Author Topic: Why I Won't Be Back  (Read 3034 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Hi community, thanks for all the feedback. For now I won’t try another wallet.  I feel at this stage of the game the wallet issues I have encountered  shouldn't be happening, as this should have been sorted by now, it’s not as if I’m the first to have encountered this problem going  by other posts. Not a good sign if the Devs are still working on wallet issues after, how many updates now?  Don’t show me the door so soon, because I have at least taken the time to give you all some feedback, but through the door I will be going for now. All of us involved in crypto want the same thing and that is mass adoption. Sure some because they want to make a profit on their early foresight and investments and others because of freedom from the banks and governments, or to be honest in my case a bit of both.

Where will we be in 10 years’ time and how many will be in use and which will be the leading crypto?  Who knows, maybe it hasn’t even been released yet. We can only go on what we know today, and even though there are hundreds of coins out there, there can only be about 15 to 20 of them at the moment that you could bet on. I personally think that Bitshares could be one of them, but hey I have been wrong many times in the past so don’t take my word for it. I feel Bitshares will have a spike when Peertracks are released and that is why I tried to download a wallet. Sure I am not “emotionally” attached to this coin as I am with others, like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ripple, Nxt, Maza, LTBCoin (Token) or FeatherCoin who are based just up the road from me in Oxford in UK, this one was purely for profit man. At the moment I only have about 40 000 BTS on a couple of exchanges one of them Bter Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and at 3505 sat down to 3256 lately, BTS is undervalued in my eyes at the moment. Shit I will buy more and take a chance and leave them on the exchanges, hell I’ve lost more in the past with Cryptorush (original) and Mintpal Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, it’s all very well when everyone saying, “Don’t leave your coins on the exchanges”, but as a “novice” daily trader that’s easier said than done.

Thanks for all the helpful replies, +1 goes to onceuponatime’s reply and to sschechter for telling it as it is. As a community you should keep donkeypong away from the Newbie section and only release him when trolls appear. Jokes aside I wish you guys all the best for the future and am sure our paths will cross in time, as unfortunately in crypto world even thou time travels at a faster speed we are still only young and small in mumbers.

The irony of all this is that hours later in the Beyond Bitcoin Hangout with Bytemaster, the announcement about the Lite-Wallet becoming available was made. Maybe you want to check into that at some time next week and see if it's something that works for you.

Otherwise I think you are on the right track buying more BTS. :)  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Thom

Sorry your experience with BitShares has been disappointing for you man. But I can truly sympathize with it and hope you will return. Many of use share your frustrations regarding the current state of the BitShares UX, but it is improving and we have a very dedicated community and highly innovative dev team.

I sense you are also motivated by more than profit alone and for that reason I hope you will return yet again where the threshold of pain is acceptable to you.

Good luck out there.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
The product is in beta. You are no more than a product tester. When there's a finished client/wallet, then we'll talk. Oh, but that's right, you're gone already. One and done.

This is a bullshit.  A new user is frustrated about their experience.  If we want to grow, we're supposed to be helping people, not showing them the door.  If you think that new users ought to be spending hours troubleshooting their issues, while still remaining excited about BitShares, you're insane.  This is not beta software.  It is in production and its out in the wild and can be downloaded by anyone.  Beta is just this communities excuse for buggy, unpolished software.

@BikerGSX: I feel with you! Pity you did make your decisicon about! Hopefully we will see you back here soon!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline BikerGSX

• View Profile
Hi community, thanks for all the feedback. For now I won’t try another wallet.  I feel at this stage of the game the wallet issues I have encountered  shouldn't be happening, as this should have been sorted by now, it’s not as if I’m the first to have encountered this problem going  by other posts. Not a good sign if the Devs are still working on wallet issues after, how many updates now?  Don’t show me the door so soon, because I have at least taken the time to give you all some feedback, but through the door I will be going for now. All of us involved in crypto want the same thing and that is mass adoption. Sure some because they want to make a profit on their early foresight and investments and others because of freedom from the banks and governments, or to be honest in my case a bit of both.

Where will we be in 10 years’ time and how many will be in use and which will be the leading crypto?  Who knows, maybe it hasn’t even been released yet. We can only go on what we know today, and even though there are hundreds of coins out there, there can only be about 15 to 20 of them at the moment that you could bet on. I personally think that Bitshares could be one of them, but hey I have been wrong many times in the past so don’t take my word for it. I feel Bitshares will have a spike when Peertracks are released and that is why I tried to download a wallet. Sure I am not “emotionally” attached to this coin as I am with others, like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ripple, Nxt, Maza, LTBCoin (Token) or FeatherCoin who are based just up the road from me in Oxford in UK, this one was purely for profit man. At the moment I only have about 40 000 BTS on a couple of exchanges one of them Bter Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and at 3505 sat down to 3256 lately, BTS is undervalued in my eyes at the moment. Shit I will buy more and take a chance and leave them on the exchanges, hell I’ve lost more in the past with Cryptorush (original) and Mintpal Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, it’s all very well when everyone saying, “Don’t leave your coins on the exchanges”, but as a “novice” daily trader that’s easier said than done.

