Author Topic: True potential of Recurring & Scheduled Payments - let's collect all use cases!  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Easy solution would be
1) Let the price of BTS rise to moon
2) take some money and buy 10-20 develops
3) Have all the features available on blockchain level be exposed to the User
4) ???
5) replace moon by pluto start over at 1)

As you can see .. we are currently (again) in a chicken and egg problem. We don't have the funds to get new developers until the price goes way up. Until then we need to do whatever is possible by just a few devs. (btw, those are working on CNX shares on not actually money .. so most of the devs are already "shorting their own payment with work" .. lots of work)

All we need is some investors for CNX so that they can hire 10 more devs for a year or more .. then things will move at warp speed

Hence the point of a bunch of us spending two weeks in Europe next month.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Easy solution would be
1) Let the price of BTS rise to moon
2) take some money and buy 10-20 develops
3) Have all the features available on blockchain level be exposed to the User
4) ???
5) replace moon by pluto start over at 1)

As you can see .. we are currently (again) in a chicken and egg problem. We don't have the funds to get new developers until the price goes way up. Until then we need to do whatever is possible by just a few devs. (btw, those are working on CNX shares on not actually money .. so most of the devs are already "shorting their own payment with work" .. lots of work)

All we need is some investors for CNX so that they can hire 10 more devs for a year or more .. then things will move at warp speed

Offline noisy

Unfortunatelly, Recurring & Scheduled Payments is still not ready, but in my opinion this could be a game changer for bitshares.

I am wondering whether you think the same. I believe, that recurring payments can guarantee quick grow of number of transactions.

I started this thread, because I think that this would be useful to have list of possible markets, which could be positively affected by bitshares technology.

For example, in Poland a lot of people use cell-phones with prepaid cards. User phone-account could be refilled automatically with new funds on monthly basis. Right now I can refill my phone-account by bitcoins with 10% discount, but I need to remember about that. With bitshares everything could be automated.

What are other type of services, which could be integrated with bitshares?

Maybe some entrepreneur will read that thread and will create new service with bitshares integrated :)
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv