharing transaction keys for increased privacy transactions, direct connect IM, etc), but this feature doesn't yet do much on the surface.

Now that the hectic support activity from Keyhotee founder ids has settled down, I've been diving into the existing code for keyhotee ID mining. Getting that operational is the next major task for me. I have a rough idea of what needs to be done, but I'm still mapping out the details before I make major changes.

These problems still exist:
1. Every time I open the application, it receives several mails (the same ones every time) which are marked unread.

Generally, it is still too buggy to use for now, only for me?

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
..SNIP..
Now that the hectic support activity from Keyhotee founder ids has settled down, I've been diving into the existing code for keyhotee ID mining. Getting that operational is the next major task for me. I have a rough idea of what needs to be done, but I'm still mapping out the details before I make major changes.
This is great news. I have a feeling once we can turn other people on to Keyhotee, getting them setup so we can securely communicate (Chat/Kmail), it will be the "hook" that opens the opportunity to learn more about Invictus. It will also help them get interesting and excited about current and future DACs. +5% Crypto and privacy are going to be huge this year.