Thanks for all the helpful replies, +1 goes to onceuponatime’s reply and to sschechter for telling it as it is. As a community you should keep donkeypong away from the Newbie section and only release him when trolls appear. Jokes aside I wish you guys all the best for the future and am sure our paths will cross in time, as unfortunately in crypto world even thou time travels at a faster speed we are still only young and small in mumbers.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
This is a bullshit.  A new user is frustrated about their experience.  If we want to grow, we're supposed to be helping people, not showing them the door.  If you think that new users ought to be spending hours troubleshooting their issues, while still remaining excited about BitShares, you're insane.  This is not beta software.  It is in production and its out in the wild and can be downloaded by anyone.  Beta is just this communities excuse for buggy, unpolished software.

I'm as frustrated as anyone that it isn't easier to use. But they're still working on the thing. What can you expect? Either someone is mature enough to realize it ain't perfect or else they're too impatient. If it's the latter, then welcoming and cuddling them isn't in anyone's best interest.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
The product is in beta. You are no more than a product tester. When there's a finished client/wallet, then we'll talk. Oh, but that's right, you're gone already. One and done.

BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline onceuponatime

There is an outstanding e-book on bitshares called Bitshares101 by Max Wright that you would find helpful.

It is available here:  http://bitshares.tv/bitshares-101/

It will walk you through the (admittedly still tedious) process step by step in Chapter 7.

And it will explain how, though bitshares is still not as easy as it very soon will be, we are all early adopters and therefore participating in an amazing opportunity. Getting involved with bitcoin back in 2012 when it was $10 per BTC was also only for early adopters with persistence. And it paid off handsomely. 

Bitshares is no pump and dump, here today gone tomorrow, project as so many others seem to be. Your persistence (and ours) will bear fruit.

Alternatively you can again come back in a few months when it WILL be much easier and ready for the masses. You will avoid the frustrations. And you could still be amongst the early adopters, but you will undoubtedly have to buy in at a much higher price than today.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Again a ui expert should run as delegate to solve such issues.. query the filesystem to find the state of last install and ask user what they want to do... little things make all the difference
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
also, to wipe bitshares make sure to delete the folder in C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Roaming - just make sure to backup your wallet in case you remember your password.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
How much RAM does your computer have?  Which OS? 

Maybe you'll have more luck with the lightwallet:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14323.0

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

i think allowing establish new account will be good, even there is account already.
I have similar experience with you. I installed bts, and i forget that. Then several months later, when i reinstalled the client, it require a passwaord i don't remember. I just know i have no credits in the account, and it is so hard to delet my previous wallet.

not a bad suggestion. Seemed to make sense to me.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
i think allowing establish new account will be good, even there is account already.
I have similar experience with you. I installed bts, and i forget that. Then several months later, when i reinstalled the client, it require a passwaord i don't remember. I just know i have no credits in the account, and it is so hard to delet my previous wallet.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
The password you are asked for is a password you may set initially...

Offline BikerGSX

• View Profile
Ok where do I start?, I downloaded a wallet months ago, 0.4.8, I could not get it to work, so I lost interest and moved on to other coins. To many choices not enough time. Anyway months later I thought I would try again, so downloaded the latest wallet and when it opened it wanted a password, now ages ago I think I might have had a Proto shares wallet??, over the years I have had well over 50, so sorry I cant recall. Anyway I deleted everything I could find to do with Bitshares and downloaded again, when the wallet opened; again it wanted a password, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRjjejjerwklmasherkldr Fu*k  I am pulling my FU*KING hair out.

Right counted to a hundred and am now a bit calmer. I have been at work all night and am tied, and pissed off, been trying to sort this for over 2 HOURS. Never known a wallet to be such a F*****g pain in the ass. This is not ready for mass adoption.

Sorry about the shitty post everyone, just frustrated with basic computer skills. Anyway off to get some sleep before I throw my F************************* computer through the F***************************** window.

I will see how I feel when I get up. >:(  :'(

PS: Moderator; Feel free to delete this post, I wont be offended. FEEDBACK.