Author Topic: 100% vs. 50% vs. 3% delegates  (Read 2188 times)

Offline fuzzy

100% is expected at current market cap because it offers a small stream of funding.  If you somehow find yourself with extra money then you can publicly burn the funds. 

3% is to cover costs of running a delegate

+5 this^
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
At the risk of sounding like a total newbie (which I am)...

What is the difference?

Correct if wrong, but if 3% then 97% of the delegate payout gets burned?
What happens to it? Does it disappear, or someone ends up getting it?

It is never created.

Offline karnal

• View Profile
At the risk of sounding like a total newbie (which I am)...

What is the difference?

Correct if wrong, but if 3% then 97% of the delegate payout gets burned?
What happens to it? Does it disappear, or someone ends up getting it?

Offline wackou

I do have a 30% delegate (btstools.digitalgaia, currently not voted in  :'( ) because I believe that I don't deserve as much as a full-time dev, but that it's also worth more than the usual 3% (I'm developing software also, not only running the delegate). Riverhead also has a 10% delegate, but as far as I know, we are the only 2 with payrate between 100% and 3%...
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
3% is also the initial payrate for those delegates that have been around since before the hardfork to dilution ..

else I agree with Carpet Ride, it's just not worth registering for a 10% or 30% delegate now .. but hopefully soon :D

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
100% is expected at current market cap because it offers a small stream of funding.  If you somehow find yourself with extra money then you can publicly burn the funds. 

3% is to cover costs of running a delegate
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I am curious to understand why we seem to have these extremes of all 100% delegates or 3% which is next to nada.

What about 50% delegates?

If a project to support bitshares bid for delegate vote and the budget really only required 50%.. would you prefer to see that.. or would you prefer to see them put in the 59k+ bts to be a 100%er?

Scanning over the 101 I really only see these extremes of 100 to 3.. is there some reason I don't know of why there are no in-betweens?

PS: Proud to now be a Sr. Member.. seeing as this is my 200th post.  :D
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+