Author Topic: [ANN] BITSHARES n BEYOND DAC [Sollywood TV + Sollars and Sense]  (Read 10464 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

@onceuponatime -- this was your first reaction:

:D

+5%

I think the videos you produce to promote bitshares while you work on the funding for the new Bitshare Video would certainly be awesome.

Quality videos like these will go a long way.. perhaps create some with the intent of going viral? Others that maybe can work with news releases?

Lots of possibilities. In the end, as long as the production is consistent.. it will definitely be a step up for bitshares eco system as a whole.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline onceuponatime

My first reaction is that this is a very ambitious project and realistically far more than one man can accomplish working alone - even in the beginning.

You will need a team. How are you going to pay them, even minimally, so that they can cover rent and food? In other words, let's see a preliminary budget and estimates of how much money you will need at each stage of the project. Not just for labor, but for whatever you are going to need as the project develops (ie. such things as office space, equipment, websites, advertising, servers, etc.) If you run out of funds before you get a cash flow to cover ongoing expenses it could turn out to be another broken dream.

Have you got an inventory of what skills you are going to require, besides your own? For instance, you are going to need a dev or devs to do coding for parts of your project, yes? I hope you are not planning on poaching any of our core devs?  :'(  You are going to need to find and perhaps partner with such talent.

Please don't let me discourage you. I just want to see financial plans fleshed out much as Edilliam wants to see the technical plans fleshed out.  It is an awesome vision, but needs the discipline of a business plan of the quality you would take to hard-hearted venture capitalists.  This will help you immensely.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Are you open to rebranding discussions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline edilliam

I like your videos and I particularly like your on screen presenting style, from the other video of you I have seen. Our community needs more people with your enthusiasm and creativity. I would vote for you as a delegate just to have you working full time on the BitShares branded videos btw.

Let's get down to some questions:

Can you give us a full history of your project? It looks like a lot of this content was created for previous pitches elsewhere. What worked, what didn't work etc in the past? How have you come to where you are now etc?

Do you actually have any of the technical aspects worked out yet, or is this more of a vision of what could be? What happens if some of the things you have envisaged are just not possible? I would highly recommend working these details out in a white paper asap if not done already. I fear you have mainly approached this project from the content creation side and not the technical side.

Some thoughts I have had previously in regards to creating my own video DAC that are relevant to this project are: Where will the content be stored, how will it be accessed, how much will this storage cost and how will these costs be handled by the DAC? Is data stored on a centralized or decentralized solution? What about data redundancy? What cut does the DAC take of the purchases? How will the cost of an existing CMS be managed or will a brand new CMS solution need be designed and built? Can anybody upload anything? If so, how will the legal side be handled such as DMCA take downs etc? If not, how will you decide what content is to go on the platform, who decides, how are they paid? Is playout limited to web streaming only?

Also, do you have a team assembled or in mind already? How many people do you think this would take to make? What sort of timescales etc? This is a very ambitious project!  :D

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 08:11:38 pm by SolomonSollarsNSense »
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense